• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stairway to Heaven [Epic Landscape Contest]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
"...

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking

Oooh...It makes me wonder
Oooh...And it makes me wonder

And it's whispered that soon, if we all called the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter

..."

~Led Zeppelin

-This is an entry for a contest. And this is the link to the contest-

________

Attachments

• Stairway3.jpg
    Stairway3.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 7,079
Last edited:
Level 34
The lighting is good, but those sun rays don't make sense. Maybe it's just me though.

Level 28
Actually, they look pretty good depending on how you use them.

And I took 8 hours (around 4 hours in one day, and 4 in the next), because I changed much things since the start of the terrain. For example, the center was supposed to have water, and when I finished it I had the idea of putting trees there. Then I started to play with the lightning and etc, always looking at Void's entry for the Terrain Contest #3 (I took the background and doodad placement ideas from there).

Yes, that was time consuming. But I think I've spent a lot of time on MSN/forums, too =P

Level 5
why don't u make it a normal staircase , not a spiral one , make the base steps bigger and as it go higher decreases , but its troublesome ... anyway not bad !!!

Level 28
why don't u make it a normal staircase , not a spiral one , make the base steps bigger and as it go higher decreases , but its troublesome ... anyway not bad !!!

It looks sexier as a spiral stair, IMO =P

Ah, and I hate to say it to you, but your mountains in the background look like shit :(

Mountains don't look like this: /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

If you want cliffy mountains do something like this:
238672505_64fd1ef3ed.jpg

What do you mean? The image didn't helped :/

So you think that the mountains at mine terrains are wrong? (example 1\example 2) I'm confused :/

Level 36
So you think that the mountains at mine terrains are wrong? (example 1\example 2) I'm confused :/

No, just this one. The two examples you gave are perfect :D

All you need to do is go around those sharp pointy peaks (around halfway up them) with raise on a 3 brush. Just a tiny bit, to make them look more jagged on the sides and less on the top.

Level 11
In my opinion \Naze this ranks up as one of your best terrains. Sizing is good, it is most definitely an epic stairway to heaven. The blobbed lighting sticks out slightly, but it doesn't exactly make it look bad. More heavenly if anything.

+rep and cookies!!

Level 28
Thanks for the comments, all!

I think this is going to be the last one.

I edited it, I fixed the background as Void suggested, added the feeling of depth, removed trees that doesn't looked good and removed/added some sun flares here and there.

Yes, now I think I'm done. :)

Level 5
Put a man going up to the stairs..That would be..-Sniff- Happy and sad..:)

But its looks good...I got impressed in it..Makes me want to go heaven..JOOOWWWKK.lol..Very Impressive Work..Clap for him!!..-clap clap-

-off topic-
Lioness your avatar makes me LAUGH!!!..

Status
Not open for further replies.