• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
How the fuck is it possible that I wanted to play a map similar to that concept,
ask in chat if anyone knows it,
then Kino enters chat room, leaves again,
then edo494 gives that map in a link to me,
and then I am on my way to give that suggestion and find you just here suggesting the same?

Level 10
I would suggest 'Tides of Blood' it's one of the most old-school AoS Wc3 has. The thing is it was further developed in the last years and looks pretty nice and well made. Idk if any one knows it, but the latest version can be found on their site (www.tidesofblood.com).

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

EDIT:

I want to play with you guys, but its not justified to buy a wc3 account that I may never use again. That's why free alternatives are the best for me (Game ranger, Garena) etc. So if you guys change your mind and host it on some free platform available to everyone, let me know.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
EDIT:

I want to play with you guys, but its not justified to buy a wc3 account that I may never use again. That's why free alternatives are the best for me (Game ranger, Garena) etc. So if you guys change your mind and host it on some free platform available to everyone, let me know.

Err, you might want to take a look at our rules and be careful how much you mention that "free client"... We are operating on the assumption that you have a license to use WC3.

Level 26
To be fair, BattleNet for warcraft 3 is a ghost realm populated now by looping hosting bots and nothing else of much value.

The rules does not specify requirements or deny the use of second party programs to supplement the enjoyment of warcraft 3. Since Blizzard has publicly allowed the modding of its programs and even encouraged it, the usage of programs such as Garena, Hamachi, Game Ranger and so on would thus stimulate the need and life of the warcraft 3 modding scene. For example, had I not been able to use garena or game ranger, I would've probably stopped modding warcraft 3 two years ago.

If a user has legally bought his copy or not is not really any of our concern since we can't really verify the validity of anyones claim, be they good or bad. Thus, punishing anyone for speaking about it would be counter productive.

Instead of dismissing valid alternatives, embrace them instead. It's a much more healthy mindset. We can't change the way the wind blows, we can merely adjust our sails.

However, because of safer internet provider on my end, with decryption and other fancy features, the lan tools I once used no longer works. So for me, battlenet, as sad as it may be, is my only option left as of now.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I feel you. I just prefer to keep botnets off my system, and to have as little bloat on what I'm doing as possible. ^_^

To be fair, BattleNet for warcraft 3 is a ghost realm populated now by looping hosting bots and nothing else of much value.

The rules does not specify requirements or deny the use of second party programs to supplement the enjoyment of warcraft 3. Since Blizzard has publicly allowed the modding of its programs and even encouraged it, the usage of programs such as Garena, Hamachi, Game Ranger and so on would thus stimulate the need and life of the warcraft 3 modding scene. For example, had I not been able to use garena or game ranger, I would've probably stopped modding warcraft 3 two years ago.

If a user has legally bought his copy or not is not really any of our concern since we can't really verify the validity of anyones claim, be they good or bad. Thus, punishing anyone for speaking about it would be counter productive.

Instead of dismissing valid alternatives, embrace them instead. It's a much more healthy mindset. We can't change the way the wind blows, we can merely adjust our sails.

However, because of safer internet provider on my end, with decryption and other fancy features, the lan tools I once used no longer works. So for me, battlenet, as sad as it may be, is my only option left as of now.

Nobody's punishing anybody. I'm just suggesting Sentrywiz doesn't clarify this statement.

sentrywiz said:
I want to play with you guys, but its not justified to buy a wc3 account that I may never use again.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well said

Err, you might want to take a look at our rules and be careful how much you mention that "free client"... We are operating on the assumption that you have a license to use WC3.

Nowhere in the rules is it mentioned that I need to pay for a BNet account OR own a legitimate copy of WC3 in order to post here. The only "bare reference" is that I don't discuss piracy or drugs. As far as I know, I didn't encourage or force a "let's all torrent wc3 and play on lan!" because game ranger and garena aren't piracy software.

I will further "refrain" from telling people that I have a cracked wc3 client. Instead I will proceed to tell them a pitiful story that involves "my cat scratched my warcraft cd and I no longer can use my BNet account".

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Didn't they come up with a patch that made the CD unnecessary?

Also, where I am it's "only" $20 for the whole Battlechest (RoC, TFT, manual). Not necessarily "throw-away money", but for a game this good, a good deal; something to save up for. : )

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Didn't they come up with a patch that made the CD unnecessary?

Also, where I am it's "only" $20 for the whole Battlechest (RoC, TFT, manual). Not necessarily "throw-away money", but for a game this good, a good deal; something to save up for. : )

I agree and once I have money to throw on games, I will consider it before buying a game. But since I use Game Ranger to play mostly, idk if it will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.