• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What does The Hive Workshop stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older members are usually the ones that give the more blunt critiques. After helping so many people, and commenting on so many crappy resources, you get a little tired of keeping the friendly attitude. I've changed quite a bit since I first came here. As long as you continue to encourage the people to keep trying and to actually give advice, I don't think it's a big deal.

Am I not a perfect example?

Level 30
whell i stfu and move along to another one to avoid any fights etc...

if it is a good idea and it doesn't suck like hell, then i always ask if i can improve it or i help the submitter to improve... his/her model. (you all know i'm talking bout models).<--- This is the only comment i don't get flamed for -_-'.

If it's good, i always point out the bad things ... so it can become perfect. However, some people like to flame me and tell me i suck for saying it:
"WTF? Go Die!!!!!!! (I4M a NOOBZOR) the model R0KX!"
so either way ... i'll probably always get flamed ...

so ... i just shut up and never comment ever again.

Well,how about saying your honest opinion?

I think this forum is still what it is and will ever be... Ofcourse the "HWS" only users normally be fair and rate fair.. And about 50% say the reasons for raiting it good/bad... I don'T think we have anything to change... Just keep this page alive ;)

Yeah,but the difference remains:

Other Standards!

Wc3Campaigns,have stupid standards,they accept only the best of maps!

While we are a bit more soft and friendly when it comes to resources!

I wouldn't call those stupid standards at all. If I wanted a great quality resource and didn't want to look through lots of trash, I'd go to wc3c. Then if I couldn't find what I wanted, I'd look in the hive.

Level 24
What does the Hive Workshop stand for?
To be honest, I don't really know anymore. It feels like it was only yesterday when this place was a friendlier neighborhood, not saying it isn't now. I don't want to create drama or anything, but the Hive is not what it used to be, that's for sure, and most members can probably agree to that. I cross my thumbs in hope that Wolverabid will one day return with our lost honor at his sides. But until then, my answer for the quoted question is simply... I really don't know anymore, i'm sorry.

I wouldn't call those stupid standards at all. If I wanted a great quality resource and didn't want to look through lots of trash, I'd go to wc3c. Then if I couldn't find what I wanted, I'd look in the hive.

But you can learn only at hiveworkshop, at wc3c you NEED to be master on your sector.

But you can learn only at hiveworkshop, at wc3c you NEED to be master on your sector.

No, by getting their shit rejected at wc3c, people tend to improve, while that doesn't happen at THW, where all you get is "omg 555/5 ubar kool ^^". Besides, I got 5 of my resorces approved at wc3c, and 50+ here. It's only my top works there.

Level 14
We'll see how much longer we will be necessary for. Wc3 mapping wont last forever. This is why I hope the transition to Sc2 will be smooth, so that we stay relevant.

If anything the forums will stay alive because of the people, like yourself, who visit everyday and don't even talk about things that are warcraft III related.

If the transition isn't "smooth" then the forums are going to keep the site alive long enough for the transition to work.

Level 14
Anachron said:
I learned at WC3C and resent that you claim it to be impossible for anyone to do so. You only need to want to get better and need the capacity to learn. If you're willing to take harsh criticism properly, you will grow and become better at an alarming rate. Go look at my progress if you don't believe it. I know for a fact I wouldn't be where I am today if I had started at the Hive instead.

I learned at WC3C and resent that you claim it to be impossible for anyone to do so. You only need to want to get better and need the capacity to learn. If you're willing to take harsh criticism properly, you will grow and become better at an alarming rate. Go look at my progress if you don't believe it. I know for a fact I wouldn't be where I am today if I had started at the Hive instead.

I beleave you but also look at my user title :p The progress of learning is much easier here.. we are more noobfriendly.. you have to agree with that.

Level 34
I agree with brad and rising, And it's not a bad thing. I for one do (or did) spend time at wc3c, but I don't really post a whole lot of work since I don't want to push myself. I'm comfortable being mediocre.

Wc3campaigns. Plain out sucks, like in general, there web pages are jsut terrible and they are boring. The Hive is a much better website in general, the hive also has like 3 times more models and icons then wc3campaigns. I don't understand why the hive needs to be worried about them? Besides hive is the first modding site that shows up in a google search. So its the first one people will most likely go to.

Quantity does not equal quality. Ever. Wc3C is quality, the Hive is quantity. They're fundamentally different, so comparing them is extremely pointless.

He got the point which makes this forum closeable.

Anyway as the last point, hiveworkshop has (imho) more community help attendance as the Wc3C.

Level 21
If anything the forums will stay alive because of the people, like yourself, who visit everyday and don't even talk about things that are warcraft III related.

IMO this is exactly why I feel like the hive is dying. I'm not saying it is, but I feel it is because the people that used to keep this site alive visit this site every day and don't talk about warcraft 3 anymore.

Level 15
I dont plan to be rude any day but I support the harsh-critiques anyway coz:

Harsh critique requires a person being either awsm at wat they do or are insanely brave (i am neither).

Besides, most users/THWbosses posting harsh critiques are not having fun, harsh-critiquing is not a hobby you know ;-), its stressful, (just look at how much wrinkles directors have on their foreheads due to rehearsals!!) Elites become angry at someone's laziness coz doing our assignments results acceptable resources. a THW (cliche?) that I believe in.

Sum: Harsh is reality check to eliminate somting rong, Nice is encouragement to start somting right... we resource-uploaders are alive coz of those Harsh-ies and Nice-ies that took their time to not ignore us!

THW stands for? well.. "Balance Array of Opinions and Giving a Damn(?)!":infl_thumbs_up:
(dont kill me:razz: I'm a philosopher= useless and unscientific but thought provoking!:smile:)

Level 14
Shadelord said:
Wc3campaigns. Plain out sucks, like in general, there web pages are jsut terrible and they are boring. The Hive is a much better website in general, the hive also has like 3 times more models and icons then wc3campaigns.
Man... So many of you guys are way too belligerent for your own good. People used to tell me that WC3C users were elitist, but since being at the Hive for awhile I find the opposite to be far more the reality. The site does not "plain out suck," that is just an angry opinion of yours that is very offensive to someone like myself that cares deeply for the website you're insulting. Please, have some dignity.

Level 6
Man... So many of you guys are way too belligerent for your own good. People used to tell me that WC3C users were elitist, but since being at the Hive for awhile I find the opposite to be far more the reality. The site does not "plain out suck," that is just an angry opinion of yours that is very offensive to someone like myself that cares deeply for the website you're insulting. Please, have some dignity.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm not going to go into more detail because even if I say something positive someone is going to flame to to hell and back for it.

Level 13
Dreadnought[dA];900235 said:
I like harsh criticism, but only if it's backed by competitive or "elitist" details.

Agreed, ill just ignore other stuff. I quess the reason Im still vising hive is the contests. Even tought I think judging/quality in some competitions are bad, Its still pretty fun to compete in making spells and stuff.

I dont like wc3campaigns for some reason even tought it has high quality stuff (I make triggers/systems myself anyway). On the other hand I like some things in helpers.net, but dunno how active people are in there.

Level 34
Hey Dusk, is the Hive brought up this much at wc3c? Seems to me like people feel threatened by wc3c or something; just stop talking about it already and let's get back on topic or close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.