• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skinning Tutorial - Making a basic face

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got up off my ass and decided to help some people out. here's a tutorial of how to make a face using a druid of the claw. make sure you frequently test your face on the skin, becuse i just realised that this one doesnt wrap too well.

step1: cover the face with a basic skin tone, keep some lines which could help you with the placement of the features.
DocFace.jpg

step2: make burn marks which set up the main features of the face
DocFace2.jpg

step3: continue burning, making shadows and deeper expressed features
DocFace3.jpg

step4: use the smudge tool to smoothen out the shading
DocFace4.jpg

step5: darken features and continue smudging as needed
DocFace5.jpg

step6: recolor the face back to it's original color to get rid of redness in shadows
DocFace6.jpg

step7: dodge numerous parts of face for hilights. parts that should be dodged are bottom of chin, cheekbone, nose, and eyebrow and forehead skin.
DocFace7.jpg

step8: smudge and smoothen out
DocFace8.jpg

step9: use burn and insert smaller details and wrinkles
DocFace9.jpg

step10: smudge and smoothen
DocFace10.jpg

step11: insert red circle for iris and burn a pupil and shadow
DocFace11.jpg

step12: dodge a reflection, smudge isnt needed too much here
DocFace12.jpg

step13: recolor face with several tones
DocFace13.jpg

now youre done, remember to check for good wrapping since i made that mistake here. i just hope this can help the quality of skins submitted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.