• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 13th of December (Saturday) 9.00pm CET (UTC+1)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Lordaeron, Eurobattle.net
You are invited to join the Mapmaking Challenge #6 that is scheduled to take place before the Funmap Evening. It is expected that people aim to try their results on this occasion.

Level 2
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 13th of December (Saturday) 9.00pm CET (UTC+1)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Lordaeron, Eurobattle.net
You are invited to join the Mapmaking Challenge #6 that is scheduled to take place before the Funmap Evening. It is expected that people aim to try their results on this occasion.

Hi, I'm totally new to this (been 4 years since I played).
So: how do I connect to the server to play with you guys? And I also don't remember my battle.net account, so can I play with a torrented version, or do I need a genuine install?
Really want to play again, hope someone can give me a link to the steps I should take or something, and how to actually join these games :)

Level 2
Accounts are not coupled to the installation, you can create new accounts anytime in the pre Battle.net menu (start game, >Battle.Net).

So I'll be able to play the custom game evenings mentioned here? On what server are these played on, the normal battle.net (cause I heard that one was down?)? I thought these would be played on one of those new server thingies.

Level 2
As written in the announcement. Northrend, Azeroth and Lordaeron are 3 realms of the regular Battle.Net. Eurobattle.net is custom. The bot hosts a game on each of them but redirects the players into the same one, so it does not matter from where you join.

Okay thanks! I'll see how it goes on 13 December. I just join a game in the custom game lobby then, should I join a game with a specific name, or are the maps that will be played discussed in the chat room? Trying to get a feel of how this is all done.

Level 2
and this is also a place to ask for maps to be added?
I've looked in the pastbin folder, and saw that some cool maps are missing:
Orcs & Elves, downloadable here: http://wc3.nibbits.com/maps/download/136954/
It's the latest version I found.

Line Tower Wars
Old one downloadable here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/95/
newer version, but don't know if it's better: http://wc3.nibbits.com/maps/project/64548/ultimate-line-tower-wars

It seems you already got all my other favorite maps on there, look forward to finally being able to play them!

Level 7
Soooo how exactly does this work? :D
Is anyone using Garena or do i need to set things up? I used to have a paid version back in the day but i lost pretty much everything with changing pcs and stuff and i don't really know how it works.

Side-note, if you lack maps to play and want something new, here is a map i used to work on with a friend for a long time - it still contained some bugs and wasn't finished, so i didn't really promote it, but it's definitely playable and i would love some feedback ^^
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/229881/
(basically a hero arena, you wander around the map, look for coin spawns and kill enemies, with different modes, victory conditions and endings :) )

Level 2
Soooo how exactly does this work? :D
Is anyone using Garena or do i need to set things up? I used to have a paid version back in the day but i lost pretty much everything with changing pcs and stuff and i don't really know how it works.

Side-note, if you lack maps to play and want something new, here is a map i used to work on with a friend for a long time - it still contained some bugs and wasn't finished, so i didn't really promote it, but it's definitely playable and i would love some feedback ^^
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/229881/
(basically a hero arena, you wander around the map, look for coin spawns and kill enemies, with different modes, victory conditions and endings :) )

It'll be my first time too :) I just installed eurobattle.net: http://eurobattle.net/content/
Make sure you have a non-cracked version of warcraft installed, before installing eurobattle. If you are a pirate, there is a torrent actually called "warcraft 3 (...) Wrking with eurobattle)". (don't know if I can post a link).
Then just install the patch and the eurobattle thing and you're done :)
Just make an account on the eurobattle.net website, and you'll be able to join games.
I had some problems with it, so I hope it works for you :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I'd like to join, but my warcraft is usb friendly without installation or bnet (basically hacked) so no bnet account. We do use Game Ranger when we do play warcraft. Let me know if there is some other option besides bnet or if you guys want to try Game Ranger.

I got a couple fun maps you can try (they are all in my signature but here is a list):

Blink Stomp Arena (guaranteed laughs)
Weapons Arena (I updated it few days ago)
Villager Wars

I'm also working a new fun map for up to 10 players but idk if I'll get it working until after tomorrow (I read that you play on January 16th)

Level 26
GameRanger most likely does not work. That's because its interface renders it exclusive, you cannot connect it to other services. So everyone would have to have GameRanger. BNet on the other hand is the default method available to everyone, unless their wc3 copy is not valid. Afaik Eurobattle.Net/w3arena do not require cd keys.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

GameRanger most likely does not work. That's because its interface renders it exclusive, you cannot connect it to other services. So everyone would have to have GameRanger. BNet on the other hand is the default method available to everyone, unless their wc3 copy is not valid. Afaik Eurobattle.Net/w3arena do not require cd keys.

Okay you guys don't have game ranger or want to get it. Will you play on Eurobattle.net or w3arena, because it seems easy to join. Let me know, because my wc3 isn't legit and I can't join on BNet.

Level 23
its not matter of having it, but why play on game ranger, and limit everyone to game ranger, when you can use inbuilt mechanics that were meant for this stuff(Battle.net) and also have your bot host your game on multiple servers as well as maybe eurobattle.net or such?

Level 25
its not matter of having it, but why play on game ranger, and limit everyone to game ranger, when you can use inbuilt mechanics that were meant for this stuff(Battle.net) and also have your bot host your game on multiple servers as well as maybe eurobattle.net or such?
Probably due to gameranger being an easier option when you want to create private rooms for friends, you can't do that in Bnet.

And because of this too:
sentrywiz: Let me know, because my wc3 isn't legit and I can't join on BNet.

Gameranger is easy. Download here: http://www.gameranger.com
Join gameroom, enter password. Done.

Level 10
WTF? Who am I that I get an 'private' invitation (that acctually every body can see xD) ??? But ok, guys I'm gonna try to attend this time, just be ready for some 'F%&§/*# WC3 B.net not wirking' posts :p

Level 10
well played sir, well played XD just noticed when I got on the page not logged in.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Nice one Ralle, it certainly got a lot more attention. Game set match ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.