• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource Pack - Version 1.7

Level 2
Ahhh... thanks. :) I'll have to try that.

EDIT: I have found an issue with the cape though -- it shows up a little bit above the shoulders, and there's a bit of an alpha texture underneath the back which would make making cinematics pretty difficult to accomplish believably.

Level 2
Yeah sure! Just give me a moment, and I'll figure out how to go about this. :)

EDIT 1: Okay, I just loaded up the World Editor... and looking at the cape from a better angle, I think the height is fine, maybe just nudge it over to his right shoulder a bit more. I dunno. I'll try to get a screenshot of the alpha layer under the cape though. :)

EDIT 2: Okay, in-game screenshots are a no-go. But, never fear -- the issues are present in the World Editor as well as in-game, so I'll get you a WE screenshot. Also took a screenshot of the lineup issue with the cape -- it's definitely a bit too far to the left.

dkissue1.png

dkissue2.png

There we go. I hope these are sufficient help to you, bro. :)

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

About Mr.Goblin, He hasn't been online for like months. He's been inactive. You can just PM him or Email him.

Level 18
Oh my god i was totally looking for a bandit and just noticed you made an epic texture for it, thanks god guys, + rep for that!!!!!!!!!

pd: when you guys have time could you make an alternate knight model with the stormwind logo on the shield? plz T.T, that knight fits more to stormwind cuse the epicness.

Model creators that asked to remove their models are gay...

Try to avoid negative comments please.

I do agree though that author entitlement gets out of hand sometimes. Of course an author owns their work but the only way this community will thrive is if people continue to release resources. I've been collecting work for a decade now and I have numerous models that "are never to be shared again" because two people got in a tiff about something insignificant. My own project would not be as developed if I was relegated to vanilla content. I wonder sometimes what beautiful works sit on a drive never to be seen.

Deolrin has gone above and beyond in releasing this pack and I thank him for it.

Level 15
Try to avoid negative comments please.

I do agree though that author entitlement gets out of hand sometimes. Of course an author owns their work but the only way this community will thrive is if people continue to release resources. I've been collecting work for a decade now and I have numerous models that "are never to be shared again" because two people got in a tiff about something insignificant. My own project would not be as developed if I was relegated to vanilla content. I wonder sometimes what beautiful works sit on a drive never to be seen.

Deolrin has gone above and beyond in releasing this pack and I thank him for it.

I am sorry if I offended someone, but what is a point of removing models? I mean it's not like their e-pen*s is going to be bigger because only few of them have access to those models... I am so pissed that we don't have access to Tides of Blood models... they were so original and really great... Or like DonDustin removing his models for some unknown reason (at least to me), his models were epic and I need some of them... And there is many others like them, and I really don't know why are they doing this...

Level 13
Yeah it only harms the community to remove the stuff... on the other hand wc3 modding and especially altered melee is not that active anymore. Although there are still some really talented and motivated modders... there is noone playing their stuff.

Level 26
well the thing is, back in the days when the great purge happened, many artists also worked as mods on that site. Our only force and defence mechanism against higher ups was removing our content, that's why you can't find resources of us. But I for one never planned to harm the community in any way, so I uploaded all of my resources onto a dropbox account.

I hope this can explain the situation to some degree.

Edit: Noticed that the dropbox link got accidentally deleted in the past when I cleaned up my dropbox folder. Sorry for that

Last edited:
Level 15
well the thing is, back in the days when the great purge happened, many artists also worked as mods on that site. Our only force and defence mechanism against the authority was removing our content, that's why you can't find resources of us. But I for one never planned to harm the community in any way, so I uploaded all of my resources onto a dropbox account. https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8uzktmm821s47d/wc3%20%20ressources%20of%20DonDustin.rar

I hope this can explain the situation to some degree.

Thanks mate. I know that this is not right thread to ask, but what was that "purge" on this side that happened 2 years ago? I know that I asked Ralle about it, and he said they were punished for not treating the users well. Is that true?