• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #3 - Peaceful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good guys!

WIP #3 here, might be my last one.
Gonna have to cut down on a few parts and features which I had planned, or I definitely won't have anything to present.
edit: Also I think I'm about to throw up. This is way too much mapping in a row, lol.

Attachments

• wip3.PNG
    wip3.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 133
Looking good guys!

WIP #3 here, might be my last one.
Gonna have to cut down on a few parts and features which I had planned, or I definitely won't have anything to present.
edit: Also I think I'm about to throw up. This is way too much mapping in a row, lol.

It looks ugly with that massive cattail spam near the river. You should work on it more :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Keep it up! Take a break, get a hot drink and continue! Please don't give up!

Good luck you all!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Here you go, final entry..

Weekend Mapping Madness #3
True Love
by Shar Dundred

"True love always finds a way..."

After losing most of his powers because of the Golden Guard that has now taken control of the Imperial Army, Gardon left the frontline and ran for the mountains. Princess Felicia, the daughter of King Dorten, has decided to follow him. The two have been a couple since they were teenagers, she supported him and helped him to overcome his cruel thoughts.
Felicia enters the mountains, searching for her love...

171388-albums8381-picture100930.jpg

171388-albums8381-picture100931.jpg

Attachments

• Contest1.w3x
    114.6 KB · Views: 143
@A Void: This reminds me of a campaign screen model used in B2M pack and Also The Last Guardian. I believe the texture are the same right?

Good luck all!
Also, mine has Some Improvements but still, I must Work on my Game Cache, Sleep Camera, Food system, and Shop, +Jungle and Farm and Island systems.

Else, it is Finished.

It is from Born²Modificate's Campaign model. The ground and walls are separate however.

Thank you. Good luck to you too.

Level 25
It's just simple decency to label your map correctly so that judges will have an easier time doing their work.

Having a folder full of maps called "Contest", "ContestEntry2", "MyContestEntry", "MappingContest23423" is not helpful, and it's what tends to happen when people don't give a s*** about proper naming.

It costs you nothing to make this change. Save as, change name, reupload.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It's just simple decency to label your map correctly so that judges will have an easier time doing their work.

Having a folder full of maps called "Contest", "ContestEntry2", "MyContestEntry", "MappingContest23423" is not helpful, and it's what tends to happen when people don't give a s*** about proper naming.

It costs you nothing to make this change. Save as, change name, reupload.

I'm terribly sorry. I must've missed the "Change your map name to whatever rulerofiron99 considers appropriate even though he could change the map name himself if it bothers him."-rule.
I'll edit it RIGHT NOW. :)

Level 11
Ok less than 24 Hours to go, here's a WIP... I was up till 2 AM working on this thing.

It's called LEMONCRAFT

attachment.php

Map Description:

"You learned about business in Preschool today! You were so excited about it that you asked your parents if you could start your very own!

Since you were so enthusiastic, your parents decided to buy you some lemons to get your started with your very own business... And when life hands you lemons? You should make Lemonade..."

Attachments

• WIP#1.PNG
    WIP#1.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 289
Here is my first. The map uses a procedural generation system using seeds, so you always get a new map while still having the option to play on a map you've tried before. I wanted to add a system that added roads, but right now it is bugging, if I have time I'll fix it. Also, no ingame units on the screenshot. The footman is just spawned via triggers at mapcenter to get precice map center, and won't be there in the final game. This was done because I needed to check if cordinates worked correctly ingame.

Players can choose mapsize, difficulty, game length ect. Ingame.

Attachments

• Wip1.png
    Wip1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
Ok less than 24 Hours to go, here's a WIP... I was up till 2 AM working on this thing.

It's called LEMONCRAFT

attachment.php

Map Description:

"You learned about business in Preschool today! You were so excited about it that you asked your parents if you could start your very own!

Since you were so enthusiastic, your parents decided to buy you some lemons to get your started with your very own business... And when life hands you lemons? You should make Lemonade..."

Don't we still have like, more than 30 hours? :p

Also God bless that idea and game description.

Level 7
Here is a preview:

Preview%20Weekend%20Mapping%20Madness_zpscxjlessb.png

In this game you shall help the special creatures of the forest who are entrusted to restore Ashenvale once a year. However time is running out and you must quickly make it before it is too late. Race against your friends too in this game as well.
(Hopefully I can complete it in time)

Level 10
WIP #2. I'm not going to win in the terrain department, but holy hell the logistics of my mining system. Oh, and if you made a pickaxe icon on THW then it's in my game.

7 hours to do so much more in game mechanics, ugh.

Attachments

• MineGame2.png
    MineGame2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
Level 17
Final Entry: World of Efcathar (I know the name Sux)

World
Of
Efcathar

By Arad MNK

WoE is an FP map, which you role-play and Survive as a Villager in a Small Island Town.
What makes this special is that The game is Controlled via Dialogs.

PS: The Name is weird bcz I had a Virus-ish Problem with it.
Yeah, the Map Name sux too.

PS 2: Has no Custom loading screen or Preview. Also, I don't remember whether I optimized This or not :D So don't risk.

EDIT: Fotgot to give credits! (So stupid I know)

• UTM
    67chrome

Description:
"You Start as a Villager back from your Travel, from the Castle. It has been 12 years since you left Efcathar to Explore a world. Now, Nobody can remember you easily."

At the First, a cinematic Runs which is Skippable. Then, a Dialog shows up, in which is your Main Dialog to do anything.

Some Buttons actually do something, And Some Just show the Terrain; such as "Go to the City Center" or "Visit the Dragon Tamer's Guild".

You may use Arrow Keys to look around and you may become too happy and Start Dancing!!!! (Move to remove this Effect)

Press ESC to Stop whatever you are doing and Show your Dialog Panel Or Exit the shop when in it.

About shop: Press Right/Left Arrow keys To switch between Mini-shops. Some of them Sell things (Hoe, Roasted Meat) and Some Buy Things. (Apple, Corn, Wheat). To Buy and Sell, use Up/Down Arrow Keys.

About Home: In the Home, you may Either Sleep or Eat things. Stats are Explained below.

Stats: There are only two stats in the map: Hunger and Energy. If you lose energy, you will lose speed. If you run out of it, you Fall asleep on the Ground!!! You lose some time too. And Hunger, if you starve, you may Die (Note that this Death contains no reference of Blood, Gore, and Violence).

Attachments

• World of Efcathar REAL FINAL.w3x
    4.6 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 8
I am so hyped for the entries.

World
Of
Efcathar

By Arad MNK

WoE is an FP map, which you role-play and Survive as a Villager in a Small Island Town.
What makes this special is that The game is Controlled via Dialogs.

PS: The Name is weird bcz I had a Virus-ish Problem with it.
Yeah, the Map Name sux too.

PS 2: Has no Custom loading screen or Preview. Also, I don't remember whether I optimized This or not :D So don't risk.

Can I give critisism?

Status
Not open for further replies.