• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie and Derivatives

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Zombie and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Zombie (Optmized) Info:

• Combined the Portrait with the model itself.
  • Added a neck.

• Uploaded.

• Resaved using Retera's model editor to avoid a bug.

Acolyte (Forsaken) Info:
  • Created an Acolyte for the Forsaken.

• Uploaded.

Archer (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the High Elf Archer Priest using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Mage (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Priest using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Peasant (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Peasant using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Spell Breaker (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Spell Breaker using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Swordsman (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Lieutenant using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Keywords:
Quel'thalas, Silvermoon

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Acolyte (Forsaken) (Model)

Archer (Wretched) (Model)

Mage (Blood Elf, Wretched) (Model)

Peasant (Blood Elf, Wretched) (Model)

Spell Breaker (Wretched) (Model)

Swordsman (Wretched) (Model)

Zombie (Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
3rd December 2010 General Frank: I think you should make the hair grey or white.
14:12, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: Work on lowering the filesize. 15:31, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: While still being too big, I decided to download the model to check how it looked like it did, how much of a role the custom texture played. This is just a...
10:03, 30th Jan 2014 Misha: again. it feels nice, but the portrait could use looking more like the unit. also that neck should be white one other thing tho.. this cape is clipping a lill with the shoulders. and also it could use different, TC-less...
09:54, 30th Jan 2014 Misha: lookin' pretty cool there.. although it would be cool if the portrait was matching what the unit wears. also that neck on both it should be white like the rest of the skin.. tweak-able? Oo nice one, Approved
15:01, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: Would've probably looked better if the armor would've been tattered, ruined, with holes.. Maybe a arrow sticking out here and there, but it's still approvable in its current stage. With some more changes, I will prob. up...
18:23, 3rd Feb 2014 Deolrin: I'm afraid that it looks too much like the original archer but with a different face. I think it requires more changes. All of your other Wretched models are awesome and of higher quality, so I think this one should fit...
Misha 18th Feb 2014 Moderator's Review: the sides of the hair aren't that connected to the upper part of the hair, try arranging that a lill better, also fix her shoulders, so they don't clip with the dress, and to move along somewhat...

M

15:01, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: Would've probably looked better if the armor would've been tattered, ruined, with holes.. Maybe a arrow sticking out here and there, but it's still approvable in its current stage. With some more changes, I will prob. up the rating.

Level 2
If I'm not mistaken in wow. There is a quest in which you have to retrieve the sword ''Trol'kalar''

and returns it to Galen

EDIT

or what's left of the sword. But if it is retrieved I don't remember

I think you can just have a sword model attached to his right hand in-game.

M

18:23, 3rd Feb 2014
Deolrin: I'm afraid that it looks too much like the original archer but with a different face. I think it requires more changes. All of your other Wretched models are awesome and of higher quality, so I think this one should fit with them more.

15:38, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: Work on the walk animation. Also, the body of the archer still has healthy skin and the hair does not look affected. The body should naturally be as grayish as the face and the hair would be withered, gray, or white. I would also suggest you change the cloak into something undead-ish to fit with the other texture changes.

Also, work on lowering the filesize.

Misha: it could use a bit more updates, like, changing her death sound to maybe banshee ranger? also her 'skirt' could use being slightly different, just to go along with the top. and see if you can shave a few bytes off the filesize :)

i guess now it looks alright '~'

Level 4
yeah keep it up :)

EDIT: now it looks not so good : / its to undead/troll like the first one was in my opinion better

Last edited:
Level 9
Okay there's a few things that really stand out here:

The shoulders look pretty awful, both in shape and wrap.
She seems completely flat chested, the texture looks quite stretched as well.
Her hair just doesn't look right for some reason.

Fix those things and it'll look significantly better.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
While I'm not really partial to the Wretched race in the storyline, I have to commend you, Ujimasa, on this particular model. See, you didn't just take the Blood Elven Priest and mod his skin a bit or thin him up a teench. You actually re-wrapped the face, made some model editing, and changed up the weapon-style; giving him a glowing right-hand instead of that staff. Very nifty (don't see that a lot in Wc3), and also a creative re-interpretation.

Level 9
Meh, I liked it way more before.

Wretched aren't dark blue, the chest still looks weirdly shaped and wrapped, and the different skintones don't match at all. :(

Level 16
To be honest, against all popular opinions here, I think the previous close-to elven look fitted her better. I mean, wretched are not supposed to be undead completely, and this actually looks more undead than elven right now. :)
Anyway, that is my opinion only.
EDIT:: On the mini preview I see a different model, on the big preview a purple-ish model, so which one is the updated one? I'm confused.
I tried the Shift+F5, shows me the purple one.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeeeeaaaahhh... I like a lot of the changes so far, and can appreciate that it needed to be more "different" than just a thin High Elf Archer... But I'm not sure the greenish-blue skin was a step in the right direction. Maybe a good Forsaken Archer (though AndrewOverload's got that covered (hm, wonder what happened to him?)).

Level 4
To be honest, against all popular opinions here, I think the previous close-to elven look fitted her better. I mean, wretched are not supposed to be undead completely, and this actually looks more undead than elven right now. :)
Anyway, that is my opinion only.
EDIT:: On the mini preview I see a different model, on the big preview a purple-ish model, so which one is the updated one? I'm confused.
I tried the Shift+F5, shows me the purple one.

i agree:goblin_good_job:

Level 7
Maybe try to make her less "blue" and more "Pale", cuz idk man but ithink this looks more like a drow or an undead... maybe try using the zombie texture for the chest? i dont really know what to do with it to make look more "Wretched" and less "forsaken".

Well, Just my opinion.. each to his own..

Level 10
I've worked with the Dreadlord texture before in order to make a Nathrezim woman. There is a certain section on the ear of the Dreadlord texture that can be used for her chest. If you can get it right, it will fix the mismatched skin tone. Unfortunately it's been a year or so since I've worked on models, so I no longer have the model. :[

Edit: Also the siren's head (with a bit of editing) works well with the Dreadlord texture. I found a WIP picture of the head on a flash drive.