• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Thank you! xD

-------------------------

wait, but how do i open these models in model editor?

-------------------------

okay, i've figured it out, actually, i didn't really needed the viewer 0_0

Last edited:
Level 11
yes, that's exactly what i did xD, ty btw

there's just one problem, which is frustrating me -_-
i am using a laptop, and my mouse wheel is broken, so i can't zoom when i edit the model
i need to zoom in order to (properly) select the points of the model and rescale them
i've tried zooming with the touch pad but no result, and i've seen videos on utube where other users zoom (somehow, maybe it's not with mouse wheel idk)

some experienced modellers' suggestions?

Level 22
yes, that's exactly what i did xD, ty btw

there's just one problem, which is frustrating me -_-
i am using a laptop, and my mouse wheel is broken, so i can't zoom when i edit the model
i need to zoom in order to (properly) select the points of the model and rescale them
i've tried zooming with the touch pad but no result, and i've seen videos on utube where other users zoom (somehow, maybe it's not with mouse wheel idk)

some experienced modellers' suggestions?

I had this problem too because I'm using laptop. What I do is create a new Camera and Right click and select View Camera after editing the Camera's position indicated by 3 coordinates.

Level 11
how do you create a camera? sry, im a noob..

can you also create camera in here
hszYNeL.png
?

Level 22
okay, but i cant use this to zoom in and model the model... i can just zoom in and watch it -_-

Oh you mean in the Model Editor you can't zoom. I suggest using vertexmodify which has a better GUI when editing a model plus you can pan and zoom via a button. That software can only edit Mdl file so ooen your mdx in Magos and Save As Mdl. I can't remember where I got it but you can google it. The hive has one in the tools section but I don't know if it is working. Vertexmodify can also Clone, Extrude and Delete Nodes which is a restriction in Magos.

Status
Not open for further replies.