• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I can't use JASS at all, then I basically don't know if what I'm asking is possible.

Wouldn't it be nice if using JASS we make a TFT melee map which works in ROC? I mean, is it possible to make a working TFT melee map using JASS and the world editor of ROC?
If so, we should, for those poor guys who can't afford the expansion.

It would be nice even if we succeed in making a rough version of the expansion...

Level 12
We should just make awesome maps for em.......
And make our own RTS using C++ and Assembly.....

Thats what we should focus on....

But then again...
Doing this might be a step forward......

Level 11
Importing Unit Model Using Reign of Chaos

First read the thread... it's posted very long ago when I was a complete noob (notice my signature). You know that there's noticed the WinMPQ browser (download it from Tools section). So you'll need to create your TFT map, or take already existing one, and then create an empty RoC map (you can create TXT file and change its name extension to .. erhm.. pff.. w3m (I got it!)). Then you open any TFT map with WinMPQ and drag all files from there into your RoC map. The only problem is that you can't use TFT models in Reign of Chaos, but it's very easy to solve: you open the War3.mpq with WinMPQ and find the model name you need, then you drag that model, import into your TFT map before you enchant the RoC map, then set the some unit's model to that imported file. GL

And no tricks with the outminding JASS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.