• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spinal Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Some of the terrain for my upcoming zombie survival:

TerrainScreen1.jpg

TerrainScreen2.jpg

TerrainScreen3.jpg

TerrainScreen4.jpg

TerrainScreen5.jpg

-Bane

Level 8
They are all good. However, they could probably benefit from having a center of focus, something that the eye is drawn to when you first look at the picture. In any artistic work, it's always better if something lunges at you and grabs you attention.

Level 4
very nice. Check out this site- \\XGM\\Ìîäåëè\\
It's in russian, sorry about that. However, I linked directly to the model page, it doesn't have a TON but it definitely has quite a few urban models you would benefit greatly from using. : )

Level 9
@ Simon. Yeah i know what your saying and it helps in screenshots but ingame it doesnt make that much of a difference as you will be moving around the terrain.

@ Ribenamania. Yeah i just started on the terrain a few days ago so i still have to do bushes/trees etc. And what do you meen by the lighting isnt very good.

@ Legion. Thanks for the link that website has some really useful stuff!

-Bane

@ Ribenamania. Yeah i just started on the terrain a few days ago so i still have to do bushes/trees etc. And what do you meen by the lighting isnt very good.

@ Legion. Thanks for the link that website has some really useful stuff!

@ Bane, the street lights... are those star lightning another model or is it inside the street light model? If it isn't.. delete it.. looked bad

@ Legion, aren't Russian models illegal in THW?

Level 9
1. Those models arn't on the hive, they're on a different website.
2. ~Void~ what do you meen... how does a spinal tap have anything to do with stonehenge.

Level 34
Bane, do you know what Spinal Tap is? I was going to say how amazing the title was, but if you don't... : (

The terrain is a little bit plain, I'd try and get more doodads for sure. Also I'd suggest using the glow model for the lights instead of the flares you used. Well I gotta go so that's it, stupid job.

Level 36
They are all good. However, they could probably benefit from having a center of focus, something that the eye is drawn to when you first look at the picture. In any artistic work, it's always better if something lunges at you and grabs you attention.

I just have to say this: read the damn text before posting! :p Its not ALLWAYS art terrains, and he stated that it was for a playable terrain, thus, you dont need "eye-candy" yet it is nice nevertheless.

And well, all that need to be said is already said :p

Level 36
Bane, do you know what Spinal Tap is? I was going to say how amazing the title was, but if you don't... : (

The terrain is a little bit plain, I'd try and get more doodads for sure. Also I'd suggest using the glow model for the lights instead of the flares you used. Well I gotta go so that's it, stupid job.

Yes, it is removal of fluid via the lumbar region of the spinal cord.

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Best movie ever, and I'll tell you why. It's a comedy from the 80's, and it's still funny now.

Status
Not open for further replies.