• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Public Resources Needed List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Because everyone is getting onto me about this, I've finally decided to begin working on a public model to do list. If you're a modeler and want to help, here's your chance to prove your worth and help us. Credits will be given if your work is used.

Stormwind Entrance Statues Reference 1 - Reference 2
Westfall Buildings Reference 1
Forge Reference 1
Blacksmith Building Reference 1 - Reference 2
Orgrimmar Buildings Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3
Orgrimmar Entrance Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3 - Reference 4
Durotar Environment Doodads Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3
Alliance Tower Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3
Alliance Tower (Destroyed) Reference 1 - Reference 2
Dwarf Mailbox Reference 1 - Reference 2
Night Elf Mailbox Reference 1
Horde Zepplin Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3 - Reference 4 - Reference 5
Worn Axe Reference 1
Hand Axe Reference 1
Primitive Hatchet Reference 1
Skull Hatchet Reference 1
Sharp Axe Reference 1
Copper Axe Reference 1
Frostmane Hand Axe Reference 1
Striking Hatchet Reference 1
Worn Hatchet Reference 1
Deadmines Cleaver Reference 1
Dwarven Hatchet Reference 1
Hatchet Reference 1
Grunt Axe Reference 1
Cleaver Reference 1
Flesh Carver Reference 1
Pitted Defias Shortsword Reference 1
Fine Scimitar Reference 1
Gladius Reference 1
Copper Shortsword Reference 1
Feeble Sword Reference 1
Short Sabre Reference 1
Notched Shortsword Reference 1
Well-used Sword Reference 1
Feral Blade Reference 1
Heavy Copper Longsword Reference 1
Commoner's Sword Reference 1
Raider Shortsword Reference 1
Northern Shortsword Reference 1
Stock Shortsword Reference 1
Warped Blade Reference 1
Longsword Reference 1
Edged Bastard Sword Reference 1
Battleworn Claymore Reference 1
Bastard Sword Reference 1
Crude Bastard Sword Reference 1
Two-handed Sword Reference 1 (Do not add red glow)
Orgrimmar Tower Model Reference 1 - Reference 2
Auction House doodads Reference 1
Horde firepit and Horde Braizer doodads Reference 1
Orgrimmar Catapult (Doesn't require animations, but having them anyway would be nice) Reference 1 - Reference 2
Saurfang Reference 1, Reference 2, Reference 3, Reference 4, Reference 5
Thrall's Chamber Building (Create indoors and exterior as one model!) Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3 - Reference 4 - Reference 5 - Reference 6 - Reference 7 - Reference 8 - Reference 9 - Reference 10
Battlegrounds Building (Interior and Exterior as one model!) Reference 1
Barrens Giraffe Reference 1 - Reference 2
Raptors Reference 1 - Reference 2 - Reference 3 - Reference 4 - Reference 5

Mulgore Tileset Reference 1 - Reference 2
Orgrimmar path/road tile Reference 1

I'll try to update this post as frequently as I can.

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 9
Yes, finaly I can do something to help this project! I just need to know the following before I start out!
Can i export from 3DMax to Wc3.Model format, or where can I get the SDK? Never bin modeling for WC:III before.

Also, do you think of performance as a main priority? So would I make the models more or less detailed than the normal WCIII models?

Level 10
Durotar Tileset (Cityscape) Reference 1 < dead link

Here is a tile for the "PathTiles" shown at the pictures from wow. Hope it can be used. It is a modifyed allready wc3 tile with no plants or small rocks at the variations and recolored + new shadows.

Attachments

• dirt tile.blp
    96.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 25
What is the texture path?
Oh and it says "(Cityscape)" next to Durotar Tiles because that means I want you to reskin a cityscape tile, since Orgrimmar uses the Cityscape tileset at the moment and I'd have to redo a lot.

~Craka_J

Level 10
Tile

Ok here it is. Hope you like it. Brighter now! ;D

NOTE:

There are two files, Number 1 (Tile1 (1)) has a little bug. One of the variations apper to be a little darker just a few %.
Anyway I made a second one (Tile1(2)). Then I changed the bugged area to a little birghter. Hope it is better. Uploaded both so you can decide.

(Cave_Dirt = Just a preview of bugged)
(Tile1 (1) = Bugged file)
(Tile1 (2) = Hopefully not bugged)

AND:

Missing:
Stock Shortsword Reference 1http://upload.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/53297.jpg

Attachments

• Cave_Dirt.psd
    818.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Tile1 (2).blp
    154.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Tile1 (1).blp
    155.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Level 25
Yeah. A lot of the MODELS are the same, but just have different textures. So basically, they're sort of like variations. You'll notice a lot of references that look similar to others. That's because they are.

If you need to make custom textures for the models you make, go right ahead. We like our models fitting for WarCraft III, so don't make a bunch of high poly stuff, please, unless if you're making a Tavern's exterior and interior in one model, like in WoW.

~Craka_J

Level 9
I might go for the zeppeliner, but the referances is not very good, and I can't find any better myself, so if someone could give me some better once it would be great. :thumbs_up:

Also if you(someone) has WoW please take a screenshot from (Front, left and Behind) it would make it much easyer for me since that is the way I normaly model! :wink:

Level 25
I will try to find more references, but they're tough to find. If anyone can go in WoW Model Viewer and pull out the zepplin and take several screenshots of it for JakeCake to use as references to model, that'd be awesome.

~Craka_J

Level 5
I will try to find more references, but they're tough to find. If anyone can go in WoW Model Viewer and pull out the zepplin and take several screenshots of it for JakeCake to use as references to model, that'd be awesome.

~Craka_J

I can do it. I just have to find the damn zeppelin first.

EDIT: Here's your screenshots. Oh and as you can see I uploaded both the screenshots themselves and a rar :grin:. I'm a noob at this entire attachment-thingy
Tell me if you need more

Attachments

• Zeppelin1.jpg
    Zeppelin1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Zeppelin2.jpg
    Zeppelin2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Zeppelin3.jpg
    Zeppelin3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 227
  • Zeppelin.rar
    343.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 25
No need to give the zeppelin model any animations. The only thing animated on the zeppelin in WoW is the propellers when it starts moving. If the stand animation makes the zeppelin bop around and all that, the people on the zeppelin will look like they're floating/clipping through the model. Plus, overall, it's easier.

Can't wait to see it when it's done, JakeCake!

ALSO: For Thrall's Chambers, I'm going to need someone to model the entire thing... the exterior and interior. Objects within such as torches, the throne, and so on aren't needed, just the walls, floors, ceiling, roof, etc. I'll try to find a bunch of references some time - or DrunkenPanda2000 can help by doing that for me. :smile:

~Craka_J

Level 5
ALSO: For Thrall's Chambers, I'm going to need someone to model the entire thing... the exterior and interior. Objects within such as torches, the throne, and so on aren't needed, just the walls, floors, ceiling, roof, etc. I'll try to find a bunch of references some time - or DrunkenPanda2000 can help by doing that for me. :smile:

~Craka_J

Now THAT will be little bit more complicated. I'll probably need mapviewer for that. Well we'll see what I can do :grin:

Level 5
Correction: 10 references out of whom one is just grey and one does not work. lol.
Anyway, god dammit then I downloaded map viewer for no use :'(. Well just tell me if you need more references of models or terrain ;P

Level 5
The website keeps redirecting me to another site. Could you please pastebin the zip/rar file for me please? It'd be a mega huge help. I could actually make all the areas a lot more accurate with it.

~Craka_J

Yes master, thy will be done.

And about the site redirecting all the time, THAT's what I meant with "a bit fucked up".

Attachments

• WoWMapView.rar
    466.7 KB · Views: 58
Level 5
Damn... shows the same areas as the other one I have does. Which is mainly instances, test areas, and barely anything I actually need for now.

~Craka_J

God dammit... What to do now then? And how can it possibly NOT work? You even have a new computer and everything. And it even works for me and I use Vista! (yes I do, but only because it was already installed on the damn comp and I'm too lazy to find and install XP on it. I'm trying to endure the crap... for the time being atleast.) I mean seriously... nothing works on Vista.

And shamanyouranus really nice bonfire :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Yes I've noticed that a lot of games sadly enough already are "vista-only". I fear the day when good old faithfull XP will be totally replaced. Atleast I hope they fix most of the problems with vista until then.
Anyway let's stop this off-topic discussion before Craka_J kicks us outta here.

Level 25
I think it's the WoW patch version I have on this PC. The older versions probably are the ones that work. But how do I downgrade patches?

And yes, back on topic. I'll check out the bonfire when I get a chance, but thanks a ton for it!

[EDIT]
The bonfire looks awesome! Great job!

~Craka_J

Level 10
I think it's the WoW patch version I have on this PC. The older versions probably are the ones that work. But how do I downgrade patches?

And yes, back on topic. I'll check out the bonfire when I get a chance, but thanks a ton for it!

[EDIT]
The bonfire looks awesome! Great job!

~Craka_J

~Craka_J

Dobble ~Craka_J ^^

Topic:

Anymore tiles? I am currently smoothing the orgrimmar tile! ;D

Level 5

Depends on your patch. If you have 3.0.1 or newer you simply can't. Then you have to uninstall and then install the patches one by one (until you get the patch you want).
If you have an older version than 3.0.1 you can downgrade it by deleting the patch.mpq from world of warcraft/data folder, and then run the repair tool. That should "backpatch" it to... well I think it is 1.00. Then you patch it to whichever patch you want.

Level 25
Depends on your patch. If you have 3.0.1 or newer you simply can't. Then you have to uninstall and then install the patches one by one (until you get the patch you want).
If you have an older version than 3.0.1 you can downgrade it by deleting the patch.mpq from world of warcraft/data folder, and then run the repair tool. That should "backpatch" it to... well I think it is 1.00. Then you patch it to whichever patch you want.

Which patch version do you have?

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.