• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Landscape...thing...stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeaaaaaaah, I don't have any idea what to call it. I'm not going to work on it again, by the way.

Attachments

• Epic Landscape III.jpg
    Epic Landscape III.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 1,745
Level 5
the 2 very sharp hills in the background are very odd
foreground can do with some extra objects
transition from waterfall to river to sea is very strange, use tinting colours or different water models to make it smoother looking.
rocks lining the river do not fit in with the foreground effectively. maybe change tinting of rocks, use other rocks, change rock heights, raise the terrain around the river or soemthing. i kno ur not gonna work on it again but maybe u can do better for ur next terrain lol

on the plus side, i like ur forest cliffs and trees, and the tile variation is decent

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
The rock formations are pretty awesome. You seriously have to link me to that model(s).

However, the two forest types (the pines on the beach and the trees on the hills) don't blend in that well. Also, the river is very meh. You should seriously consider something else than rocks for the shoreline.

And misplaced statues are misplaced. 'nuff said.

Now go fix, kiddo :p

Level 34
Well, the terrain... it looks kinda... weird? Yea, a little bit weird, and random. You should replace those trees, they don't looks so good on the picture. And those houses... uhh, they don't look like they're houses at all... well, they look like houses, but they look like toy houses

But I like those towers/hills in the background, they really look nice

EDIT: oh yea, and that ''river'', also needs work

Level 3
i like how there's cities popping up of the bushes.. hehe very beautiful and the two spires with cities on top is just nice... Love it man

Status
Not open for further replies.