• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inappropriate content

Should such images be allowed?

• Yes (no change)

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • No (should be removed)

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Only if users can block such images with built-in site functions.

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I disagree. Saying that pictures of gay people does not have any use, you are wrong, in my opinion.
Actually they do not have use.
We all do not like ads. Who likes them? Noone. But they are a must. Ralle would bankrupt if there are not those. They are helping him greatly to pay taxes for hiveworkshop so, they are a must. They have use. SO, having gay pictures is something (alongside with other kind of topics) is something which is not ,,a must" or hihly needed, therefore you will survive even without that, but you cannot survive without ad.

Imagine there are no pictures of ANY gay content on the Internet. What would probably happen ?
That is very complex question.
Personally I do not care about them, thus I would feel same without gay pictures on internet. If there are no gay pictures on internet, if there are 10 or 10000000000 gay pictures, it is same for me, I belong to type of people whose if do not like something or someone, we do not start troubles, instead, we just move/run away, change subject or go doing/watching what we want.
So said problem here is not gay pictures themselves, problem is that we are forced to watch them even if we do not want (on avatars/signatures) because of some personnel reasons (taste, moral, religion, mentality etc etc...) and cannot get rid of them. it is not that gay pictures should be disallowed (cause Ralle will not do that ever), its that option should be added for people whose do not like it should disable it for themselves.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes maybe so, although the original picture suggests more on the sexually suggestive side of things while the marries couple are celebrating their coming together.

The OP's pic suggests a more hit in the face gif showing to be more obvious while the latter suggests a little more of an Innocent act.
Yes, but it also has to do with the fact the couple is dressed and in a marriage, while the op's picture is (quite possibly) the midst of a sexual act. Given that it's Magtheridon, I'm quite positive the picture was meant as a stinging provocation. Now, just because homosexuality is accepted in some countries doesn't mean it's not a sensitive topic. It falls to the staff to either accept this or make it an agenda to get every member of the site to accept it as well by shoving off images like this in everyone's face.

Also, small detail, why is it in black and white? Interpretations?

DeathChef said:
Either way, yes they do have similar argument but I am not really one to judge if showing this as your avatar is the right way to go (I guess lol).
You are a user of this site and are exposed to its contents. You absolutely ARE one to judge it.

To be honest, I don't know what to call exactly 'aristocracy'. I miss words to express what I mean exactly, but 'aristocracy' is the most matching term. I also heard something like 'Ralle is the king', but this is not what I am referring to.
Basically, I mean there are especially old members that are like 'aristocrats', that means Hive is in some kind their playground and newbies are like dust in front of the castle.
You are right in that the staff tended to be lenient with some users — past tense. I'd be worried if it started happening again. I do confirm that «dust in front of the castle» is not far from how they treated other users.

Ardenian said:
I think it is against the rules to blaim users / 'harrassing' about them. But I noticed it several times, starting with no response to questions, no reaction to requests and getting further to kind of calling you noob and worthless, with other words. I am actually surprised that you haven't seen such a behaviour as it happens often.
I agree with you, new users, especially with low English skills, are a pain, but I don't agree with your 'cold response'. It is not polite to not answer, just ignoring them. It is not difficult to write or even CnP a short message explaining that you have projects on-going and no time for them.
I acknowledge the problematic and confirm that it does happen. I've seen quite a few users around here developing an elitist mentality. Unfortunately, not all their actions towards you are within the staff's jurisdiction to act upon — with infractions, warnings or negative reputation, that is. If someone's harassing you, that's one thing, but if someone just gets off behaving like a jerk around you, there's not much the staff can do. Actually, there is, but I'm afraid there were some decisions carried out by the people responsible for this website that drove off the few individuals who had the eloquence to talk elitists down on their conduct. (Yes, I'm referring to fellows like Hakeem.)

I like how you may have tried to boost the gain of people's agreement by posting a gay picture and not a straight one. The gender on these people does not matter in reality.

Also, how do you know that these two men don't live in a REAL country where gay marriage is permitted?

Sorry, let my anger come out there.
I believe the topic is mistitled (and misplaced, by the way, as MasterHaosis has mentioned). Or we've drifted off-topic. Either way, the legality isn't in question, I believe.

(...) most 12-year-olds are exposed to far more explicit content in other types of media.
Most? As in, not all? How many is «most»? Shouldn't it matter that those are not part of «most» are exposed to it here? Why not?

What if tomorrow someone asks to remove pictures of blacks or redheads to be removed because in their culture they are considered genetically inferior and are looked down.
I could remove the picture. I especially would if it had been posted FOR that person with said blacks and redheads pointing the middle finger.

the homophobic titan strikes again

no but srsly rui's got a point. i would very much be in disbelief if magtheridon actually supported gay rights and didn't use his avatar as a means of provocation. is it still okay to protect the 'freedom of expression' of individuals when said individuals are deliberately exploiting this freedom to take the piss out of others? (not a rhetorical question, and for the record i'm neither condemning nor condoning the avatar. just adding to the discussion)

Nope,nope,nope,nope... and never again,i start to thinking that i'm in a small group of normal people here on the site, please stop talking about this stuff... deep in your self you know the nature, so nature=neutral=normal accept the normal crazy life don't think about the other site,i mean OH MY GOD how can you do that,how can you talk about it,how can you think that is good,i can scream when i see this AAAAAAAAA!shame on you all,thats not good for kids,how can you do that to people ,HOW?HOW?i nobody disservs to see that post.if i were an admin i would lock it,delete it,and throw it in a vulcano!

Freely report me for this but that is vs. all things of moral special when you talk about kids i wan't cry if a got a ban for this what i say here but i was good enough to not use the hard words i have try to say it as much not homofobic...my bad sorry.NOW GIVE ME THE REST I DISSERV IT

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@THE Bora_Balboa: So homosexuality is an unnatural behaviour ? You basically call it abnormal.

You don't even try to give an argumentation, you just state your own opinion against homosexual humans.
nobody disservs to see that post
i was good enough to not use the hard words i have try to say it as much not homofobic
Don't even pretend to be NOT homophobic. Your whole post is full of statements against it, ridiculous that you still call yourself not homophobic.
EDIT: Or maybe I got it wrong due to the bad grammar

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Homophobia is a medical term for a disease that hasn't been proven to exist. Disagreeing is not the same as hate.

I would agree in case he just disagrees. But he neither follows the past discussion nor starts a new one related to the first post content, he just yells out something against the homosexual topic of the first post.
and I didn't start with the term 'homophobia'. I didn't know it is a medical term, in my native language it is sometimes used as an informal expression to state that you are against homosexuality in any meaning.

Level 21
I would agree in case he just disagrees. But he neither follows the past discussion nor starts a new one related to the first post content, he just yells out something against the homosexual topic of the first post.
and I didn't start with the term 'homophobia'. I didn't know it is a medical term, in my native language it is sometimes used as an informal expression to state that you are against homosexuality in any meaning.

It is true that his ability to communicate could improve.
Many movements try to discredit their opponents by using special terminology designed to make their opponents look like bad people. Many do not think about the exact meaning of a work, which is why it works.

Level 34
I agree with Rui. Also THE Bora_Balboa has point too!

@THE Bora_Balboa: So homosexuality is an unnatural behaviour ? You basically call it abnormal.
For me personally is.
Here are my personnel reasons in short note - When I finish university, I will become teacher. And as teacher I will need to explain (one day, thankfully not now) to kids in school, how it is normal that someone has two fathers or two mothers (while it is fact that those kids are products from men and women), which is completely and will be impossible. (according to fact that gays can adopt children somewhere and/or are seeking for right to adopt children in some countries). First thing remove homosexuality from mental sickness - done. Second thing - allowing gay marriage - done (in some countries). Third thing - adopting kids (not done yet, but it will one day). So those are my personnel reasons. And nobody needs to agree with me.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that homosexually is not problem for me as itself, but them as ,,forever victims" whose are abusing rights (their ,,taken away" rights). You give them finger, they want hand. You give them hand, they want arm and so on... (as explained already by one, second and third thing)

Level 35
On the debate of Homophobia, I'd like to share this link:

http://www.theotherteam.com/top-10-reasons-why-gay-marriage-is-wrong/

-

I left this thread open because I don't mind people discussing the subject, at all.
But you should all be aware that the staffs stand on the matter, as was made
perfectly clear during the former thread that was made around this subject, is that
we will not forbid pictures, or gifs, of people kissing of any sort.

We do not foster an environment for misinformed and fanatic people who think kissing
has a bad influence on children, further more, we do not foster an environment for
children. We foster a modding community for mature and creative people, people who
shouldn't necessarily be bothered by such tiny matters as this.

I still won't deny you the right to discuss it, though, I'm just here to tell you that
our stand won't change, unless the entire community rise against us, which it seems
by this thread isn't the case. Luckily.

Level 20
Meh...To be honest i don't like this type of discussion,because it makes you see people only in two big groups:Modern liberal people and the conservative people who stick to the old ideas and rules.

Even the content of this image is debatable...In my country if you are caught kissing in a public place you will be fined and if you get caught again within 3 months you go to jail for 3 days( does not matter if it is Boy&Girl,Boy&Boy,Girl&Girl) while on other countrys kissing is not treated as a sexual behavior henc you don't get fined or go to jail for it.

So it all comes to how does this site treats "Kissing images or Gifs" as sexual or asexuas behaviours.

Level 11
We do not foster an environment for misinformed and fanatic people who think kissing
has a bad influence on children, further more, we do not foster an environment for
children. We foster a modding community for mature and creative people, people who

The Crux of the matter, nicely wrapped up, for even an infant to comprehend.
I greatly appreciate the staff's response on the matter.

Level 15
I agree with Rui. Also THE Bora_Balboa has point too!

For me personally is.
Here are my personnel reasons in short note - When I finish university, I will become teacher. And as teacher I will need to explain (one day, thankfully not now) to kids in school, how it is normal that someone has two fathers or two mothers (while it is fact that those kids are products from men and women), which is completely and will be impossible. (according to fact that gays can adopt children somewhere and/or are seeking for right to adopt children in some countries). First thing remove homosexuality from mental sickness - done. Second thing - allowing gay marriage - done (in some countries). Third thing - adopting kids (not done yet, but it will one day). So those are my personnel reasons. And nobody needs to agree with me.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that homosexually is not problem for me as itself, but them as ,,forever victims" whose are abusing rights (their ,,taken away" rights). You give them finger, they want hand. You give them hand, they want arm and so on... (as explained already by one, second and third thing)
Here's my opinion. As much as you want to believe that it is natural, it's not. You need for most species a male and a female to keep the cogs spinning, it's a requirement from nature for a species to survive.
As for you being gay, that does not affect me personally. Do what you want. But you can't have natural kids! Also my big issue with the gay parades is that it's a circus. I mean come on, you put men and women in all the fetish gear (and some even naked) and then the parents bring their kids to watch these things. It doesn't look like a serious movement.
My other problem with LGBT is that it exploded into million genders and people looking for attention. Now there's pansexual, third gender and who knows what else. Come on! Now everyone's looking to get offended. And then the liberals go around saying gender is a social construct!
I considered myself liberal to a degree, but then I started backing away from it. And I still consider myself non-religious, which will be shock to other non-religious people that I hold these views. But I can't take it anymore.
As for the picture, I don't know. As much as it disgusts me, it still isn't sexual content. But they are doing it like they are about to... Yeah.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Here's my opinion. As much as you want to believe that it is natural, it's not. You need for most species a male and a female to keep the cogs spinning, it's a requirement from nature for a species to survive.
Yes it is a requirement of nature that species that undergo sexual reproduction do have opposite gender sex. However it is not a requirement that a species does not have same gender sex. One is required, the other does not mater.

In nature you have Seals mating with Penguins (well its more raping penguins...). The seals seem to have no problem reproducing and the main threat to their survival is still humanity. This is an example of animals having impractical sex with no noticeable detrimental problems to the species as a whole (except for the penguins...).

Nature is not an exact science. A lot of life does stupid things because it works rather than it being the most practical. Take your eyes as an example, the neurons run in front of the retina and so negatively affect your vision (blind spot, etc). They could (and do in some sea animals) run behind the retina surface resulting in improved vision and no blind spot. The reason most animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals) have them running in front is because of how we evolved. The reason it was allowed to propagate so far down evolution was that having some vision was still better than no vision even if that vision is not as good as it could be.

The same logic can be applied to sexual reproduction with opposite genders. As long as most of the species does it that is enough. It does not mater if a small fraction does not do it. If it is a genetic condition it is self-correcting for logical reasons. However if a specimen is bi-sexual then there is no problem since as long as he reproduces there is no negative survival influence to the species. As such same gender sex can be considered a "do not care" attribute genetically as far as survival goes as long as sufficient opposite gender sex occurs. The odd dead end genetically makes no difference to survival in the big picture as other successfully reproducing specimens will eventually full their ecological niche (when they are killed or die due to age).

However this only applies to the laws of nature. The laws of man are entirely different and can go as far as to defy nature entirely. Genetically there is nothing to stop same gender reproduction in the lab except political red tape.

Each sex cell (egg or sperm) normally contain half the required genetic material to create a new member of a species. In nature of sexual reproduction it is required that an egg from the female is fertilized by a sperm cell from a male to form a fertilized egg containing all the required genetic material. However if one can alter the genetic payload of either egg or sperm cell then one can defy this requirement. For example if an egg cell had its genetic payload replaced with that of a sperm cell you could get a fertilized egg containing material sourced from two male parents. Like wise if a sperm cell had its genetic payload altered to that of an egg you could get a fertilized egg from two female parents. If one can artificially create fertilized eggs from genetic payloads alone then the egg and sperm process could be skipped entirely. Further more, the resulting members of the species will be fertile so could still undergo opposite sex reproduction when adults like normal. As such they are members of the species with "un-natural" parents.

Who needs nature when you can defy it and do whatever you want?

the homophobic titan strikes again

no but srsly rui's got a point. i would very much be in disbelief if magtheridon actually supported gay rights and didn't use his avatar as a means of provocation. is it still okay to protect the 'freedom of expression' of individuals when said individuals are deliberately exploiting this freedom to take the piss out of others?

Good point.

If both of you and your brother or father or grandpa kissed, was that sexual? If so, then you are the homophobic here.

Bro, if any of my male relatives (like the ones you mentioned) kissed like those guys in Magtherion's avatar or in the pic of the thread I would be greatly worried :D

I still won't deny you the right to discuss it, though, I'm just here to tell you that
our stand won't change, unless the entire community rise against us, which it seems
by this thread isn't the case. Luckily.

1. Nobody said kissing has a necessarily bad influence on kids(specify age/define "kids"). However this is a gaming/game-modding site, not an erotic or dating site and I believe such images have no place here. Such images may have some bad influence on younger minds without proper guidance (not only gay couples kissing). Just hypothetically, if my kids saw this gif of two guys kissing and in some weird way it influenced them to try something like this, I would be immensely displeased and seek retribution.

2.I don't care what you sleep with ... you could be having fun with a half decayed pig corpse with stockings on it for all I care, but keep it to your self and don't force it on others with images of it. Or maybe I could post some pictures of me kissing a dead pig and later I can whine about how my sexual preferences and freedoms are being attacked when someone asks me to remove the image.

3. "We foster a modding community for mature and creative people" of course you do... joke of the year. I'm almost tempted to put this as my signature.

Damn ...you wrote a doctrine on this subject or what :D

I fear this topic is going a bit off-topic :xxd: even if it is in the off-topic section. From the belief that the image is inappropriate for this kind of site nearly all gay topic debates.

Level 35
1. Nobody said kissing has a necessarily bad influence on kids(specify age/define "kids").

Definition of kid: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kid?s=t

I'd say it's a human being between the age of 4-10, maybe even 12, but this is hardly
relevant to the discussion.

Also, you're presumption is incorrect:

Nope,nope,nope,nope... and never again,i start to thinking that i'm in a small group of normal people here on the site, please stop talking about this stuff... deep in your self you know the nature, so nature=neutral=normal accept the normal crazy life don't think about the other site,i mean OH MY GOD how can you do that,how can you talk about it,how can you think that is good,i can scream when i see this AAAAAAAAA!shame on you all,thats not good for kids,how can you do that to people ,HOW?HOW?i nobody disservs to see that post.if i were an admin i would lock it,delete it,and throw it in a vulcano!

2.I don't care what you sleep with ... you could be having fun with a half decayed pig corpse with stockings on it for all I care, but keep it to your self and don't force it on others with images of it.

I don't see how this is relevant to the subject either, we're talking about whether the
image you posted has sexual value or not. I've told you the staffs position in the
matter. It is not going to change. And you are at complete liberty to use the ad-blocking
trick if you are so absolutely abhorred by the image.

3. "We foster a modding community for mature and creative people" of course you do... joke of the year. I'm almost tempted to put this as my signature.

We do. I never spoke on the degree of success in the matter, and I will not speak on
it because it has no value in this thread. But yes, yes we appreciate our members
being mature, and we often discipline immature behaviour when it conflicts with our rules.

Level 24
... Sexual Content ....
I havent seen any on THW... wp mods!

if you want to have a discussion about Inappropriate Content for Children, you are taking it to a total different scene.

Sexual content only includes REAL sexual content.
This means that even a full picture of a nude person is not even sexual content because it is not sexual... so it is just content.
A sexual act on the other hand does include french kissing (which is indeed in the picture) but a sexual act includes many things that you think are just normal.

If I was really nitpicking and I actually wanted to say that in the first place... sexual content would be the content of the sexual action.
(This would mean the seeds in the "milk".)

But anyway,
"On the Internet, however, all of the content may be equally accessible;"
If children (and all other people as well) dont take care with what they click on, they will eventually get to see inappropriate content after all.
Not every port is equally accessible but the same type of content definately is easy to find.

About THW rules:
"No Pornographic, Sexual, Vulgar, Obscene or Gory Content"
Pornographic -> cant see
Sexual -> cant see (is actually included in pornographic)
Obscene -> cant see (even though it gets pretty close to the picture in the first post, it is not obscene content)
Gory -> cant see
Vulgar -> ... now I can whack the one who made this rule because this is an opinion...
I can be very polite in my eyes while you have never even heard someone swearing and you will find my words very vulgar...

Now the last thing:
What is appropriate for children?
First of all... people kissing... people kiss all the time.
Parents and their children kiss probably 2 times a day themselves.
Now if you are on the streets in the center of a city, you will find people kissing more tha you think. Do they first look around if there are kids nearby?
I think we can all agree that "regular" kissing is no offense.
Now... what makes the difference between a kiss by people of different gender and a kiss by people of the same gender?
It is the same that we have black peter with sinterklaas in the Netherlands.
When people see a white peter... they are just surprised because it is different.
When you see 2 people kissing while they shouldnt... in your opinion, then you are just surprised.
Some people might think it is disgusting but that is the same as some people eat slugs.

There are a thousand opinions about what is weird, stupid, disgusting or just different than usual but none are offensive enough to be a real offense or can be classified as Inappropriate Content.

So if you want to ask if it is sexual content, (which is the site rules)
I'd disagree.
If you ask if the content contains visual interpretation of an innocent sexual act,
I'd agree.
But to the question "Is this content appropriate for children?",
I disagree as the answer but if the one who posted it thinks it is, I would not be trying to make him remove it.

But I think it's considered a french kiss? If so it's sexual
Depends on in which country you are kissing.
In North America and West Europe, french kissing is not sexual but in most other places it is.

Okay, I will tell how the things went, directly and without any embelishment.

It started with Eurovision contest, where Austrian entry was aggressively publiciized and advertised before even the contest strated with the sole purpose to troll Russia as it was cool back then (and still is). Being homosexual was required, trasvesting only was not enough. Soon the debate on hive about Eurovision shifted toward homosexuality, mostly by Serbian people on hive as too few Russians understand english to actively participate on hive. As the debate about eurovision and gays intensified thanks to orthodox christian Serbs, local professional trolls like Wazzz and Magtheridon96 along with their followers like Solu9 decided took the opportunity and adopted a homosexual avatar just to troll these orthodox christians. Of course such trolling movements are short lived and in few months they already find another niche where to spread chaos. But aforementioned professionals soon became inactive, so they did not change anything on their profile, but their work is still very visible on hive and many, especially new members do not understand why such avatar which leaded to such situation. Those who want the change of avatar need to convince these troll members coming back so they can find some other situation to use their troll powers on. But surely not by creating such threads, as this is not a thread discussing eroticism and homosexuality, but the avatars.

Compare with duck mania years ago, initiated by another famous (but no more active) troll, frostwhisper.

Level 24
Soooo....

well... i think it is good to know the history of those avatars, but next to that...
it doesnt really change the situation. it however does change the question.
On the new question (should the picture be replaced?), yea i do agree.
as for solutions, there should always... ALWAYS be someone that has direct access to the database of a site. redirects to a picture (or even pictures themselves) are stored in the database.
the admin of THW should be able to access that data and change it

i do suggest to let someone make a troll gif (drawed picture with the same content but less intense because it is a drawing) and use that one instead.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Seeing how homosexual relationships are permitted in a lot of European countries it really is not appropriate that hive should block content that promotes it. It should still block sexual content however as we ruled above the image in question was never sexual in the first place.

Personally I question the sort of person who wants that as their avatar. Chances are they are trying to troll more than actually prove a point.

Level 34
What Mechanical Man said!
That is professionally well written and all said. Guy has point. He also spoken about that ,,duckmania" started by those members, and he was right. Actually he warned us few times about such provocations and trolling during past years and was right. So I will believe in that what he said. This probably has to do with some provocations

Personally I question the sort of person who wants that as their avatar. Chances are they are trying to troll more than actually prove a point.
Why would anyone chose that avatar? What is so interesting, funny, unique there? You see from obvious, this is what it achieved, to be talked about.
I am using this very avatar since I am registered and nobody started topic, but look what two gays can do. 6 pages so far!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Why would anyone chose that avatar? What is so interesting, funny, unique there? You see from obvious, this is what it achieved, to be talked about.
I am using this very avatar since I am registered and nobody started topic, but look what two gays can do. 6 pages so far!
Which is why I questioned the motives behind someone choosing such an image in the first place. There is nothing wrong about the image itself, however generally for a game support site it is not the sort of material people use as an Avatar. As such there is a good chance that the image was chosen specifically to try and prompt threads such as this, which falls into the domain of trolling, rather than because it was really wanted as an avatar.

That said I do still find it disgraceful that the image has caused such a fuss when some guy for years had an avatar of a guy shitting over a cliff. That was several thousand times more disgusting/obscene than the one this thread is about.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Meh...To be honest i don't like this type of discussion,because it makes you see people only in two big groups:Modern liberal people and the conservative people who stick to the old ideas and rules.
Well the problem is obviously not the type of discussion, it is the way you choose to discuss it. It is your choice to resort to labeling people. It certainly helps simplifying the view of things, but don't you think it's a little manichaean?

2.I don't care what you sleep with ... you could be having fun with a half decayed pig corpse with stockings on it for all I care, but keep it to your self and don't force it on others with images of it.
(...)
I don't see how this is relevant to the subject either, we're talking about whether the
image you posted has sexual value or not. (...)
Now, that's not only what we're talking about, is it? The question being posed is where the line is being drawn by the staff for this kind of pictures. You are torn between having to think matters through, write them down — risking redding an imperfect policy — and admitting you just don't want to discuss the issue (either because it's too complicated a subject or you want to avoid committing mistakes, we don't know). Which I understand — because, like I said in my previous post, this IS a sensitive topic. If societies are finding a way to cope with this, no one is expecting the staff of The Hive Workshop to come up with a brilliant, utopian policy. You have to make a decision. Being naturally prone to dilemmas, I acknowledge and sympathize with your position. That said, dismissing users as ignorants through an authoritarian post is hardly a way to solve the problem. It just makes it seem like there is no line other than to tell users off and assert you don't care about them and what they think of the website. Which is an odd stand for an administrator to take.

But anyway,
"On the Internet, however, all of the content may be equally accessible;"
If children (and all other people as well) dont take care with what they click on, they will eventually get to see inappropriate content after all.
Not every port is equally accessible but the same type of content definately is easy to find.
True. Our primary concern should, however, be how people who were NOT looking for such content may be exposed to it here and whether we want that to happen or not.

:aa:I rep Mechanical Man for explaining the situation.

Level 20
Well the problem is obviously not the type of discussion, it is the way you choose to discuss it. It is your choice to resort to labeling people. It certainly helps simplifying the view of things, but don't you think it's a little manichaean?

Thats the way how most of the people,who take part in this type of discussion lable the participant of the discussion.

I know it cuz i have been labled as a thick skulled belated moron beacuse i did not like the idea of two men having sexual intercourse.This is why i don't like this type of discussion because the "liberal" people will often use this type of nicknames on you.

Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
DD Mikasa said:
I know it cuz i have been labled as a thick skulled belated moron beacuse i did not like the idea of two men having sexual intercourse.
Understood. Nevertheless, see this: if they resorted to insults, they weren't really looking for a serious debate. They either couldn't bother presenting counterarguments against your views, in which case they're not worth the time, or they just hit the brick wall of “it's your opinion, I have mine” and couldn't accept yours, in which case they're as intolerant as the point of view they chose to criticize.

Either way, do you feel their insults have injured you? Then remember that feeling and take the lesson to heart: you shall never do this to anyone who disagrees with you on a debate. For in spite of your “conservative, intolerant” stand on the subject, you are tolerant and liberal enough to accept someone may think differently.

(Note that proving your view is the correct one is an entirely different discussion, but it is the next step — and so is admitting you are wrong, if such is the case)

Last edited:
Level 39
How is this sexual/innapropriate content? Do you see any genitalia involved?
What's with all the sensitivity? How on earth would anyone (even a child) in anyway be damaged by seeing two people kissing? No matter their gender. People are so damned sensitive these days.

I bet people wouldn't feel the same way if it was a straight couple kissing. Ugh, this kind of intolerance represents exactly what's wrong with society.

You might say that it doesn't have anything to do with their gender - hell you might even believe it yourself - but fact is you probably wouldn't make a big deal of of this if it was a straight couple or even two women.

I don't care where you're from, what religion/ideology you believe in or whether you find something unnatural/disgusting or not - who people choose to be with is not any of your business.
And this is the internet. If you think people here need to go out of their way to conform to your personal beliefs or sexual orientation - well you're in the wrong place mate.

I don't support censoring the internet in order to please a minority of intolerant conservatives.

Welcome to the modern world, we accept gay people. Live with it.

Level 34
Yes, that's because it seems a lot of people here come from a background of intolerance and hatred.
Yeah right. If someone says that he does not like something or agree with others, that automatically means that he came from dark and hatred background.

You will note that there are plenty of people here letting you know exactly how wrong they think your views are.
Exactly, Accent at [B],,they think"[/B] which means that we have right to think oppiste right? Tis is democratic society.

Which is why I questioned the motives behind someone choosing such an image in the first place. There is nothing wrong about the image itself, however generally for a game support site it is not the sort of material people use as an Avatar. As such there is a good chance that the image was chosen specifically to try and prompt threads such as this, which falls into the domain of trolling, rather than because it was really wanted as an avatar.
This is actually where you are right. I am also thinking same.

Thats the way how most of the people,who take part in this type of discussion lable the participant of the discussion.

I know it cuz i have been labled as a thick skulled belated moron beacuse i did not like the idea of two men having sexual intercourse.This is why i don't like this type of discussion because the "liberal" people will often use this type of nicknames on you.

because ,,liberal" people abuse democracy into this ,,everyone has right on his own opinion unless he thinks different than us" , then we came to be hateful, disrespectful etc etc... Those ,,liberal" people avoid fact that they have more problems with hatred there than we here. The fact that I see those advertisements ,,stop racism" on every football match proves fact that they have troubles with racism (otherwice they would not advertise it). They have jobs, standards, money, normal life...
We do not have those problems here, we do not have jobs, standard as they, so this is where from lot of criminal and immoral and hatred came from (which is lot common than in their countries),but not against gays or anything similar.

Ugh, this kind of intolerance represents exactly what's wrong with society.
What is wrong with society? We are reasons why are wars, diseases, destroyed nature etc etc..

I don't care where you're from, what religion/ideology you believe in or whether you find something unnatural/disgusting or not - who people choose to be with is not any of your business.
But then we are your business. You started with ,,I do not care", yet again you care to tell what about we should care and what about is our business or not.

And this is the internet. If you think people here need to go out of their way to conform to your personal beliefs or sexual orientation - well you're in the wrong place mate.
Then yet again you give yourself right to determine who is in wrong place or who is not (ignoring the fact that nobody here broke any rule, nobody insulted, etc etc..), and wish people outside of here because of your personnel beliefs towards us, because you disagree with us.

I don't support censoring the internet in order to please a minority of intolerant conservatives.
And you are perfect example of today's modern democratic man.
You are calling others whose you are not agreeing conservatives. But you can since this is internet, and you are one of people whose are good over internet on talking. Face someone in street and tell him that in face.

Welcome to the modern world,
Yeah, another abuse (previously was abuse of democracy, this time of definition what is modern) of therm.
What is definition of modern? Think same as me our you are out?
As stated before, in your modern world I see humanity destroy each other, wars everyone, diseases, unnatural destructive storms, Earth falling apart each passing way. We should be thankful until we still have air to breathe.

we accept gay people. Live with it.
I live. Personally, go accept them, go take one of those at home, marry him, have nice family, do whatever you desire. Who is stopping you? me?
Come on, how am I threat to you since I am at another side of world or continent? You do not have to listen me cause by your definition I am one of ,,intolerant conservatives". I cant stop you, even if I could, I would not.

But again, do it privately since it is private life, you do not need to throw at me your and your boyfriend's picture in avatar which I cannot block to avoid seeing it. Just answer me me what is wrong if people requested feature to block someone's avatar or signature? Why can you have to hide someones customization if you do not like it, but cannot have to hide signature or avatar?
I always tend to say ,,It is awesome if there are more gays around. As more gays, therefore more girls for rest of us" it is logical.

okay so let me get it straight (no pun intended) that i do think that censoring the image is the wrong way to go and ad-blocking that image on an individual basis is probably the best course... but you guys have got to be shitting me if you think there's nothing sexual about it.

it's two people french kissing the fuck out of each other, shirtless and almost definitely pantless. nobody kisses like that unless they're about to bone or are in the process of boning. you don't need to be ultra-conservative to see that

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
#I haven't followed the discussion for a while.

That picture can be so disturbing for majority of people since it's an unnatural behavior (gay), thus if you want to make this site as comfortable as possible you should get rid of those kind of contents. Maybe it's indeed not prohibited by the law, but remember, the law/rule is there to realize the most comfortable environment as possible for people. So I think the rule regarding to this matter needs to be revised once again.

However, I don't see why we are even discussing this now? I didn't see anyone posted any disturbing content lately. This could be a hot topic if this was posted a while back when some people blatantly used gay pic as their avatar, including one moderator iirc.

Kazeon

Level 33
That picture can be so disturbing for majority of people since it's an unnatural behavior (gay),
= can be possibly, not absolutely

Even tho I think it's disturbing that doesn't mean I will say "you are disgusting" when I meet a gay. And what the fuck is wrong if I feel the pic is disturbing?

And yes, I said it's unnatural because I have never seen male animal fucks another male. I'm sorry to say it without censor.

Level 34
How comfortable do you think gay people are when they see straight couples kiss? And how comfortable do they feel when people like you openly tell them: "Your behaviour is unnatural and disturbing"?
I do not care how they feel since straight couples existed long before them and are in reality in great numbers than them.
But where people openly said that? In reality or over internet?
If that is said in reality, I do not care about them at all, cause I haven't seen gay couple for years. There are some, but they are hiding perhaps.
But I have seen some gays, (I have been told and proven by one girl whose work with them) and I do not care. One of them I know from my neighborhood.
And I behave same like here in chat ,,Hai, how are you ,whats up...etc etc.." short conversation or just ,,Hai" and thats it.
When I feel uncomfortable with something, I just turn head in another side or leave.
I was sitting with girlfriend in park, many people were there, normal people, walking pets, children, then two idiots start fighting. That was really unnatural and disturbing. Then we just walk away. Police came soon.
My point is that whenever I feel uncomfortable by something unnatural or disturbing, I go away or turn head on another side not to watch this.
You see that I avoided gays here widely, because this is common for everything. So here is your answer, if those gays are feel uncomfortable, then they should just go away to different location and problem solved.
They cannot watch 80% of straight couples?OK, let them go to gay bar and do whatever they want. Somebody said to them that they are disgusting? Move away from that person. Problem solved.You are treating them as children or crying babies around whose cannot talk for themselves and always need protector. I treat them as people, as males, any other regular man. So same rules applies to everyone.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

So here is your answer, if those gays are feel uncomfortable, then they should just go away to different location and problem solved.
They cannot watch 80% of straight couples?OK, let them go to gay bar and do whatever they want. Somebody said to them that they are disgusting? Move away from that person. Problem solved.You are treating them as children or crying babies around whose cannot talk for themselves and always need protector. I treat them as people, as males, any other regular man. So same rules applies to everyone.
So, why then this discussion ? If you feel offended by a gay profile picture or avatar, just leave. Problem solved, no need to discuss.

Kazeon

Level 33
I do not care how they feel since straight couples existed long before them and are in reality in great numbers than them.
But where people openly said that? In reality or over internet?
If that is said in reality, I do not care about them at all, cause I haven't seen gay couple for years. There are some, but they are hiding perhaps.
But I have seen some gays, (I have been told and proven by one girl whose work with them) and I do not care. One of them I know from my neighborhood.
And I behave same like here in chat ,,Hai, how are you ,whats up...etc etc.." short conversation or just ,,Hai" and thats it.
When I feel uncomfortable with something, I just turn head in another side or leave.
I was sitting with girlfriend in park, many people were there, normal people, walking pets, children, then two idiots start fighting. That was really unnatural and disturbing. Then we just walk away. Police came soon.
My point is that whenever I feel uncomfortable by something unnatural or disturbing, I go away or turn head on another side not to watch this.
You see that I avoided gays here widely, because this is common for everything. So here is your answer, if those gays are feel uncomfortable, then they should just go away to different location and problem solved.

I'm likewise. I don't have problem with the whole gay thing. If one of my friend is gay I will still be friend with him. As I respects everybody as human equally. No exception for transvestites, everybody around me are always disgusted about their presence, I'm not, I still talk to them like a man, because they are basically a man, and they will understand me (this is slightly off topic). The point is, I can befriend with anybody, gays too. I will never say something like "Your behaviour is unnatural and disturbing". But if they (gays) are kissing erotically each other in front of me, I will of fucking course slap them right in the face.

I hope you get my point. And please, stop getting me negatively. I'm trying to give a fair suggestion for majority of this site that's all.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
That picture can be so disturbing for majority of people since it's an unnatural behavior (gay), thus if you want to make this site as comfortable as possible you should get rid of those kind of contents.
Unnatural? You clearly have no idea of nature...

As I mentioned before, it is not detrimental to have same gender sex, just not beneficial either. It is only detrimental to not have opposite gender sex (only sexually reproducing animals) and even then the environmental niches they leave eventually are filled after they are gone so it makes no difference to the success of a species as a whole. If an individual sacrifices his genetic success is entirely his choice to make. Many straight people have decided not to have kids to further their career so such a decision has nothing to do with sexual orientation at all and is a decision all living things can make if they choose.

Genetically it could be considered stupid however if you are selfish then who cares? Considering many humans would happily walk on the corpses of their killed brethren to further their own selfish agenda the odd person deciding to only have same gender sex is trivial and insignificant to the survival of the species. I can assure you they do not make the world a noticeably worse place.

And yes, I said it's unnatural because I have never seen male animal fucks another male. I'm sorry to say it without censor.
Oh you are so naïve... If you were to go and watch animals every day of your life instead of sitting at a computer complaining how unnatural it is then I am sure you will actually see it does happen in nature quite a bit.

Kazeon

Level 33
Unnatural? You clearly have no idea of nature...
That doesn't prove that homosexual is natural.

Oh you are so naïve... If you were to go and watch animals every day of your life instead of sitting at a computer complaining how unnatural it is then I am sure you will actually see it does happen in nature quite a bit.
Am I complaining? Am I sitting at a computer all day? You don't know me dude. Stop blindly judging me, can you mr know everything self-righteous guys please?

And how can you be so sure if it (homosexual) really happens in nature? Have you seen it by yourself? Proof?

Good, now everybody is attacking me. Keep going guys.

All I can say is, boys are supposed to be with girls. Male is supposed to be with female. Other than that is not normal, not natural, unnatural. Why are you so against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.