• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #11 - My aura, Your aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:Do I have to document and optimize my supporting systems? If so, please let me know. If not, then I can't be marked off for not having it.
I would expect so, since creating those systems is effectively part of your entry - if the supporting systems are flawed, then anything being supported by them, is also flawed. Documentation may be less important to that effect though I'd imagine (they should however probably be posted along with your main spell code). If you're using a pre-existing support made by other people then it can't really be "your fault" for their issues and thus it would be illogical to be "marked off" for them, but since you made them yourself (specifically for your entry), you are responcible for them and their issues.

Otherwise, you could have a "perfect" spell based off an awful system and "get away" with it

Also, screenshots don't appear to be visible

Screenshots in a public album of mine on the hive. Well, then I feel sorry for anyone who made a system prior to this contest using it, because then they're held accountable for it when someone else with the same system isn't. Seems doubled edged. This is more a rules philosophy question. I will go over the other code and eliminate the leaks. I know I leak hashtable entries for how I index units, but that's because I don't use a unit index system, nor care (map example code, versus spell/system code).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Welp, here's mah WIP:

//EDIT// Sorry for the lame Paint-job (lol, 'paint job').

Attachments

• [Zephyr11] - WIP.jpg
    [Zephyr11] - WIP.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 135

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Kyrbi0 you are my hero! Best WIP ever :p
Lol, that's me. :p

Humorously, I'm actually having massive issues fixing it up... I'm using Mana Flare as a base, and it just doesn't work. The triggers can catch the issued order ID "manaflareon" and "manaflareoff"... And I can even do things to the Ordered Unit... Except what I need to do, which is Adding/Removing an Ability.

/mylife

Level 16
yesterday i decided to scrap my entry and start a new one, finished half of the spell before the day ended. today I continued working on it and got it to work as intended. tomorrow I'll post 2 wips, one is a screenshot i took after finishing half of the spell, the other Is the partially complete map(not yet cleaned of leaks and commented fully). I can't do it or tell you about it right now because in on my phone and it's really difficult to type.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Ma WIP.

It's rather wierd aura. Summons small twisted angels from nearby corpses up to a cap. "Pudges" fly around you freely dealing dmg to foes. After cap is reached, they can also eat corpses and after few such dinners, they will explode (because they are too far).

2mxlezn.jpg

4jxhc4.png

And below part of code which represent "angel" queue as idle-pudges storage.
JASS:
	private keyword PudgeAngel

struct AngelQueue extends array
        thistype last
        thistype first
        thistype next
        PudgeAngel angel

implement Alloc

static method create takes nothing returns thistype
            local thistype this = allocate()
            set first = 0
            set last = 0
            return this
        endmethod

method empty takes nothing returns boolean
            return first == 0
        endmethod

method push takes PudgeAngel a returns thistype
            local thistype node = allocate()
            set node.angel = a

if (first == 0) then
                set first = node
            else
                set last.next = node
            endif

set last = node
            set node.next = 0

return node
        endmethod

method pop takes nothing returns PudgeAngel
            local PudgeAngel a = first.angel

call first.deallocate()
            set first = first.next

if ( first == 0 ) then
                set last = 0
            endif

return a
        endmethod

method clear takes nothing returns nothing
            local thistype node = first

if (node == 0) then
                return
            endif

loop
                exitwhen node == 0
                call node.deallocate()
                set node = node.next
            endloop

set first = 0
            set last = 0
        endmethod

method destroy takes nothing returns nothing
            call clear()
            call deallocate()
        endmethod

endstruct

Entry:
After all those years, Rowan, might no longer seem as "wise" as he once used to. Paladin skills allowed him to resurect his allies in the past. Now, those resurected units feel a little bit differend... Be My Angel!

Note: I know that map is a bit too dark to present the effect of aura in clear fashion. I had no time to prepare better one, instead used test map from my old projects.
You can however, manipulate Angel's appearance. Enjoy.

ic23iv.png

bjaemw.png

20gco7n.png

Edit: Added credits which were missing in last map. Finished.

Attachments

• Zephyr #11 Bannar.w3x
    137.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
This is my final entry, good luck all and hope everyone had fun. :thumbs_up:

Looking forward to getting some feedback/reviews on this one.

Edit: I would of commented every trigger, but I didn't feel the need too after making everything easily and I mean easily configurable. The only thing you would require to need a reason to edit the main triggers would be to add more birds. Otherwise yeah I am entirely sure nothing else unless adding debuffs.

Attachments

• #11 Zephyr[Dat-C3]v3.w3x
    55.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Level 16
Here's my entry:

Malice
Every second, the lich drains a percent of the max life/mana of enemy units depending on the state of the aura.
Each drain instance increasing his energy pool by 1. Once the drained energy cannot be
contained anymore, it bursts from the lich's body, healing nearby allied units.

Drain damage - 0.8/0.9/1%
Drain radius - 600

Energy limit - 15 instances
Life heal amount - 100/150/200
Mana heal amount - 50/100/150
Blast radius - 250

WIP.pngWIP2.png

UgoUgo for the 2 aura models

If this post isn't on time, my last post will be my entry.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Kyrbi0 you quoted 4 questions without answering any.
Like a boss.
You'll notice the question mark that makes up the major theme of my post? Yeah, that's me also questioning. I quoted you four not to respond to you, but to agree with you in not knowing the true deadline.

I will try to finish this now (so I can go to bed before 2am), but if it gets too late I'll just have to hope I can do it tomorrow after work (6pm). All depends on the time-zone; let us know.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
DOUBLEPOST FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Here's my entry. W00t! It's now officially "too freakin' late for me to be awake". :<

Kyrbi0 said:
Thanks for checking out my entry! Normal cheat codes apply; please feel free to test out my ability on those hapless Humans.

[Death Rattle] is a powerful Trollish incantation that involves waving a fatal fetish in the air, which channels potent voodoo magicks. These magicks summon spirits who deal damage & slow enemies... But enemies are dealt *more* damage the *farther* away they are. While "channeling", the caster can move & attack, but extremely slowly, as it takes great concentration.

This spell provides great functionality & modularity; simply modify the appropriate ability fields or triggers to achieve the proper effect!

I generally try to stick to in-game stuff with these contests, but the "Voodoo Aura" was so perfect I just couldn't resist (and "Big Bad Voodoo" seemed too... red). Hopefully that's OK and doesn't disqualify me. :p

Super-regenerating Peasants are provided with pathing blockers for easy testing of damage-scaling-with-distance (aww yeah). Mess around & have fun! Thanks again.

Respectfully,

Kyrbi0

Attachments

• [Zephyr11] - v1.0 (Kyrbi0).w3x
    65.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Zephyr11 - My Pic.png
    Zephyr11 - My Pic.png
    675.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

rulerofiron99
: Entry: ok

Tank-Commander
: Entry : ok

CakeMaster

Zeatherann
: Entry : No screenshot

jondrean
: Entry : No entry?

AKA.GywGod133
: Entry : Why 2 attached files??

SallyAnna

Dat-C3
: Entry : No screenshot

GunSlinger21

Kyrbi0
: Entry : No WIP? No screenshot

And lol Bannar, nice. :xxd:

Last edited:
Oh, and Kyrbi0 does have a WiP.
Only I saw is this. And that's nothing.

@Dat-C3, ok, final entry should have a screenshot. That's why I have not seen it.

Pharaoh told me the deadline is bound to change.
Phararoh told me nothing about any deadline changes. I'm not in position to decide so there won't be any changes if not by Pharaoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.