• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #22 - Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark trolls are mostly a myth u know; but if that's the case then Good luck:)

I was curious about this so I looked through a couple wowpedia articles. Recent lore confirmed that night elves are evolved from dark trolls. Recently however, the Shadowtooth Clan (the tribe that aided the orcs, humans, and night elves in the Battle of Mount Hyjal) was mostly destroyed by the Twilight's Hammer Clan during their invasion of Hyjal. I suppose that's the justification for their lack of appearance following Warcraft III.

So just out of curiosity, what's with everyone tons of peeps making Zandalari? Yeah, there all fresh 'n' current what with WoW, but Jungle Trolls is where it's at.

Where's all the love for the Sandfury?

Level 12
Well, i decided to participate.
Here we are, early WIP:
Swamp Troll
206946-albums5195-picture79011.png
206946-albums5195-picture79012.png

Level 10
Oh hey, I forgot there were undead trolls. I might try doing one of the mummy trolls from old school wow...

UPDATE: Obligatory WIP here, even though I'll probably end up doing this whole thing in one or two sittings.
MummyTrollWIP1.jpg

The mohawk and just about everything not on the portrait here are still untouched.

DOUBLE POST OH GOD HELP
MummyTrollWIP2.jpg

Just about ready to call it a day on this, maybe a little more shading later.

I ♥.

Here we go! ~Submission~

Finished, hope you guys like it, i had a lot of fun with it,
and good luck with the rest of you contestants on finishing your amazing skins
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Submission Poster.jpg
    Submission Poster.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 727
  • PirateTrollLordFinal.blp
    98.6 KB · Views: 59
  • PirateTrollLord Presentating.Jpg
    PirateTrollLord Presentating.Jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 621
  • Trolls.png
    Trolls.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 690
  • Submission In-Game.jpg
    Submission In-Game.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Level 10
My Review

+Pros
~Cool, Pirate Troll, new Troll Race?
~For unknown reason, I love the tusks

-Cons
~Some parts look cartoony
~The skull is annoying to me

Suggestions
~Nothing yet

Vote For:
Approval | Rejection
Lol, what's with the resource review?
I chuckled a little.
But what's weird is that you even added the "vote for" thing.
Edit: Are his fangs/tusks supposed to be purple? Or is that something else?

Level 10
I'm just reviewing it now, the "vote for" thing is just there but neither of the two options is in bold type so......

EDIT: The fangs/tusks of the dark troll in Warcraft 3 is purple so, what's the problem?

Wait, what?
Didn't even notice that.
Well, I took a peek at the screenshots, and it seems that the fangs have a much more lighter purple look to them.

Here's a WIP:
attachment.php

Suggestions? Anyways, can someone test it and give a screenshot?

Here's a screenshot. I don't get an alpha channel when I save the JPG you've provided, so this isn't exactly what it is supposed to look like, but it's in a state where it can be critiqued properly. Looks like the shawl could use more contrast or even more of a design on it (though that may be a bit difficult given that the shawl and mask share the same uv space). As it is, from a distance his clothes may look like a big brown blob.

Attachments

• TrollDruid.jpg
    TrollDruid.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 180
Okay, here's a screenshot with alpha. Also, if you want to give it more of a druid vibe, you can repaint the skin with a bit of a greenish tint. Not a bright green that will make it look like a forest troll, but just a slight push towards green. I've provided a screenshot for reference.

Attachments

• trolldruid2.JPG
    trolldruid2.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 232
  • trollwow.PNG
    trollwow.PNG
    705.5 KB · Views: 212
Looks WOW. Some kind of Troll engineer Ugo?

Yea, some kind of wimpy little troll kid. (His tuskless mouth would kinda make sense :D )

Finding a model (not troll) that looks like troll is already hard enough. Initially planned to reskin sasquatch into a dire troll, but the model has no tusks (since dire trolls seem to have this long downward tusks). After that planned to skin demoness into female troll, but their wing thingy has a team colour layer, unable to alpha it.

Sooo finally, I decided to reskin this :(

We've got only two entries so far - Red and Just_Spectating

Would you like an extension?
I think I can finish on time. Not sure about others.

P.S I actually took my time to read the wowpedia just to see the species of trolls available in Warcraft lore

Level 25
Extensions maybe four days or such cuz you know, the others may have focused on the Wc3 Fun Mapmaking Challenge or such...But not for me, I think I can finish ugh tomorrow.

UgoUgo, that Wimpy Troll Kid would be a good idea, I'll make a Troll Children Bombers but not for the contest.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I will be very very impressed if you can turn that into a bat. :p
I would be too. However, it wouldn't all be on him; just the skin (throw some leathery wings, some dark fur, big googoo red eyes, mod some ears out of feathers, etc...), which I would then take to a model editor and have shrunken/modded down to bat-proportions.

Lol. Sounds like a utility-belt tool. "Quick, Robin! Use your Bat-Proportion!".

Status
Not open for further replies.