• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SoJ's Playable Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, you could start out and ask what the intended use for the space is, as far as the world is concerned. Is it a marketplace, a temple, a training area, etc.? Once you've defined the area, you can begin to add objects that are typically found in an area like that. In a marketplace, you'll probably find all sorts of tents, barrels, creates, etc. So there's a starting point for you.

Even if it adds nothing to the gameplay, it helps creates a better atmosphere, which can take a decent map and make it a great map, if done properly.

Level 28
Oh, so that is what you meant. The place is a Magical Kingdom and some of the magical techs on the previous screencaps I showed on page 3 will be put into place later. I'll be changing the lanterns with a floating lantern, I think I got a good design for it.

I won't be able to show any quick progress though since melee mapping contest will end soon and I just scrapped my previous entry and working on a new one.

Level 28
That castle is looking awesome so far. These lamps look great in magical settings. How about an addition of flowers (like the ones by Heptameron or kellym0 in the model section here) and more trees/tree variations to give the grass more life?

Thanks for the suggestions! I particularly like Heptameron's flowers since I've been trying to make a good flower bed but I can't make it too look good(they look out of place) so potted one's might do the trick. :)

Level 28
Welp, here are some new stuffs. Enjoy.

The third attempt of my second oldest project on War3:
The Legend of Van Eastmore

TLoVE - 1.jpgTLoVE - 2.jpgTLoVE - 3.jpg
TLoVE - 4.jpgTLoVE - 5.jpg

Supposed to be a collab project with Whitewolf8 but his laziness is just too high:
Barren Clash

Barren Clash - 1.jpgBarren Clash - 2.jpg
Barren Clash - 3.jpgBarren Clash - 4.jpg

Level 28
Dumping some more random shit from Vanny before I started creating more inner castle dungeon areas, I think I have some pretty neat ideas in mind.

Welp, nothing much on this since you can only do much from a slightly functioning mouse(scroll not working and left click will function when he wants to), heck, I'm even surprise that I actually made something.

Attachments

• Wip - 2.jpg
    Wip - 2.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Wip - 1.jpg
    Wip - 1.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 137
Level 28
Yeah, I'm pretty aware that I can only show much from the ingame camera but I'd seen some maps before that shows screenshots from the editor that looks really good but turned out otherwise in-game. I'll give it a shot and give snaps from the editor for each map that I posted just let me finish this another terrain that I'm working atm and when I do that I'll take the time to organize the OP to put up those terrain templates that I posted on the last page.

Thanks for commenting :)

EDIT:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/soj_aos_template_5-a-260222/

Last edited:
Level 36
Oh, well.

What I meant by it is that it's easier for us to give feedback when we see more of the
terrain, especially from appealing angles. If you're concerned about fooling potential
players of the maps, then you can reserve the "in-game" shots for when you upload
the maps to the Maps Section.

Level 28
Ahh I see. Well, the stuffs in the OT are almost finish products so I showed in-game screenshots and they usually doesn't require changes unless it is a major one so feedback there isn't really needed. When I post wips from the editor's perspective those are the one that usually requires feedback just like this one for example but when I post something with in-game camera that means that it is almost a solid work(or unless the custom lightning requires some feedback) and I doubt I'll do some any changes unless it is a major revamp of the area. ;)

Anyway, thanks for saying your thoughts. I'm still considering posting screenshots from the editor for those maps. Soonish™

Level 28
I like the trees since its new to me so I'll just remove the additive when the terrain is done. I just imported them straight from Toby's map and did not had the chance to edit those yet.

The one that awfully looks out of place to me now that I'm actually looking at the screenshot is the structure but it looks mighty fine in-game.

Thanks! I'll gladly accept the heart and stomp on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.