• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearthstone Tournament #4 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Ah, didn't see that one. :D Anyhow I've sent friend requests to everyone now you might want to do the same. Also if anyone's up for talking through Skype while we play just add lowe257.

Level 24
Here's my second match.

3-0 to me vs IcemanBo

Game
RazoshIcemanBoWinner

WarlockPaladinRazosh

WarlockWarlockRazosh

WarlockHunterRazosh

Level 24
I won 3 - 0

Game
ProxyRazoshWinner

WarlockPriestRazosh

PriestPriestRazosh

DruidPriestRazosh

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I won 3 - 1 vs Ainsmeier

Game
sentrywizAinsmeierWinner

HunterWarlockme

HunterWarriorAinsmeier

PaladinWarriorme

PaladinMageme

Level 24
So I won against Proxy and IcemanBo, lost against Chaosy, sentrywiz and ainsmeier. I had a total of 8 wins and 9 losses.

Level 24
I swear the results are so illogical.

Proxy wins 3 - 0 against sentry
I win against sentry 3-2
I win 3-0 against proxy

Sentry lost to Ansmeier
I get crushed by Ansmeier
And then sentry wins against ansmeier

It makes no sense at all on more than one occasion xD

It's almost like luck had a part to play in it. :D Although I'm glad to have had fun with all my friends from hive and Ansmeier. :)

Level 24
Wops! I made a slight naming error.

Yep, noticed and thought that was what it was.

To be fair I won like 3 games through top decking.

Yeah that f-ing first game my warlock vs your druid where you won by top-decking two savage roars in a row. :D The worst thing was you had 5 health the turn before and I had a Doomguard in my hand but only 4 mana to spend. :D

But that's how it is in a Hearthstone tournament to get an actual legit measurement of skill and quality decks we'd have to play best of 50 or something. This is more a gathering of friends rather than a legit tournament to prove superiority.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
To be fair I would have won if I top decked either "Force of Nature" or "Savage Roar" so there were 3 cards which would have given me the win. But indeed, it was a lucky game.
Still, I'd say it's the weakest of the decks.

My paladin deck were quite successful. It won two games against everyone but Ainsmeier where it got crushed.
I would post decklist to brag but that would be a downside since I still have one match the Iceman tomorrow.

Level 24
My paladin deck were quite successful. It won two games against everyone but Ainsmeier where it got crushed.
I would post decklist to brag but that would be a downside since I still have one match the Iceman tomorrow.

Yep, I asked you whether your paladin was a meta-deck, it seemed that way since it was really good. Also when people make their own decks they rarely throw Bloodmage Thalnos into their decks.

PROXY said:
Really glad that I could participate, was a fun experience guys! :D Really nice to see some interesting decks. I was quite in a hurry so I chose standard ones with a few simple additions.

Thanks, it was fun to play against you too. I bet my decks were something special, I've found my priest deck to be really strong as it has taken me to rank 6 in the October season.

I did not see that many decks that I would consider innovative.

Though Razosh's mage deck was something I never wrapped my head around. I had no idea what type of deck I was playing against. I am not sure if that's good or bad xD

Well it is an extreme budget deck with some legendary I managed to top deck, the lucky son of a f-ck that I am. The only deck I have that is older is my penniless paladin though I did not forge that one my self.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

PROXY's druid bludgeoned me 3 : 0. It was like omg, so I thought damn well I hope I fare better with the others. Then Chaosy and I had a close match, but he did take it away with 3 : 2. And from that point I was rolling stones xD

I guess I just needed to warm up :D

Also some things I noticed:
- Proxy's druid runs 2 druid of the flame (never seen a druid run those before)
- Chaosy, Ansi and Razosh had some interesting deck kinks
- @Chaosy, I was also confused by Razosh's mage deck. I thought it was mech, then later thought it was freeze.

@Chaosy, link I played a hunter not a warlock

Level 24
- @Chaosy, I was also confused by Razosh's mage deck. I thought it was mech, then later thought it was freeze.

I can guarantee you it was not a freeze deck it was a budget deck I made long ago, here's the decklist.

2x Argent Squire
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Frostbolt
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Amani Berserker
2x Sunfury Protector
1x Acolyte of Pain
2x Earthern Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Water Elemental
1x Argent Commander
2x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Flamestrike

0 - 3 to Ansmeier vs IcemanBo

Game
IcemanBoAnsmeierWinner

WarlockWarlockIcemanBo

WarlockMageIcemanBo

WarlockWarriorIcemanBo

Btw guys, what was the result in Razosh vs sentrywiz?

The start of tournament was a bit.. jolty, but I had fun to play against you guys!
We definitly should do this again some later

When I have the last result I will post a table about results. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.