• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'd participate if the hours of this thing goes on would align more with GMT+2.
So far, the time difference has placed the funmap evening at 03:00~ or 04:00~

I keep missing it because of that.

Because of that, there will be a countdown timer, like at the top of this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-news-101/funmap-event-4-a-255993/.

Edit2: Here are already map suggestions:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/terran-base-defence-v37-224459/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/banjoball-v1-17-a-218858/?prev=r=20&page=3

Last edited:
Level 13
I didn't understand this...
I don't really get how difficult this always is for some people.

From my point of view it is extremely simple.
It is an event where people meet and play funmaps.
This is the time we'll meet.
This is the place we'll go.

• In the channel you'll get the game name (gn for short). You will just copy this name and join it in Battlenet
  • Garena is dead

Level 26
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 18th of October (Saturday) 9pm CEST (UTC+2)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth
On October 26th, we return to standard time, which is UTC+1. So this funmap evening will be the last event of summer time in 2014.

I have written a script to extract information about the maps in the bot's maps folder and list them up. You can view this pastebin to see the current maps available. Of course you can continue to suggest any map you want to play but when the funmap evening was on, we sometimes could not decide what to play or I had to host the map in wc3 first only to discover that it has not enough slots or would take forever to download, etc. So this list may help.

Level 18
Of course you can continue to suggest any map you want to play,

WaterKnight, this is just to inform you that AtD 3.0.2 has been updated with 3.0.2c which you can download from my signature. If you guys are playing against an AI Death Knight then this update is a really crucial update to ensure more solid competition.

Level 13
Yeay, this time I'll be there again.
WaterKnight, this is just to inform you that AtD 3.0.2 has been updated with 3.0.2c which you can download from my signature. If you guys are playing against an AI Death Knight then this update is a really crucial update to ensure more solid competition.
This is just a friendly reminder, but if you don't attend at the evening, it is very unlikely that these maps will be played.
It's possible that they could be played but as I said the chance is low.

Level 18
This is just a friendly reminder, but if you don't attend at the evening, it is very unlikely that these maps will be played.

I completely understand. I would simply prefer that if there's any chance that my mod is played it would be via the latest version. I'm not making updates to my mod in 2014 so that people can play versions from 2010 :wink:. Have fun!

Level 4
announcement note

date of appointment: 18th of october (saturday) 9pm cest (utc+2)
meeting channel: #inwc.de-maps-fa (quakenet irc)
hosting bot accessibility: battle.net northrend, azeroth
on october 26th, we return to standard time, which is utc+1. So this funmap evening will be the last event of summer time in 2014.

I have written a script to extract information about the maps in the bot's maps folder and list them up. You can view this pastebin to see the current maps available. Of course you can continue to suggest any map you want to play but when the funmap evening was on, we sometimes could not decide what to play or i had to host the map in wc3 first only to discover that it has not enough slots or would take forever to download, etc. So this list may help.

i want to join!!!!

Level 26
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 15th of November (Saturday) 9.30pm CET (UTC+1)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, maybe via Makemehost too
Half an hour later than normally. Also pay attention that we bounced back to UTC+1 (just look at the timer and compare to your local time to identify the offset).

Level 11
Looking for my copies of wc3 now if not hopefully they can express ship for tomorrow :D it's been forever since i've played, and even when I did it was all dota.

Level 7
Great event for all those without battlenet... I lost my CD years ago (hey it's not my fault, it's like 10 years and I moved like 6 times), can't find an valid key for battlenet. I hope there's some alternative for people like me.

Level 26
Great event for all those without battlenet... I lost my CD years ago (hey it's not my fault, it's like 10 years and I moved like 6 times), can't find an valid key for battlenet. I hope there's some alternative for people like me.

Buying the game legally should provide you with valid keys. From retailers, online shops or the digital version from Blizzard directly. The prices vary though.

What we can also try is to have you connect via LAN (Tunngle, Hamachi). However, if this works, I have not tested it before, that feature is restricted to my bot or those bot hosts who are willing to join the LAN service.

I have recently looked into GameRanger. It works fine by itself (though a bit annoying) but the problem is we cannot force all the people to move there either. BNet is still the standard so we can maximally search what is possible in parallel.

Level 13
Seems like there will be a full house tonight.
There are still some hours left but if you know you want to play a specific map, please post a link of the map or the map itself in this thread. It makes preparing the bot easier and it is better than everyone has to download the map at once.
I just got the key from the site kenguin for $11. I'll be there tomorrow, b.net UnderKaoz.
You just have to be in this channel for the communication.

Level 26
It does not matter where it's hosted on as long as I am the one doing it. The bot creates an instance on multiple realms. Once you are in, you are redirected into the same game. If I come through Lordaeron or Northrend, I will still be the host. It does not affect my physical location, which is Europe.

Level 16
It does not matter where it's hosted on as long as I am the one doing it. The bot creates an instance on multiple realms. Once you are in, you are redirected into the same game. If I come through Lordaeron or Northrend, I will still be the host. It does not affect my physical location, which is Europe.
That is fine, maybe I misread it, but i thought you said the bot would not host for Lordaeron players... Since it will, I should be on

Status
Not open for further replies.