• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroMoonPriestess

By: Garfield
Type: Hero Unit

This model is only authorised for download on www.wc3sear.ch and WC3Campaigns.com. If you wish to upload this to your site you must contact me first (via WC3campaigns.com) and ask permission.

Description: A recreated version of the Priestess of the Moon riding an Owl that was in the pre-beta version of Warcraft 3. There are two versions: with and without heroglow. This is not the original model from Blizzard. Hopefully they will one day release all the models that never made it to the final version.

Legal: This model was created from two models by Blizzard Entertainment, modified by Garfield. Please feel free to use this model in your maps but you MUST give me full credit. If you make any changes to the model you release the new model to either WC3Campaigns.com or wc3sear.ch and give me credit as co-author.

Portrait: The portrait is included in the model.

You can throw away the priestessofthemoon.blp file. It is a dummy that was needed to upload the model since the priestess of the moon skin path isn't recognized.

Keywords:
moon, priestess, owl, rider, tyrande,
Contents

HeroMoonPriestess (Model)

HeroMoonPriestess (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 26th of September, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (9) Excellent! Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 26th of September, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (9) Excellent!

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Level 8
An updated version of the Priestess of the Moon (PotM) riding an Owl. I changed the timing on the Walk (uhh, flying) animation sequence. It should look a bit better now.

This is not the original pre-beta model from Blizzard. I recreated the pre-beta model using PotM model and the snowowl_portrait model.

Blizzard was kind enough to leave the button in the game. The path for that is:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroMoonPriestess.blp

Images of the original pre-beta model can be found here: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~seleniat/war3res/

Hopefully blizzard will one day release all the pre-beta models that didn't make it into the final version.

The download should contain two versions: with and without hero-glow. The portraits are included in the model itself. You can delete the priestessofthemoon.blp file in the download. It is just a blank dummy texture that was needed to upload the model.

Level 23
The Illusionest has a portrait. Rommel just hasn't given it to you guys =P

Which is totally stupid.

"Hey, here's my kickass model! It's sort of my tablescraps, so you wc3sear.ch guys can have it."

"Oh, and btw, I'm making it impossible for you to use by not including a portrait, because you all would do sucky shit with the model anyway."

He might not've said that, but half-done work like that does give that impression/feeling.

Level 11
I just want the complete model so I can replace the Sorceress model.(I would prefer a non-slutty elf for my campaign)

But I want my campaign to actually be good, so potraitless models aren't going to be used.

Level 2
Nice Idea!

but maybe you should have used another
model than an owl... kinda big :p
but a very nice idea, i maybe would have used it. but its 471 KB!.. thats what the
crystal dragon is using (`Created by General Frank) i give it 5/10

Level 2
Good job,
Your HeroMoonPriestess, an eagle riders are in my top 10 favorite models. Any chance you could do a flying HeroFelThrall on the back of a Red Dragon. Or a HeroUndeadNight on the back of Sapphiron living or undead. I got on this flying mounted heroe's kick an I would like to have at least 1 for each race. Might be a great idea for you to creat those requests an make a flying mounted heroes model pack. TY for you time.

Level 4
I like it, but death and dissipate animations look awful on game, making it a bit unusable, unless you are doing cinematics.

Level 3
I always used this model for DotA coz it really looks amazing
well i just wanted to ask u if it matters to you if some1 is copying your idea ?
coz the same idea has been implemented without wings for Mirana ( NightSilver set in dota2 )
i think u deserve credits for it for sure..
well its just my opinion ..