• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kawaii Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Then how do you count AOE range? (Circle) What does the number represent? I'm sure it's not diameter of the AOE. (I need the knowledge for one of my spell)

Level 7
wait.. so if i put 1000, then it represent the radius of the circle? which means its diameter is 2000? wat? @_@

Level 7
If the diameter is 2000, then my spell moves a unit from one side to another in 1000 but it went so far.... but when i change it to ~300, then the unit is move until the other end.. :3

Level 7
Hmm, nevermind that but I search somewhere here, they said this is the formula but I'm don't quite understand, I need to look bk in my triggers first:

to be precise it would be the radius of the circle plus half of the unit's collision size, so for an AOE 1000 units wide, it would be 516.

This is because the triggers select units if their centers are in range, but hardcoded AOE spells will hit units whose edges are in range.

Keep in mid that units with larger than 32 collision sizes will be excluded if they are on the very edge.

Range = 0.5(AOE + collision zie)

Level 22
You're getting confused because of the term range, range could mean the length of something. That's why I was asking you what you need it for specifically, so I could answer it more precisely.

Level 7
Um, I was using Unit Group Range - RangeWithin which means AOE Circle

Then one end to another end was a diameter.
I want to create a dummy unit from the start of a diameter n he will move forward until the end of the diameter. So the range of the previous AOE range I put is 1000.

Then I move on trying to move unit. I use Coordinates and "SetUnitX/Y" and move it 1000 "coordinate range" forward.(Because I thought the diameter will be 1000) but he moved very very very very very far away.

So, why? @_@ I hope that's enough to explain. >_<

Level 22
like this?
attachment.php

Attachments

• diagram.JPG
    diagram.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 119
Level 7
Yesss! 8D sry, but I edit your image:
attachment.php
ACTUALLY EVEN FURTHER THAN POINT C!!!

Attachments

• diagram.JPG
    diagram.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 116
Level 22
The code is wrong, you should divide the range (in your terms, AoE+collision) with the period (0.03). So it should be move forward by (AoE+collision)/period every 0.03 sec.

Level 7
But 1000 / 0.03 = 33333.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333~
Which means he is moving 33333.3333333333333333333333333333333~ forward every 0.03 seconds.

1000 x 0.03 = 30, Only he is moving 30 units forward every 0.03 seconds.

O wait, there is another problem, I set the maximum number 1000 and i check if the distance the unit moved is already 1000, he'll stop. So he stop after traveling 1000 which is point C, but why?

The AOE is 1000 which means diameter is 1032 with the collision but why traveling 1000 forward will make you reach far beyond the diameter length? :ogre_rage:

Level 22
Oh yeah haha wait...
Edit:
I forgot about the time, it should be 1000/(time/period)

Edit:
The AOE is 1000 which means diameter is 1032 with the collision but why traveling 1000 forward will make you reach far beyond the diameter length?
Because your moving it more than once, if you want it to move 1000 units towards point b then you should move it little by little until it reaches 1000.

Level 19
I have a item spell request. (GUI) / (MUI)

Name: Bomb

AoE Damage 400
Effects Flame strike (Gona do the same effects as flame strike)

1. You drop the bomb on the ground and after 3 second it blow the ground.
2. Timer on 3 seconds. Gona show red little text 3.2.1 then the explosion will be there.
3. You will see the bomb be there on the ground then disapair when explosion comes.
4. The spell should be planted under your hero when click the item.
5. Should only damage enemy units. Not your self or friends.

Can you do it?

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay, I checked my spell again, it does move by a little until it reaches 1000 then i stop it but that fail, i change the number to ~300 n it looks fine. Lemme just post the map and the code here.

• Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • -------- Kill Trees? --------
    • Set HT_Condition[5] = True
    • -------- Distance of Diameter of Spawn --------
    • Set HT_Diameter[1] = 1000.00
    • Set HT_Diameter[2] = 1000.00
    • Set HT_Diameter[3] = 1000.00
    • -------- Damage per Second x7 --------
    • Set HT_Damage_PS[1] = 50.00
    • Set HT_Damage_PS[2] = 75.00
    • Set HT_Damage_PS[3] = 100.00
    • -------- Multiplication for Agility Damage --------
    • Set HT_Damage_Attri_Multiply[1] = 1.50
    • Set HT_Damage_Attri_Multiply[2] = 1.75
    • Set HT_Damage_Attri_Multiply[3] = 2.00
    • -------- Final Hit Damage --------
    • Set HT_Damage_Final[1] = 400.00
    • Set HT_Damage_Final[2] = 500.00
    • Set HT_Damage_Final[3] = 600.00
    • -------- Dummy INT --------
    • Set HT_Dummy_Int = 1
    • -------- Hashtable --------
    • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
    • Set HT_Hash = (Last created hashtable)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Hassou Tobi
  • Actions
    • If (HT_Count Greater than or equal to (>=) 1000) then do (Set HT_Count = 0) else do (Set HT_Count = (HT_Count + 1))
    • If (Loop_1_Count Greater than or equal to (>=) 1000) then do (Set Loop_1_Count = 0) else do (Set Loop_1_Count = (Loop_1_Count + 1))
    • Set Loop_1[Loop_1_Count] = 0
    • Set HT_Caster[HT_Count] = (Triggering unit)
    • Set HT_Level = (Level of Hassou Tobi for HT_Caster[HT_Count])
    • Set HT_TempLoc[HT_Count] = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] = (Position of HT_Caster[HT_Count])
    • Set HT_Index = (HT_Index + 1)
    • Unit - Hide HT_Caster[HT_Count]
    • Unit - Turn collision for HT_Caster[HT_Count] Off
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer Loop_1[Loop_1_Count]) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count] = (HT_TempLoc[HT_Count] offset by (HT_Diameter[HT_Level] / 2.00) towards (45.00 x (Real(Loop_1[Loop_1_Count]))) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] facing (Angle from HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count] to HT_TempLoc[HT_Count]) degrees
          • Unit - Add Effect (+2) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count], facing (Angle from HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count] to HT_TempLoc[HT_Count]) degrees
          • Set HT_KeyId = (Key (Last created unit))
          • Set HT_Temp_Unit[Loop_1[Loop_1_Count]] = (Last created unit)
          • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to HT_Dummy_Group
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 35.00% transparency
          • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( GetLastCreatedUnit(), 14)
          • Hashtable - Save HT_Level as 0 of HT_KeyId in HT_Hash
          • Hashtable - Save HT_Count as 1 of HT_KeyId in HT_Hash
          • Hashtable - Save 0.00 as 2 of HT_KeyId in HT_Hash
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HT_TempLoc2[udg_HT_Count])
    • Unit - Move HT_Caster[HT_Count] instantly to HT_TempLoc[HT_Count]
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HT_TempLoc[udg_HT_Count])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HT_TempLoc3[udg_HT_Count])
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • HT_Index Equal to (==) 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Hassou Tobi Loops <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (HT_Dummy_Group is empty) Equal to (==) False
      • Then - Actions
        • Custom script: set udg_HT_KeyId = GetHandleId(udg_HT_Temp_Unit[udg_HT_Dummy_Int])
        • Set HT_DistX = (Load 2 of HT_KeyId from HT_Hash)
        • Set HT_Level = (Load 0 of HT_KeyId from HT_Hash)
        • Set HT_TempLoc[HT_Count] = (Position of HT_Temp_Unit[HT_Dummy_Int])
        • Set HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count] = (HT_TempLoc[HT_Count] offset by HT_DistX towards (Facing of HT_Temp_Unit[HT_Dummy_Int]) degrees)
        • Set HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] = (Position of HT_Caster[HT_Count])
            • If - Conditions
              • 270.00 Greater than (>) HT_DistX
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save (HT_DistX + 30.00) as 2 of HT_KeyId in HT_Hash
              • Unit - Move HT_Temp_Unit[HT_Dummy_Int] instantly to HT_TempLoc2[HT_Count]
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • HT_Dummy_Int Equal to (==) 8
                  • HT_Dummy_Int Greater than (>) 7
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set HT_Damage_Attri[HT_Count] = (HT_Damage_Attri_Multiply[HT_Level] x (Real((Agility of HT_Caster[HT_Count] (Include bonuses)))))
                  • Set HT_Damage_Total_Final[HT_Count] = (HT_Damage_Final[HT_Level] + HT_Damage_Attri[HT_Count])
                  • Set HT_TempGroup = (Units within 800.00 of HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of HT_Caster[HT_Count])) Equal to (==) False) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True)))
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in HT_TempGroup and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause HT_Caster[HT_Count] to damage (Picked unit), dealing HT_Damage_Total_Final[HT_Count] damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of HT_Caster[HT_Count]) at HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
                  • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (300.00%, 300.00%, 300.00%) of its original size
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Unit Group - Remove all units from HT_TempGroup
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_HT_TempGroup)
                  • Unit - Remove HT_Temp_Unit[HT_Dummy_Int] from the game
                  • Unit Group - Remove all units from HT_Dummy_Group
                  • Unit - Unhide HT_Caster[HT_Count]
                  • Unit - Turn collision for HT_Caster[HT_Count] On
                  • Selection - Select HT_Caster[HT_Count] for (Owner of HT_Caster[HT_Count])
                  • Set HT_Index = (HT_Index - 1)
                  • Set HT_Dummy_Int = 1
                  • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child HT_KeyId in HT_Hash
                      • If - Conditions
                        • HT_Index Less than or equal to (<=) 0
                      • Then - Actions
                        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                      • Else - Actions
                  • Skip remaining actions
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • HT_Dummy_Int Less than or equal to (<=) 7
                  • HT_Dummy_Int Less than (<) 8
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set HT_Damage_Attri[HT_Count] = (HT_Damage_Attri_Multiply[HT_Level] x (Real((Agility of HT_Caster[HT_Count] (Include bonuses)))))
                  • Set HT_Damage_Total_PS[HT_Count] = (HT_Damage_PS[HT_Level] + HT_Damage_Attri[HT_Count])
                  • Set HT_TempGroup = (Units within 800.00 of HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of HT_Caster[HT_Count])) Equal to (==) False) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True)))
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in HT_TempGroup and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause HT_Caster[HT_Count] to damage (Picked unit), dealing HT_Damage_Total_PS[HT_Count] damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of HT_Caster[HT_Count]) at HT_TempLoc3[HT_Count] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
                  • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (300.00%, 300.00%, 300.00%) of its original size
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Unit Group - Remove all units from HT_TempGroup
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_HT_TempGroup)
                  • Unit - Remove HT_Temp_Unit[HT_Dummy_Int] from the game
                  • Set HT_Dummy_Int = (HT_Dummy_Int + 1)
                  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( udg_HT_Temp_Unit[udg_HT_Dummy_Int], 7)
                • Else - Actions
      • Else - Actions
View attachment Hassou Tobi.w3x Spell isn't MUI yet, will make it MUI until I discover the mystery of range and stuff. PS: I accidentally use hero as dummy but this is just a test map.

what template? is this spell allready made?
No its not, this is my spell. I post it here because I'm trying to discover a mystery. XD BTW, Can i take your request but I'll finish it 2morrow? But pls follow the format given already by Malhorne :3

Use our template bro :)

@xAerox -> 0.0312500s period :)

Already did it :3

Level 7
who wana make my spell?
For the template : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2432917-post1.html

And someone will take it .

I'LL TAKE THE SPELL!!!!! :D

Whose request is Hassou Tobi!!??

I post it here to ask for help about the range and AOE thing :3 Sry about that..

AoE Damage 400

2. Timer on 3 seconds. Gona show red little text 3.2.1 then the explosion will be there.
3. You will see the bomb be there on the ground then disapair when explosion comes.

Can you do it?
How much is the AOE then? 400 too?

Last edited:
Level 24
Even with your "info" above, no one still has a single clue what this ability does.

Please be specific.

I'm going to try and help people understand it by asking you the necessary questions.

The player clicks a point within 1000 range, and the caster moves at 1500 movement to the point? ("3x scroll of speed", scroll of speed iirc gives max movement so 522x3?)

The caster gains 100% evasion?

The caster pushes/damages everyone(ally and enemy?) (You originally say air units but then change to all units then back to air, which is it?)

When you say it cannot be controlled by player (owner of the caster) but is in control of player, does that mean...it just cannot cast anything or attack but will still turn to face where its ordered to move?

How close do enemy units need to be to be knocked back. How far should they be knocked back, how fast should they be knocked back. Should the knock back destroy trees, should it stop on unwalkable terrain. Should units being knocked back be stunned. Should the damage be done in 1 burst shot or over the knock back duration.

This is most of the questions but please tell us explicit what you want, it makes it much easier for everyone. No one wants to waste time guessing what it is you want and you don't want to have to spend time guessing how to fix it to how you want.

1. Q. The player clicks a point within 1000 range, and the caster moves at 1500 movement to the point? ("3x scroll of speed", scroll of speed iirc gives max movement so 522x3?)
A. Yes, 1000 range, make it two scrolls(might be too much)

2. Q. The caster gains 100% evasion?
A. Yes, dodges every attacks

3. Q. The caster pushes/damages everyone(ally and enemy?) (You originally say air units but then change to all units then back to air, which is it?)
A. not the ally, air units(yeah, sorry for changing the air into everyone, didn't notice)

4. Q. When you say it cannot be controlled by player (owner of the caster) but is in control of player, does that mean...it just cannot cast anything or attack but will still turn to face where its ordered to move?
A. Yes, but don't turn the owner of caster into neutral(you could just add the Locust and then remove it when arrive at the point)

5. Q. How close do enemy units need to be to be knocked back. How far should they be knocked back, how fast should they be knocked back. Should the knock back destroy trees, should it stop on unwalkable terrain. Should units being knocked back be stunned. Should the damage be done in 1 burst shot or over the knock back duration.
A. Should be 100 range from caster. 150 range from caster. Just standard knock, the speed should half of a scroll of speed(maybe). Nope, it can not destroy trees, since air units cannot touch trees. If theres a pathing blocker or a black border. Just make them stunned for 0.75 sec. 1 burst shot.

Is that all.
If its too hard, i could cancel this one
("i could")

Level 7
IM DONE WITH THE SPELL!! !:D

AoE Damage 400

Can you do it?

I make the duration configurable, so you can set the duration to 5, 10, etc seconds but the default it 3 seconds. It's also MUI n it destroys everything.

The AOE Effect and damage is configurable, so you can set it easily.

If there is any problem or you don't want it to damage mechanical, builiding, etc. Then tell me, I'll make it for you.! :D

Wonder if I'd post it in the Hiveworkshop spell section XD

View attachment Shanghai - Bomb.w3x

No problem dude, just wait for another GUI guy to help.

:3

Level 14
Heavyl Strike
DDS: NES
Code Type: GUI
Spell Type: Hero/Unit
Target Type: Passive
Area of Effect: 0
Number of Levels: 5
Range: Hero Attack range
Duration: 0
Mana Cost: 0
Cooldown: 2
Chance: 15%
In-game Description: The unit has a chance to strike a powerful hit.
How the spell works: 15% Do 2/3/4/5/6 Str + Unit Base Damage

Level 7
Heavyl Strike

Anyone taking this? If not, I could TRY to do this one.

The caster will gain 2/3/4/5/6 Str or 2/3/4/5/6 Str was use to damage the enemy? Or 2/3/4/5/6 * Str?
Will the bonus attack stack with the normal or just deal the bonus damage?

Level 18
Heavyl Strike

If you're using DDS why are you asking for GUI spell oO ?
Anyway Nes DDS is hard to use xD

Level 14
Anyone taking this? If not, I could TRY to do this one.

The caster will gain 2/3/4/5/6 Str or 2/3/4/5/6 Str was use to damage the enemy? Or 2/3/4/5/6 * Str?
Will the bonus attack stack with the normal or just deal the bonus damage?

Caster will do 2/3/4/5/6 str + caster damage. to enemy.
Damage = Caster Str X ( 1 + caster level ) + Caster Damage.
The damage will stacked with the normal ( it can critical hit )
Btw, what every dds is fine. :V i'm done with terrain + unit. now is item. trigger come last.
also. i need a version that it not stacked with normal ( just bonus damage ) to make for int unit.

Last edited:
Level 8
Null Field

DDS: N/A
Spell Type: Unit
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 625
Number of Levels: 1
Range: 900
Duration: 10
Cooldown: 13
In-game Description: Creates a Null Field across a target area. any units who enter the field take 70 damage per second and have their armor reduced by 7.

How the spell works: Creates a Null Field across a target area. any units who enter the field take 70 damage per second and have their armor reduced by 7.

Level 14
Btw, what every dds is fine. :V i'm done with terrain + unit. now is item. trigger come last.
also. i need a version that it not stacked with normal ( just bonus damage ) to make for int unit.

Forgot one more thing. i need the damage show on the target.

Level 7
If you're using DDS why are you asking for GUI spell oO ?
Anyway Nes DDS is hard to use xD

Forgot one more thing. i need the damage show on the target.

So would I be needed to use NES DDS? Because I could use that dds n get the damage n store it n then modify it as the bonus damage :3

Null Field

DDS: N/A
Spell Type: Unit
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 625
Number of Levels: 1
Range: 900
Duration: 10
Cooldown: 13
In-game Description: Creates a Null Field across a target area. any units who enter the field take 70 damage per second and have their armor reduced by 7.

How the spell works: Creates a Null Field across a target area. any units who enter the field take 70 damage per second and have their armor reduced by 7.

I'll take this spell too. :D Will be expected to finish tomorrow cuz its late here :3 BTW, what model you want to use as special effect?

this is realy good workshop! I got my spell less then 1 day. keep up the good work!

Thank you! :D We shall not let you down!! 8D

Level 7
Creator updated his box.
You can use what DDS you want (I recommend looking_for_help's one)
Can you send me the link of LFH DDS? ^^" Would it be find to use different DDS? @_@

Okay :) Do you want me to make it level configurable? So you could add level easily? @_@

And how long is the duration of the debuff? 10 seconds also?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.