• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky effect? Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okey so Im making a map with a friend of mine for some practice, and I want a place to look like its high up in the sky, so can anyone help me to make that effect? I mean explain, I know that you can tint the water to something so it looks right and fog and stuff. Please help me!

Level 18
well if your using this map purly for terraining :
1) you can use [ CTRL + PAGEUP ] on a selected doodad to raise it up into the sky.

2) to make something appear like its in the sky, you can make a camera and adjust the angle of attack to 0, and make sure that its hieght offset ( Z offset ) is 0 as well. Then you can use clouds ( Ubercloud 0-2 ) which can be found in the UTM ( the Ultimate terraining map ) on this site.

i dont think you can effectivly implement fog with the second method without it looking strange....

there might be more teckniques, but i dont know about them :p

Level 3
Well thanks for the help but its a RPG so wanna make it so you can walk there and stuff. I saw someone use some fog and like tinted water but I have no idea what the color was.

Level 18
oh, maybe you could try this :

make a units flying hieght to greater than 0 ( 500 for example)

then using fog at 100(X) and 4000(Y) and a whitish, greyish or light bluish color, than
use the Real clouds doodad ( found on WC3 campaigns ) and put those in to match the heights of the unit. Maybe itll seem like your walking on clouds?

i dont know ive never tried it... might work..it might not.

Level 3
k ty but just 1 thing anyone know what the guy( No idea Whom it was) That tinted the water so it looked nice and did like a island in the sky

Level 3
Hmm the tut thingy I already know im decent in terrain but Thanks anyways. And yes I do have photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.