• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First terrain ina year. Field_Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok this is my first terrain in around a year since my Frozen Throne disk wouldn't work. This is also my first map that I used the ultimate terrain map, so criticism will be helpful. I know that the bright green doesn't really fit with the darker grass but I couldn't get the shrubs tinted right.

Attachments

• Field_home.jpg
    Field_home.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 191
Level 9
Ok not to be an ass or anything but i remember people on the Hive to be a lot more polite and respectful. I mean some of you are just pointing out the flaws and I acknowledge that but when your just blatantly saying it looks like shit this way change it? Maybe some of you should look at how some of the more respectful Hive members work with people and take lessons. people like umm Craka J? he was always helpful.
again not to be a dick but im just saying

Level 18
this actually looks really nice...it has a warm feeling to it. The background and foreground blend in nicely.

here is helpful critisism to make it better

- the color of the grass iz okay, but im not sure, try this color
212 red
90 green
25 blue

i usually get good fall like results with these color combos

other than that it lookz great. i specially like the farm house... it has surprisingly good texture for a blowup unit ( converted to a doodad.)

Level 9
thx hunter. but i used the color setting on the grass and didn't get much of a fall feel but more of the look of blood grass XD. I fiddle with the settings and got more of a fall look but then the color doesn't go well with the trees color. To change the leaves on the trees would I have to edit the skin of the model because changing the color setting also changes the bark as well.

Level 25
The brown grass would look a lot nicer and blend better with the surrounding terrain if you added a dark fog and a darker sky. Brown and blue don't mix very well. I'd suggest making the fog into a peach/tan colored fog maybe and use either the Generic sky or Blizzard (Fogs affect the Blizzard sky to change to the fogs color usually)

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.