• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrage And Phoenix Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just found out that giving a Bronze Dragon the Barrage ability doesn't make it cough forked lightning when it attacks. (It still hits just one target)
And I also can't make the "Battleships thing"* happen by giving a unit the phoenix fire ability.
How do these things work?
And now that we're at it, how do I make bouncing projectiles?

*With the "Battleships thing" I mean, that projectiles auto-launch from a unit, just in case you didn't get it the first time i said it.

Last edited:
Level 4
barrage is an ability, not a attack type, try editing the barrage ability how you like and giving that to your unit.

Level 11
Good tutorial on barrage-based stuff:

World-Editor Tutorials Site

As for the phoenix fire thing...it should work. Are you basing your ability off the 'Apxf' ability? Make sure your targets allowed, AOE and everything are correct. (Side note here that may or may not apply: the phoenix fire ability ignores any dependencies, so it will actually always be active, even if you set a dependency that is not met in-game)

To make bouncing attacks (I'm assuming you mean like with Huntresses), go to Unit editor, change weapon type to Missile (Bounce), edit the Maximum Number of Targets field to the number of units you want to hit (this is total number including the primary target, so setting it to 1 would make it behave as if there were no bounce), and edit the Damage Loss Factor to w/e you want the loss in damage to be every bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.