• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map Type: Action Role-Playing Game, and much like the Diablo franchise (medieval, dark and bloody).
Link to Map Thread: Will this do?
Lore Type: Map Lore
Lore Format: Second-person (angel talking to humanity. For example, the first sentence would be something like:

"Humanity. Your power is great. Your will exceeds ours. You are the perfect army against the forces of hell."

Additional Information: Demon/angel war. Humans role not yet decided. I want a singular angel who believes in humanity to be the one talking, with nobody else in the picture. And also, try to make it sound like humanity is the world's last hope.

Level 10
Map Type: Action Role-Playing Game, and much like the Diablo franchise (medieval, dark and bloody).
Link to Map Thread: Will this do?
Lore Format: Second-person (angel talking to humanity. For example, the first sentence would be something like:

Additional Information: Demon/angel war. Humans role not yet decided. I want a singular angel who believes in humanity to be the one talking, with nobody else in the picture. And also, try to make it sound like humanity is the world's last hope.

Well, you got to wait for awhile. (Sorry, it's just not fair for me to take two)

Level 10
Cool a lore workshop. Ill request something a little while later. Busy now XD

Okay im back. Here's my first time request.

Map Type: Warcraft
Link to Map Thread: I don't have a page for it, sadly :'( The map is about the Illidari (Illidan's army of draenai, blood elves and naga) against the Burning Legion (Magtheridon's rallied army of rebellious fel orcs, Maiev's vengeful Watchers and angered demons). It's basically an AoS where whoever's king dies 1st loses (Illidan or Magtheridon the Pit Lord). Many heroes like Tyrande the Priestess of the Moon, Furion the keeper of the Grove, Akama joins the war aiding Illidan while Magtheridon is aided by powerful demons.
Lore Type: Hero Lore
Lore Format: Third-person story-telling.
Additional Information: The hero is Kar the Everburning the Hell Razer. Using Firelord model. Has abilities of fiery nets to slow down enemies, fiery body to incinerate enemies close and burn down trees in the process, steals agility on hits and an ultimate which damages enemies in an area using the agility he stole + he's very arrogant. He serves the Legions faction.

PS: Please make it as long as a tooltip in-game. Im fitting the hero's background there.

I hope the information is sufficient for the request. This is an alternate story which follows after Illidan's defeat from the war in Icecrown between Arthas and Illidan, just to make it easier for you work on the request.

Last edited:
Level 25
Map Type: Modern Post-Apocalyptic

Summary: Cameron, the playable character, is at work in an office building when the chaos hits the streets below. Some human-altering virus spreads like wildfire throughout the city. Totally unique, right? Well so far the concept isn't meant to be, but I'm focusing on Cameron's story. He attempts to cut through the hordes of these creatures to get back home where his son, Dominic, was being babysat (Cameron's wife died in a car accident years ago) since he couldn't get hold of the babysitter through phone. There will also be a gang called the Blessed Brothers who abduct and recruit children to increase their ranks and believe they were "chosen" to recreate society. They may find ways of using the virus or creatures to their own advantage...

Video Reference: YouTube Video I don't have a thread for the map's development yet.

Lore Type: Creature Lore - How did the infection start? How does the infection spread (if you can come up with something more unique than saliva transmission)? Is there even an infection, or did certain people's biology just change suddenly due to some catastrophic event?

Lore Format: Preferably third-person, but any form is fine since I haven't included a method of storytelling in the map yet. It could be narrated by Cameron himself if it makes it easier.

Additional Information: I really don't care if it's some scientific explanation for a virus, or some random fantasy reasoning which is the result of different dimensions collapsing on each other. I plan on adding mutated creatures other than zombies, like this or this, so I just need a reason for hostile creatures to be taking over the city as well as their origins. Everything can be killed by earthly weapons such as knives or guns.

Level 10
Map Type: Modern Post-Apocalyptic

Summary: Cameron, the playable character, is at work in an office building when the chaos hits the streets below. Some human-altering virus spreads like wildfire throughout the city. Totally unique, right? Well so far the concept isn't meant to be, but I'm focusing on Cameron's story. He attempts to cut through the hordes of these creatures to get back home where his son, Dominic, was being babysat (Cameron's wife died in a car accident years ago) since he couldn't get hold of the babysitter through phone. There will also be a gang called the Blessed Brothers who abduct and recruit children to increase their ranks and believe they were "chosen" to recreate society. They may find ways of using the virus or creatures to their own advantage...

Video Reference: YouTube Video I don't have a thread for the map's development yet.

Lore Type: Creature Lore - How did the infection start? How does the infection spread (if you can come up with something more unique than saliva transmission)? Is there even an infection, or did certain people's biology just change suddenly due to some catastrophic event?

Lore Format: Preferably third-person, but any form is fine since I haven't included a method of storytelling in the map yet. It could be narrated by Cameron himself if it makes it easier.

Additional Information: I really don't care if it's some scientific explanation for a virus, or some random fantasy reasoning which is the result of different dimensions collapsing on each other. I plan on adding mutated creatures other than zombies, like this or this, so I just need a reason for hostile creatures to be taking over the city as well as their origins. Everything can be killed by earthly weapons such as knives or guns.

Dammit.
I just have the urge.
By the way, I love the look of your map.

Level 9
And as for my OTHER project this is what I have for Mephisto's request. (Note: It's only one page, as with most of my work, I can make it much longer if you request so, but I like to start with one page, and see if the requester would like anything added or changed) Feel free to tell me to take out things, add in things, or to scrap it and try again :) we like our work!

Attachments

• Humanity.pdf
    403.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Level 10
Zzone may i ask? Is there any sort of limit a user can request?

None at the moment. But I guess it's based on how many members are available.
As you see, there 2 Color codes for the person's status on availability.
Available and Available and Busy.
As you see, there is no one that can take two requests at the moment, because none of the members have volunteered on having the teal status. So I guess that's what limits a person on requesting.

Level 10
I see. Thanks for the answer.

I don't think there's any limit, so go right ahead.
I asked about the request limit yesterday before i asked you guys and that was his answer. Maybe he can take up two request or more? I'll just leave a low priority request (You can take this up once you're not busy anymore) over here and i hope you don't mind :3

Maybe Melth can take this one since i really enjoy his story lore.

Link to Map Thread: Same map as before
Lore Format: This time i'll let your creativity work it :)
Additional Information: This one should be interesting. He's the Abyssal Phoenix (this title may be temporary and i haven't found a good name since i was in a rush. If you have a better title and name do suggest it ;) ) His powers include Flight of Ashes (dives into the point and hurts his foes while leaving behind trails of dark flames which burn people who walk on it.), Ray of Destruction (A powerful beam of black fire going on continuously in a long line that incinerates enemies caught in it's gaze.), Darkflames (Fires a dark fire at an enemy randomly every once in a while.) and Ascension (Turns into an egg, becoming fragile and burns everyone nearby down in the process. If not killed, he resurrects with full health.) He serves the Illidari, Illidan's side.

Last edited:
Level 9
Nope no request limit, in fact it is cool i think both the guys like Hero Lore, thanks for your requests BTW we had a null area there for a little bit... kind of boring :grin: anyway... your request ACCEPTED and sure you can have Melth write it :) ALSO: He can take as many requests as he sees fit, if he's over whelmed he can always ask for us to help him with some requests :)

@Mephisto, I'll wait one more day :) but after that, the request will be closed and you'll be stuck with my work and have no chance to make edits, in which case if you want an edit or new lore, you'll have to make another request :thumbs_up: sorry but we try to keep at least one person open at a time and I can't be stuck on one request :)

Level 8
Link to Map Thread: Same map as before
Lore Format: This time i'll let your creativity work it :)
Additional Information: This one should be interesting. He's the Abyssal Phoenix (this title may be temporary and i haven't found a good name since i was in a rush. If you have a better title and name do suggest it ;) ) His powers include Flight of Ashes (dives into the point and hurts his foes while leaving behind trails of dark flames which burn people who walk on it.), Ray of Destruction (A powerful beam of black fire going on continuously in a long line that incinerates enemies caught in it's gaze.), Darkflames (Fires a dark fire at an enemy randomly every once in a while.) and Ascension (Turns into an egg, becoming fragile and burns everyone nearby down in the process. If not killed, he resurrects with full health.) He serves the Illidari, Illidan's side.

I'll get to work on this shortly. Does it need to be tooltip length again?

Level 9
Here is Melth's Finished Work for you BunnyAng

Phlegaphyros is a coal-black pit of a world, naught but a thin crust of toxic soot over seething magma. The air is smoke and fumes, the 'ground' gives way to searing lava with any misstep, and water is a myth. The Burning Legion uses the threat of exile there to cow its unruly soldiers into obedience.|nEven the Klashra- fiery beings native to it- are eager to leave. Young Kar the Everburning was one of many who saw a way out in the Legion's recruiting before the battle with Illidan.|nEnlisting, Kar impressed Kil'Jaeden's lieutenants with his craftily woven war-nets of living flames. Then too, the very heat of his body is itself a fearsome weapon. Although he is only a green recruit, the Burning Legion has high hopes that he will be a fiery bane to the Betrayer's forces.

Level 8
Alright, here's what I've got. I just made up a name since you hadn't specified one that I saw, go ahead and change that. Oh, and I've been assuming this phoenix would be tinted black since all his moves sounded like they involved dark colored flames.

They say the fiery phoenixes of northern Draenor once glittered in every color a gemstone ever shone, their hues changing with their moods. No dragonhoard on Azeroth could match their beauty and great wizards and warlocks traveled from worlds afar to see those majestic creatures. That was long ago. Before the blood-crazed orcs attacked them, before the great cataclysm destroyed their world, and before the Burning Legion slew most of the rest. Now they are ashen grey and cold as stone.|nExcept one. Keeara Screvion has been an ominous, hateful black since those dark days. His fires have dimmed but still smolder hot as ever, waiting to be unleashed with terrible fury upon the demons responsible for the disaster.

Level 10
Alright, here's what I've got. I just made up a name since you hadn't specified one that I saw, go ahead and change that. Oh, and I've been assuming this phoenix would be tinted black since all his moves sounded like they involved dark colored flames.

They say the fiery phoenixes of northern Draenor once glittered in every color a gemstone ever shone, their hues changing with their moods. No dragonhoard on Azeroth could match their beauty and great wizards and warlocks traveled from worlds afar to see those majestic creatures. That was long ago. Before the blood-crazed orcs attacked them, before the great cataclysm destroyed their world, and before the Burning Legion slew most of the rest. Now they are ashen grey and cold as stone.|nExcept one. Keeara Screvion has been an ominous, hateful black since those dark days. His fires have dimmed but still smolder hot as ever, waiting to be unleashed with terrible fury upon the demons responsible for the disaster.

You should message the person in VM.

Level 9
Very good point Plank, yeah it just seems if we use the fourms to get out questions, we might miss a request, so please keep the work between you and the requester either by PM (Private Message) or VM (Visitor Message) both of which you can access from their user page or their posts, by clicking their name :grin: THANKS!

Level 2
thanks Zzonehardy for the finished request, +Rep. Though I may be back here in the future, for now I have a personal creator for my lore :) Will surely recommend this workshop!

Level 10
New Request!! Recently my long awaited request idea just came out so i'm going to need a nice lore to fit the new spells made. I can't think of any lol. I hope you don't mind my 3rd request :3

Link to Map Thread: Same map
Lore Format: It's up to you actually
Additional Information: She joins Illidan in the war but i can't think of a cool way of a background story for her. Her spells are unique, same as Invoker from DotA. She has 3 elements and she combines them to make new spells. The very reason she's the archmage.

Her spells are here.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...idea-factory-195121/index135.html#post2480681

Level 6
I Have my first request on your workshop.
Here it goes.

Map Type: Mordern Warfare
Link to Map Thread: Here.
Other Details:
Its Actually about a after the Wc war Ended. The person are becoming Orcs and the Humans are so angry so they decided to Destroy them.
Lore Format: First Person Maybe (Because i don't Know What's this all by anyways.)
Additional Information: You know the Wc is Warcraft Right? and the Lich King died so yeah.

Level 10
Here it goes.

Other Details:
Its Actually about a after the Wc war Ended. The person are becoming Orcs and the Humans are so angry so they decided to Destroy them.
Lore Format: First Person
Additional Information: You know the Wc is Warcraft Right? and the Lich King died so yeah.
Modern Warfare? What, like orcs and humans battling out with weaponry from WW2? And this happened after the Lich King died?
I completely do not understand.

Level 6
After the lich king died the villages are in peace for a very deep while and they created in technology. But the orcs are still here though. And a war happened.

And the technology. Future warfare.

Level 9
Here it goes.

Other Details:
Lore Format: First Person Maybe (Because i don't Know What's this all by anyways.)

WaerercraftKillers your request is ACCPETED!

New Request!! Recently my long awaited request idea just came out so i'm going to need a nice lore to fit the new spells made. I can't think of any lol. I hope you don't mind my 3rd request :3

Link to Map Thread: Same map
Lore Format: It's up to you actually
Additional Information: She joins Illidan in the war but i can't think of a cool way of a background story for her. Her spells are unique, same as Invoker from DotA. She has 3 elements and she combines them to make new spells. The very reason she's the archmage.

Her spells are here.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...idea-factory-195121/index135.html#post2480681

BunnyAng your request is ACCEPTED!

It will take a little bit to figure out who is doing what but we work fast hopefully we will have it to you soon :grin:

Level 9
Wow thanks DJ! Keep up the good work in Modder's Idea Factory! Aaannddd WaerercraftKillers, I will see what I can do about getting Plank or Melth on your request, it sounds like the type of lore, i've seen them do well. :grin: keep checkin' in for updates!

Level 10
No double posting. It takes up space. Didn't you know about that?
Can a moderator please fix that?
Thanks.
And someone did accept it, didn't you see?

Level 9
Hey guys! And I had started on your request WaerercraftKillers, also Plank i think was going to help me, given it is his genre, but I had something happen with a friend and this whole week i've been... out of social networks and such... also this coming week I won't be around much, sorry, it usually doesn't take this long to fulfill a request.

In other news, I did need some inspiration for your lore, and played the last of us trying to find a mixture of advanced but primal technology (plus I just really wanted to play it, it's a great game! Hopefully they make a second ;)) On that note, your request may take a little more time, and I don't know about the other guys... Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.