• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #12 - Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's not too surprising - the theme isn't the easiest to make entries for and there's perhaps much less to say about the theme generally; it's very open ended. All the dicussion pretty much happened before the contest started rather than during its running.
(Though I'm hoping that you and I aren't the only entrants by the end of this XD)

Afaik minimal amount of entries has to be 3 for a contest.

news to me, couldn't find anything in the rules stating it also thought we had a few contests in the past that small? fair enough I suppose though

Chaosy said:
Meh, wont join. Even though I wanted to. I am pretty outmatched :)
That's a damn shame

Someone really should put up these invisible rules. . .
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-mapping-contest-8-escape-243305/index20.html

Considering you guys have quite a variety of how many is required.
I see no problem with 1vs1, people usually work hard and its so rude to just throw away everyone's entries just because your missing one or two people's entries.

Just maybe ask people whenever they host contests to add in this invisible rule so it is no longer invisible because it is rather annoying.

Level 25
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/techtree-contest-9-poll-260105/index2.html

Only 3 entries.

So yes, contests with such small entries do happen.
However we extended it to get to 3 entries (tho it was confirmed at the time of extensions that the 3 entries would been presented and that only time was the factor, not the lack of contestants).

I was under the impression that was the case here also (has contestants, no time), since the first page shows 7 entrants.

That being said i *might* produce something during weekend, depends if i can get the world editor running by then and nothing comes up since i have some ideas.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Someone really should put up these invisible rules. . .

Just maybe ask people whenever they host contests to add in this invisible rule so it is no longer invisible because it is rather annoying.
Absolutely. Every applicable rule should be seen from the start of the Contest; this is something I have tried to do in Contests I have run.

Dat-C3 said:
I see no problem with 1vs1, people usually work hard and its so rude to just throw away everyone's entries just because your missing one or two people's entries.
The problem with a 1v1 is that it's basically just a "duel/challenge". Why even host a Contest with that result? '3' has been determined as the smallest number whereby a Contest can end with a 1st/2nd/3rd-place. Usually a Contest will continue (with extensions) until a minimum of 3 entries has been reached.

~~~

To respond to earlier comments... Meh. I have time (though I'm recently getting over being sick, no modding whatsoever), but I was not particularly interested in "Combo" as a Contest theme, & can't think of anything good to do (well, anything that wouldn't look horrible, lol), so don't expect an entry from me.

Level 25
I attached below the descriptions of skills i got figured out so far.
Since i am not gonna even try go for overkill effects like TC, will see to create a more unconventional combo than everyone else thinks it must go.

Exceptional training is a non levelable passive which serves as info about the hero states.

Skills still have synergy, they just require more thought and allow for a lot of skill chains.
Will probably get decked on points for too big tooltips but i can't figure out a better way of representation.

Dunno if i will have the time to complete my entry but hey, at least to give some hype or something.

Attachments

• zephyr_wip00.png
    zephyr_wip00.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 113
  • zephyr_wip01.png
    zephyr_wip01.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 76
  • zephyr_wip02.png
    zephyr_wip02.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 101
Level 7
About your dark mage, I didn't understand what that toggle ability did. Tank and almia did good as well.
The wisp got out of the stone prison when I cast equilibrium on it. :) Sometimes it looked like enemies were not taking damage. I was using puck btw.
About almia's. So we never get 3 souls? One we get 2 of them and attack, one is lost. The other one just keeps dropping on the ground after 1 hit but you can go and take it back.

You're supposed to be able to get the wisp out by that method so I'll say that went as planned (it was sort of a puzzle type thing) XD
Though not taking damage? from which ability? (equaliser for instance can do nothing to enemies if they all have the same hp, for others some enemies have reduced magic damage so the amount may just be small)

About your dark mage, I didn't understand what that toggle ability did.
If you read the description of the toggling ability... When active, it forces all souls to get used for Dusky Quantum instead of just one single soul. Maybe, this will be true for a couple more spells.
It works like Aghanim's Scepter for many DOTA's characters.

About your dark mage, I didn't understand what that toggle ability did. Tank and almia did good as well.
The wisp got out of the stone prison when I cast equilibrium on it. :) Sometimes it looked like enemies were not taking damage. I was using puck btw.
About almia's. So we never get 3 souls? One we get 2 of them and attack, one is lost. The other one just keeps dropping on the ground after 1 hit but you can go and take it back.

That is intended btw. But you can configure it anyways.

Level 9
Hey guys! I want IN!! I hope enrolling time isn't finished yet. I've been busting my tail for the past 5 days to get it ready in time. If the time for registering is finished I'm gonna cry :) My hero is almost ready for the contest and it has 6 spells. When should we upload it?
Please accept me in for the contest!!!

The Dark Mage - Final Entry

attachment.php

Story: Dark Mages is an offensive cult of necromancers which merged their knowledge together with the arcane masteries. This made them an unstoppable force in their way to the domination on their planet. When people expected it less, after loads of trainings, the cult made its move. And the move became deadly... After killing their first victims, they rose their souls, prisoned in dark essence. Each essence obeyed the Dark Mage's orders. This trick allowed them to defeat a large soldier group and murder the king of the biggest nation, placing their leader, Zerkh'Natul as the new ruler. The day when Zerkh'Natul became the king doomed the nations for eons... However, time passed and almost immortal Zerkh'Natul stopped satisfying the needs of the cult. Though the cult was afraid to battle him, one of the new cultist, the brave Dark Mage, stole some spells from his former brothers and left the cult for trainings, in hope to defeat Zerkh'Natul once and for all.

The Combo: Though Dark Mage has a few spells, he turns to be the being of great power who mastered the art of synergizing. His Dark Soul is able to rise souls from the corpses, handling their power and forcing them to move near the caster and also boosting caster's health and mana regeneration, making him able to tank the great amounts of damage and/or cast more spells. Darkness Flows multiplies the usefulness of Dusky Quantum by raising the amount of souls which are used when damaging the target. Bonus souls can be gathered with the passive ability called Deathwarp.

Credits:
  • BTNDarkTouch - VaLkYroN
  • BTNTotalDarkness - VaLkYroN
  • BTNDarkLink - VaLkYroN
  • BTNInfection1 - KelThusad
  • BTNInfection2 - KelThusad

may be updated before the deadline

Attachments

• Dark Mage.w3x
    139.5 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.