• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kawaii Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
We do not do cinematics :)
For systems : it is a DDS using floating text.

i didnt mean cinematic like that,

its just a spells (hmm difficult to say it)
just like this spells http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1PiBnHDAzI (the 4th spells)

the 4th skills, i mean can here make some spells like that, turn around and fly or from up slash..

thanks again :thumbs_up:

edit : here the 4th skills ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAJtPrOSH4 )
the 4th skills 1:10 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a7Es4Nwf9k )

Last edited:
Level 2
ya correct, but its just an example... i'll make my version of skills like that.. okay?

edit : can i request 2 skills at once? and take it private?

Last edited:
Level 2
You can put many skills at the same time.

okay i take 2 skills for now..
there are skills is Mikasa Ackerman

the 1th :
3D Manuever Combo

Code Type: I prevent GUI/MUI
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: Single Target
Area of Effect: 0
Number of Levels: 1
Mana Cost: 175
Cooldown: 140
Damage : 10xAgi
Cast time : 1s (it can be canceled if still 0.9s below, if that possible :p)
In-game Description: -
How the spell works: As the spells move pause 1 and 2, no invulnerable

After cast, Mikasa (1) move to front of the target (2)
then 1 slash the 2, 2 fly to the sky 600/700 height,
then 1 fly into front of 2 and move semi circle,
until 1 be behind the 2 then slow motion slash the 2..
deal damage and 2 go down and explode (explode and dustwave sfx)
-add dust effect at mikasa fly/circle flying
-blood effect at mikasa slash

7b8a.png

2th spell :
Rage Combo

Code Type: GUI/MUI
Spell Type: Unit
Target Type: Single Target
Area of Effect: 0
Mana Cost: 195
Cooldown: 185
Cast : 1s
Damage : 12xAgi
In-game Description: -
How the spell works: As the spells move pause 1 and 2, no invulnerable
Can understand?? :ogre_haosis:

Level 13
khoyokiko request finished: Rage Combo

Changelog:
v1.0 - Initial version
v1.1 - Fixed several things and more configurable variables

Attachments

• Rage Combo v1.0.w3x
    57.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Rage Combo v1.1.w3x
    62.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Level 2

khoyokiko request finished: Rage Combo

What i missed:
When doing the air attacks, the caster doesn't attack in vertical circle like you showed, but in horizontal circle...understand?:goblin_boom::ogre_icwydt:

It's late night here... (10:16 PM)
Perhaps i'll still need to fix this tomorrow...:ogre_rage:

Perhaps you should watch the video too (4th skill) -,-
what wrong is, make caster moving rotate like the video, not fast like yours
caster rotating circle is not sticking with the enemy but have a distance like the schemes, and not so fast hit,

so the caster rotate circle 1/4 then attack, rotate 1/4 attack
after that after she flew up and slash target

btw, thanks for making it too :thumbs_up:
hope it can be fixed :grin:

Level 16
Rotating the hero malhorne, like with a missile, at launch it is facing the sky, then after half the distance, starts facing the ground as it is landing (it's not exactly what the example is like but that is the idea of what it needs - which is impossible (lua?))

Level 22
Just wait patiently, we don't have the same local time, so his time is not the same as yours. Also that spell of yours is already a cinematic spell.

Level 2
impure strike

DDS: ?
Code Type: GUI
Target Type: Passive
Area of Effect: N/A
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
In-game Description: impurely strikes enemies which will give you 6+ damage for every stack you gain from the attacks. stacks up to 6 and upon striking on the sixth time, you will gain 25 hp + unit level.

How the spell works: when unit attacks, gains 1 stack per attack and gives 6+ damage to unit, on the sixth attack it gives 25 hp + unit level and then reverts back to 0 stacks.
if you guys think this is a joke, it is not lol xD

Last edited:
Level 13
@khoyokiko
If doing rotate like you showed from the second scheme, impossible, but if rotating like what the caster did on the first move to the target, it's still possible...
in other words, making caster move and attack above target's head or below target's foot is impossible...i make the caster move and attack just around the target on the air...
Agree?

and sorry, i didn't move the caster smoothly, cuz i was feeling so sleepy when making that spell...^^"

Level 10
impure strike

DDS: ?
In-game Description: impurely strikes enemies which will give you 6+ damage for every stack you gain from the attacks. stacks up to 6 and upon striking on the sixth time, you will gain 25 hp + unit level.

How the spell works: when unit attacks, gains 1 stack per attack and gives 6+ damage to unit, on the sixth attack it gives 25 hp + unit level and then reverts back to 0 stacks.
if you guys think this is a joke, it is not lol xD

It is possible, i think. I saw this kind of thing before:) It is a passive (hopefully), that gives bonus damage to the attacking unit, making each hit even more painful than before. It's kinda similar to Troll Warlord's skill in DotA, only that it is attack speed gain.

Level 2
It is possible, i think. I saw this kind of thing before:) It is a passive (hopefully), that gives bonus damage to the attacking unit, making each hit even more painful than before. It's kinda similar to Troll Warlord's skill in DotA, only that it is attack speed gain.

yes very similar but no i don't like DotA much. played a few times then quit, people on my team always gets upset because i am a noob (lol xD).

You should clarify which units receives the damage and which unit needs to attack, etc.
What's a joke in there, by the way?

oh sorry, it's referring to DotA's Troll Warlord's skill. sorry also if it wasn't clear lol.

Level 2
@khoyokiko
If doing rotate like you showed from the second scheme, impossible, but if rotating like what the caster did on the first move to the target, it's still possible...
in other words, making caster move and attack above target's head or below target's foot is impossible...i make the caster move and attack just around the target on the air...
Agree?

and sorry, i didn't move the caster smoothly, cuz i was feeling so sleepy when making that spell...^^"

maybe caster fly more higher then the target?

and btw how about my 1th skill request?

Level 24
From spasorc, he said he found the spell here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/floating-text-damage-spells-v2-188456/?prev=search%3Dfloating%2520damage%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

But its just the health, and its still awaiting update

So i'll be requesting a system
that shows a number on how much damage, regen health, regen mana, mana lost on ability, low on health, low on mana and critical strike damage (if possible)

It'll be either Jass or VJass (your choice)
Does this need template?

Level 13
@khoyokiko
yeah caster fly higher than target, but the animation will looks ugly, and making the caster to face target when he fly higher is impossible (i think)...
But remember this is some kind of suggestion from me... :)

Level 22
You must mean the SetUnitLookAt one? Haven't tried that one, but I remember grim tested it and it has issues (I forgot).

Level 2
@khoyokiko
yeah caster fly higher than target, but the animation will looks ugly, and making the caster to face target when he fly higher is impossible (i think)...
But remember this is some kind of suggestion from me... :)

otherwise, caster fly higher then target to 50/100 distance in behind facing target (maybe it works)

Level 8
HyperCannon

DDS: N/A
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 150
Mana Cost: 0
Cooldown: 14
In-game Description: ?NA?
How the spell works: unleash a laser in front the caster...it pushes enemies away and cuts down trees. the damage is 500 magical damage

the laser like this....

[Caster] ------------------------------------------------------------>

Level 18
From spasorc, he said he found the spell here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/floating-text-damage-spells-v2-188456/?prev=search%3Dfloating%2520damage%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

But its just the health, and its still awaiting update

So i'll be requesting a system
that shows a number on how much damage, regen health, regen mana, mana lost on ability, low on health, low on mana and critical strike damage (if possible)

It'll be either Jass or VJass (your choice)
Does this need template?

Please use your template ...
And give more explanation like what kind of funcs do you want ect...

Level 18
Bladestorm

DDS: None
Code Type: No matter
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: n/a
Area of Effect: 100
Mana Cost: 1000
Cooldown: 30
In-game Description: n/a
How the spell works: It's similar to Bladestorm but with some extra effects. Any enemy that comes within 100 AOE of Blademaster while spell is activated gets sucked into his storm. Enemy units take damage over time inside the storm. See mini game The Predator for a visual details.

Last edited:
Level 24
Ohh finaly

Floating DDS

DDS: ????(Does it need?)
Code Type: Jass or vJass(your choice)
Spell Type: System
Target Type: N/A
Number of Levels: N/A
In-game Description: N/A
How the spell works: This is a system that when a hero is attack, mana regen, health regen, mana loss, critical, low on mana and low on health(this two shows when the hero is low on health and mana). It shows floating numbers on how many damage, mana regen, health regen etc. The damage and critical can only be shown on all units while the others shows only on heroes.
A reply to Malhorne

Level 23
Ohh finaly

Floating DDS

DDS: ????(Does it need?)
Code Type: Jass or vJass(your choice)
Spell Type: System
Target Type: N/A
Number of Levels: N/A
In-game Description: N/A
How the spell works: This is a system that when a hero is attack, mana regen, health regen, mana loss, critical, low on mana and low on health(this two shows when the hero is low on health and mana). It shows floating numbers on how many damage, mana regen, health regen etc. The damage and critical can only be shown on all units while the others shows only on heroes.
A reply to Malhorne

This definitely needs a DDS.

Level 2
impure strike

DDS: any if needed
In-game Description: impurely strikes enemies which will give you 7+ damage for every stack you gain from the attacks. stacks up to 8 and upon striking on the 8th time, you will gain 32 hp + unit level.

How the spell works: when unit "A" attacks unit "B", Unit "A" gains 1 stack per attack and gives 7+ damage to unit "A",it can only stack to 8, on the 8th attack it gives 32 hp + level of unit "A" and then reverts back to 0 stacks.
i have an edit to make. there a little more understandable spell.

Level 8
hi, i know this is not the place to ask, but i really don't want you making an spell for me, rather just fixing one. i'll paste the triggers here, and i have to ask you to share ideas on how to fix them. i'd be thankful if you fix them for me though.
is free btw, isnt it? :D
  • Thunder form
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Staton Form
    • Actions
      • Set DashInteger[1] = (DashInteger[1] + 1)
      • Set DashCaster[DashInteger[1]] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CastinHeroAgi = (Real((Agility of DashCaster[DashInteger[1]] (Include bonuses))))
      • Set CastinHeroInt = (Real((Intelligence of DashCaster[DashInteger[1]] (Include bonuses))))
      • Set HellionboltLvl = (Level of Staton Form for DashCaster[1])
      • Set Region = (Region centered at (Position of (Casting unit)) with size (500.00, 500.00))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of (Owner of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region owned by (Picked player)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (0.50 x ((CastinHeroAgi + CastinHeroInt) x (Real(HellionboltLvl)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set CHANCE = (10 x HellionboltLvl)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Justtorollhellionspell Less than or equal to CHANCE
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Casting unit): Add 1
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads |CFF009900 +1 AGI |... above (Casting unit) with Z offset 70.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 34.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set DashSpeed[DashInteger[1]] = (Current movement speed of DashCaster[DashInteger[1]])
      • Set Thunderduration[DashInteger[1]] = (3 + HellionboltLvl)
      • Unit - Set DashCaster[DashInteger[1]] movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + (100.00 x (Real(HellionboltLvl))))
      • Unit - Turn collision for DashCaster[DashInteger[1]] Off
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\FarseerMissile\FarseerMissile.mdl
      • Set Specialeffecthunder[DashInteger[1]] = (Last created special effect)
      • Animation - Change DashCaster[DashInteger[1]]'s animation speed to 200.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change DashCaster[DashInteger[1]]'s vertex coloring to (60.00%, 60.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
      • Trigger - Turn on Thunder form loop <gen>
the loop trigger
  • Thunder form loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer DashInteger[2]) from 1 to DashInteger[1], do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Thunderduration[DashInteger[2]] = (Thunderduration[DashInteger[2]] - 1)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Thunderduration[DashInteger[2]] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Turn collision for DashCaster[DashInteger[2]] On
              • Animation - Change DashCaster[DashInteger[2]]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
              • Animation - Change DashCaster[DashInteger[2]]'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
              • Special Effect - Destroy Specialeffecthunder[DashInteger[2]]
              • Unit - Set DashCaster[DashInteger[2]] movement speed to DashSpeed[DashInteger[2]]
              • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            • Else - Actions
i know this looks really bad, cuz i didnt know anything about MUI and just copied triggers from another spell, dash, and it didnt work. can someone fix this for me?

Level 16
I'm on mobile so i can't give the reason why it doesn't work, besides, i am not so good at indexing xD

Nevertheless, after creating a special effect, destroy it:
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)
And do not pick units like this, you should either store them into a variable, or add the following line before picking units:
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
EDIT: Oh my.. 700th comment xD

Status
Not open for further replies.