• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kawaii Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you modify it? i don't really know how to trigger it.. i mean, when the unit cast spell or attack the unit has x% chance to deal crit damage with x% of critical rate.. they can increase their crit rate and crit chance... spell has lower chance to deal crit.. about the dodge and accuracy, i have no idea how to do them.. so, currently i just need the crit.. thanks for your time :)

Oh, the Damage Mod! It's rather fun and easy to manipulate. Before dealing damage, you can set the variable 'DamageEventType' to whatever you wish, and set 'DMGS_Ability' to what ability is dealing that damage.

0 = physical attack damage
1 = spell damage

You can add damage types in the config trigger and set specific hexadecimal coloring for each. For me, I added these:

2 = DoT damage
3 = special damage
4 = healing damage(negative)

If you want to detect when the damage is taken, go to 'DMGS Crit' or something like that. It's not only for critical hits, but can be used for all damage taken.

Just check for the damage types, buffs, and/or the DMGS_Ability. Then do your actions.

Just remember, the source is DamageEventSource and the target is, of course, DamageEventTarget.
:cgrin:

Level 9
cat_im_confus.jpg

Can you post the trigger? :goblin_cry:

0 = Basic attack damage. All damage instances will be counted as that, unless you set it otherwise before dealing damage. It would be easy to manipulate if you understand that.

• DMGS Get Critical
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Damage Detection --------
      • -------- Critical --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Multiple Conditions
            • -- 1 for spell damage crit, as you mentioned earlier--
            • DamageEventType Equal to 1
            • DamageEventType Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- 50% chance, you can modify this. --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random real number between 0.00 and 1.00) Greater than 0.50
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Put additional damage to special damage (#3) --------
              • Set DamageEventType = 3
              • Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing (DamageEventAmount x 1.50) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- ///OR/// --------
          • -------- Chance --------
          • Set DMGS_CriticalChance = 50.00
          • -------- Critical multiplier --------
          • Set DMGS_CriticalPercent = 1.50
          • -------- Bonus flat damage --------
          • Set DMGS_CriticalBonus = 0.00
        • Else - Actions
If you feel like the trigger is crowded, make a new one, and direct it here:

• DMGS CritEvadeBlock
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Get Data --------
      • Trigger - Run DMGS_CalculateEvasion (ignoring conditions)
      • -------- Evasion --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random percentage) Greater than DMGS_Evasion
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Critical --------
          • Trigger - Run DMGS_CalculateCrit (ignoring conditions)
          • ---------------
          • ---------------
          • --Added Lines--
          • Trigger - Run NewTrigger (ignoring conditions)
          • --Added Lines--
          • ---------------
          • ---------------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to DMGS_CriticalChance
            • Then - Actions
              • Set DMGS_CriticalEvent = 0.00
              • Set DMGS_CriticalEvent = 1.00
              • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount + DMGS_CriticalBonus)
              • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount x DMGS_CriticalPercent)
              • Set DamageEventCritical = True
              • Set DMGS_CriticalEvent = 2.00
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- Block --------
          • Trigger - Run DMGS_CalculateBlock (ignoring conditions)
            • If - Conditions
              • DMGS_Block Not equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set DMGS_BlockEvent = 0.00
              • Set DMGS_BlockEvent = 1.00
              • -------- Reduction --------
              • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount - (DamageEventAmount x DMGS_Reduction))
                • If - Conditions
                  • DMGS_Block Less than DamageEventAmount
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount - DMGS_Block)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set DamageEventAmount = 0.00
              • Set DMGS_BlockEvent = 2.00
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set DMGS_EvasionEvent = 0.00
          • Set DMGS_EvasionEvent = 1.00
          • -------- Evaded --------
          • Set DamageEventAmount = 0.00
          • Set DMGS_EvasionEvent = 2.00
      • Set DMGS_Evasion = 0.00
      • Set DMGS_Block = 0.00
      • Set DMGS_Reduction = 0.00
      • Set DMGS_CriticalBonus = 0.00
      • Set DMGS_CriticalPercent = 0.00
      • Set DMGS_CriticalChance = 0.00
      • Set DamageEventCriticalOverride = False
      • Set DMGS_Ability = DMGS_ResetAbility
For abilities, here:

• Holy Light Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • // 1 = Spell Damage
      • Set DamageEventType = 1
      • // Sets the ability for future use in the damage detection trigger
      • Set DMGS_Ability = (Ability being cast)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
All of those triggers are from the Damage Modification System. I hope you get it.

E: Sorry for the ultra late reply, lost internet.

Level 5
Time Field

DDS: No i havent and there is no need.
Code Type: I prefer GUI, but i thing it is impossible in it so JASS or vJASS (what is easiest)
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 300/400/500
Number of Levels: 3
Range: 400/500/600
Duration: 10/15/20
Mana Cost: 75/90/100
Cooldown: 20/30/40
Slowed by: 35%/55%/75%
In-game Description: I can make own ;)
How the spell works: So, hero will cast target point spell. On point will be created Some kind of sphere, where will be all arrows and missiles (unit and spell missiles) slowed. Guided missiles (almost all missile spells) will still in this sphere follow target (but slowly) and when they leave field, slow effect will disappear. If it is possible, that all effects and enemy units in this sphere will be slowed too (i mean their attack too with slowed animations). Simply everything will be slowed in this sphere. I will love, if you can atd GUI variables (duration, area of effect and slow)

I thing this will be hard, so if you cant do this, you dont must.
Anyway Thank you ^_^

Level 23
ZeroGo, I don't think the manipulation of missiles in the game is possible unless every one of your missiles in spells, attacks, etc are dummy units. :/

This is definitely true with GUI but I might be wrong though, it might be possible in Jaws or VJaws

Random Buff

DDS: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-231846/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=looking_for_help
Code Type: GUI
Target Type: Instant
Area of Effect: na
Number of Levels: na
Range: na
Duration: 10
Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 10
In-game Description: Buff the hero with a random buff =
*agi : Increase critical chance and dodge chance
*strength : Increase 5% maximum HP and 30% attack damage

How the spell works:

-when the caster cast this ability, he will get a random buff/passive skill inside invis spellbook for x seconds..

-i know that DDS can heal, block, and multiple dmg... but i don't know how to create a critical hit accuracy, critical hit rate and dodge damage system by using it.. i want it to work with agi stat or custom stat by using trigger... i don't know how to do the balanced math.. hopefully you guys can help me.. if you guys can help me,it would be great :)

If possible, spell also can does critical damage

I'll take this request. Just a few questions though:
  • Are "agi" and "strength" the names of the buffs?
  • "Increase critical and dodge chance" Does this mean the unit already has evasion or critical skill? or will the unit have these two only when the buff is applied?
  • How much is the increase in critical and dodge? (25% to miss? 15% to critical?) (Or maybe do you want these to be configurable?)
  • How much is the critical damage? (2x more damage? Additional 50 damage? Insta Kill?) (Or do you want the critical damage amount to be configurable too?)

That's all my questions for now. I'll work on this once these are clarified. :D

Level 18
Time Field

DDS: No i havent and there is no need.
Code Type: I prefer GUI, but i thing it is impossible in it so JASS or vJASS (what is easiest)
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 300/400/500
Number of Levels: 3
Range: 400/500/600
Duration: 10/15/20
Mana Cost: 75/90/100
Cooldown: 20/30/40
Slowed by: 35%/55%/75%
In-game Description: I can make own ;)
How the spell works: So, hero will cast target point spell. On point will be created Some kind of sphere, where will be all arrows and missiles (unit and spell missiles) slowed. Guided missiles (almost all missile spells) will still in this sphere follow target (but slowly) and when they leave field, slow effect will disappear. If it is possible, that all effects and enemy units in this sphere will be slowed too (i mean their attack too with slowed animations). Simply everything will be slowed in this sphere. I will love, if you can atd GUI variables (duration, area of effect and slow)

I thing this will be hard, so if you cant do this, you dont must.
Anyway Thank you ^_^

Sorry I didn't even red ^^
It is not possible unless everything is triggered.
The only person who did that is Maker xD

Level 9
ZeroGo, I don't think the manipulation of missiles in the game is possible unless every one of your missiles in spells, attacks, etc are dummy units. :/

This is definitely true with GUI but I might be wrong though, it might be possible in Jaws or VJaws

• "Increase critical and dodge chance" Does this mean the unit already has evasion or critical skill? or will the unit have these two only when the buff is applied?
  • How much is the increase in critical and dodge? (25% to miss? 15% to critical?) (Or maybe do you want these to be configurable?)
  • How much is the critical damage? (2x more damage? Additional 50 damage? Insta Kill?) (Or do you want the critical damage amount to be configurable too?)

Yes it is! sorry for the late.. Playing games.. lol.. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 23
People can do it but it would lag as f*ck if you won't do it properly since it involves creating units EVERYTIME a unit attacks or casts spells.

Now that I think about it, you really have to trigger EVERYTHING to make just that one spell if you really want to slow everything down (Spell SFX, Spell missles, Attack missiles). That's going to be a hell lot of work. xD

Yes it is! sorry for the late.. Playing games.. lol.. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Okay, I'll start tomorrow afternoon (Or later since it's already 3:00 am here. LOL) when I get back from school. I'll just turn those things into configurables so that you can set the damage amount, chance, etc. by just changing the values of variables. :)

Level 10
Hey guys. I think it's time for you to edit the second post. Maybe make a hidden spell list from A-Z. Like A-C for the 1st tab and D-F for the second tab. Pretty soon the 2nd post is going to be overcrowded with spells till no one can find theirs at all.

Level 9

• sorry i misread yesterday.. i thought you were just only asking about the str and agi is a buff.. didn't read below it.. may be too sleepy yesterday..
  • all unit have crit and evasion... (like most rpg's critical and dodge system) i'll just do heroes have 5% dodge and unit have 10%.. item can increase the dodge chance.. unit have 3% to deal critical and heroes have 5%... they can be increased by item too! (if it is way too hard, just simplify it, i don't want to torture you xD
  • the buff increase the critical chance by 20%.. and dodge chance by 15%..
  • base critical damage is 120%.. the buff increase the crit damage by 30%..
  • I AM TRULY SORRY :goblin_cry:

Level 23
Ohh finaly

Floating DDS

DDS: ????(Does it need?)
Code Type: Jass or vJass(your choice)
Spell Type: System
Target Type: N/A
Area of Effect: N/A
Number of Levels: N/A
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
In-game Description: N/A
How the spell works: This is a system that when a hero is attack, mana regen, health regen, mana loss, critical, low on mana and low on health(this two shows when the hero is low on health and mana). It shows floating numbers on how many damage, mana regen, health regen etc. The damage and critical can only be shown on all units while the others shows only on heroes.
A reply to Malhorne

if noone is making this one, I could try doing it, but I will for sure not write my own DDS, but most likely I would use StructuredDD by Cokemonkey, available in Jass section.

Level 7
Long time no post anything here XD Couldnt do much on weekdays :< My mom kept restricting me =w= Pretty annoying :<

Level 9
LOL I really don't mind about that so don't be sorry. ^^
I wasn't even halfway with the thing because I was distracted by some HTML making. ;P

glad to hear that ^^

Anyway, Last question. Do you already have a system for the critical/dodge? or perhaps I should make em?

i don't have them.. but i believe you can figure it out :ogre_hurrhurr: i guess, it is just a simple trigger with using DDS right?

Level 6
combo point system.. some skill can generate combo point.. max capped with 5 combo point.. combo point affected some skill.. eg, 1 combo point increase dmg by x%.. some skill need at least 1 combo point to be activated and some need 5..

In a trigger you can assign different abilities to generate combo points... and it does not need a system... a unit start casting... ability being cast equal to ... set combo points = combo points + 1.....

Hey guys can i request a system here?...

Just very simple... its just that i can't understand the code...

GUI Player's FOOD USED Save/Load System... (Player 1 only) For single player..

Using this one CodeGen 1.0.1

This would be a great help and i am not in a hurry... could you guys accept my request?..

Status
Not open for further replies.