• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello guyz, well, i just wanted to show ya my hobby, when i don't feel like making maps, i just terrain a bit, but just FF.

Here have sum Screenies :)

NOTE: Theres a variety of people who worked on teh models, every single model has been downloaded from the hive, from the russian web and wc3campaigns.

Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.JPG
    Screenshot 1.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Screenshot 2.JPG
    Screenshot 2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Screenshot 3.JPG
    Screenshot 3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot 4.JPG
    Screenshot 4.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot 5.JPG
    Screenshot 5.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot 6.JPG
    Screenshot 6.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot 7.JPG
    Screenshot 7.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot 8.JPG
    Screenshot 8.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 184
Level 34
Bleh, the whole modern city stuff is ugly in wc3. How about some landscapes instead?

Level 18
some are nice... some need help.

from pics 5 - 8, even though we understand the view your trying to get across, it doesn't give the feel of a city, having been destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

maybe, if you add BLighted trees instead, and greyish shrubs.
More ruble !
buildings are to bright and not so destroyed. Perhaps getting destroyed models, or tinting them a more dark/ greyer color would add to it.
Add some sort of fire to the buildings maybe...

also add FOG! dark fog ( maybe a dark grey or almost black with an x of 0 and a y distnace of 6000-10000, and a density of .6 ) would make a nuclear destruction theme.

other than that, the first picture looks really nice, except for the strange camera angle. I like the fact that you use that type of grass with that cityscape tile. perhaps using TRimmed grass would up the realness of it.

Level 35
wait....if a nuclear strike hit it...where are the ruins, the blackened shadows burned into the walls, the ash filled...stuff, the debris littered all over creation, THE CRATER!?

Hiroshima didn't look green and clean for quite some time if my history is correct.

Level 15
wait....if a nuclear strike hit it...where are the ruins, the blackened shadows burned into the walls, the ash filled...stuff, the debris littered all over creation, THE CRATER!?

Hiroshima didn't look green and clean for quite some time if my history is correct.

the crater zone ain't done xP so i didn't screenshoted it, but the crater it self is done, when i finish the zone ill take a screenie.

and thedeathunterxx VERY helpfull ^^
thanks, ill grab ur tips.

Level 34
101, have u ever saw the movie "i am legend"? or played call of duty 4: modern warfare?
First off, I am Legend isn't all that realistic. Things like the last scene are really not realistic. And where was the nuke?

And Call of Duty has nukes?

Level 34
there was no nuke at i am legend, but the city were left alone by about 30-40 years. and bout CoD4 yes, it has a MEGA UBER nuke, which as A XTREME PLAYABLE CINEMATIC, The best EVER.
Well then don't use something that doesn't relate to the topic (talking about I Am Legend).\

Ah, I've never played the Single Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.