• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I have two major words for you: Multiple Difficulties

You definitely improved the map a lot, and the skills are nice for a hero with a large army to manage. Save points are a lot more balanced. Tomes and rescues are actually kind of fun to achieve, but the rescued units make the game ridiculously easy (not to mention how powerful the hero gets after the first artifact is found).

If you don't want to go in and balance every little detail of the game, you can just add harder difficulties which increase the HP of enemies and maybe give them some global auras (one dummy unit with auras which range throughout the map) to strengthen them too.
I don't see anything :eekani:

Thanks, game is not hard yet because necromancers and Arch necromancers doesnt have yet their skills. If they have they can revive creeps so fast that it will make the game a little harder. But maybe I'll plan of something more, thanks for the comment!

Level 25
Ill be droping out of this contest, entry isnt really going anywhere.

Sad to see you drop out, your map was looking promising.

Today I've finally made some progress on my map:
- New building/upgrading system, things like weather and spells affect building speed.
- Weather system that affects resources, terrain
- More spells for the player

I'll probably upload it later today.

Level 19
Yo guys, I encountered some trigger problems and stopped working on my entry, but I guess I could just ask you how to fix it?
I want to start a cinematic when three picked units have been slain, but I can't get it work for some reason. Anyone willing to tell me what to do? :)

Level 21
Yo guys, I encountered some trigger problems and stopped working on my entry, but I guess I could just ask you how to fix it?
I want to start a cinematic when three picked units have been slain, but I can't get it work for some reason. Anyone willing to tell me what to do? :)
  • Three Unit Deaths = Cinematic
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to FirstUnit
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to SecondUnit
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to ThirdUnit
      • (FirstUnit is dead) Equal to True
      • (SecondUnit is dead) Equal to True
      • (ThirdUnit is dead) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)

Level 30
WiP #7 here! Here are some screenshots showing you the new achievments added, changed tileset to Dalaran Ruins, and the boss battle with the 3rd and 4th Boss, Sapphirion and Lich.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Feedbacks are appreciated!

Attachments

• Gameplay Screenshot 18.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 18.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 9,302
  • Gameplay Screenshot 19.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 19.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 9,261
  • Gameplay Screenshot 20.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 20.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 9,260
  • Gameplay Screenshot 21.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 21.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 9,164
  • Gameplay Screenshot 22.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 22.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 9,129
  • Gameplay Screenshot 23.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 23.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 9,022
  • Gameplay Screenshot 24.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 24.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 9,049
Level 30
Wow you made so much progress; good for you! I want to play it!

Thanks, I am really gonna finish it and to add more fun, maybe I'll add also a Quizmaster in the Safe Area of the Castle. By finishing it, grants lots of rewards and also you can finish a certain Achievement.

In the next WiP, I will be showing the last Boss, the Death Lord and of course with a different battle soundtrack.

Thanks for the support!

Level 10
I'm not gonna to give up this contest but just delayed abit !!! :ogre_hurrhurr:
I will upload the screenshots as soon as possible O.0
I don't care I have finish my map or not. . .
Screenshots : None

No screenshots, no map, what type of liar is me ?

Last edited:
Level 14
Well, I been slacking a lot lately, have not been able to work on my map at all and since nobody gave me some feedback from last time I posted up a playable WIP I am going to post it again, please some feedback! I have not touched the map since I posted this and I will work on it tonight so feedback please!

Keeper of Souls v1.1a

Your buildings are scattered. The whole game starts immediately. I can't neither read spell tooltips nor get to know the units,upgrades,buildings scattered across the map.

The lost souls seem to wander directly into the main base (where the endless flames are) and I just positioned my hero there. Nothing was trained, nothing was upgraded... I only used the flame stomp and got 100 souls in a simple autoattacking matter.

No quest log, no credit list.

Too many fire,burning, flame light...etc effects on the map. It's enough to put glow and lava cracks and fire here and there at a few spots and not torment my pc with overused effects.

I did gather the souls once and I did notice the timer resets. Sooo ... what changes after each reset? Do I get something extra, do the enemy become stronger? A few low health footmen were hardly a challenge.

Level 21
Definitely looks like you made a ton of progress on the overall map :thumbs_up: But boss dialogues seem a bit silly. Chronos seems to enjoy the word 'fools' a bit too much. I also don't think a huge bone dragon would be second-guessing himself saying 'I guess...'. Just minor things, but I feel that creatures like that should have a confident and commanding presence without even saying much. An example would be something as simple as a one-line catchphrase like the Butcher from the original Diablo game. "Ahh, fresh meat."
Well, I been slacking a lot lately, have not been able to work on my map at all and since nobody gave me some feedback from last time I posted up a playable WIP I am going to post it again, please some feedback! I have not touched the map since I posted this and I will work on it tonight so feedback please!
Honestly, I liked your older version better (or at least the first round of it). I get how the footmen are supposed to be like a trial round or something, but the first playable version gave a free round to set proper bases up without having to worry about constantly defending. It's hard enough collecting all the souls required as it is for people that haven't repeatedly played the game. Yes, challenging is good and all, but we still need time to ease into the game. After that, the difficulty should increase to footmen and then the original round 2 from your first version.
OK, here's my WIP. Please, give comments on everything.
The skill was a bit glitchy and caused me to aim toward areas there weren't any living destructibles because it targets dead destructibles as well. You have a lot of trigger leaks (mostly point locations that haven't been set as a variable/removed--you did say to comment on everything :xxd:).

I'm not sure why I'm finding keys just to sell them. Maybe a good replacement would be to dig for buried treasure at certain locations to find valuables or just plain and simple gold.

It's too convenient to buy other things than the storage house when resources are so scarce. It would be better to disable them until the storage house is built (sort of like a tech tree). I still couldn't buy the storage house without cheats even after doing everything properly (or so I thought?). I was 50 lumber shy of being able to buy it.

Chickens shouldn't be sold for resources due to being an infinite supply. I racked up tens of thousands of resources in only a couple minutes. I do like how chickens are stocked by using them by the storage, but there should be instructions for doing it as well as for the rest of the quests.

Quest updates worked fine but need to be more descriptive and specific. Terrain is alright for a map like this. I'm not sure what use stats or levels are for the hero, especially since nothing increases experience up to the egg part. And I also had absolutely no idea how to collect eggs, so I got stuck there.

Level 30
Definitely looks like you made a ton of progress on the overall map :thumbs_up: But boss dialogues seem a bit silly. Chronos seems to enjoy the word 'fools' a bit too much. I also don't think a huge bone dragon would be second-guessing himself saying 'I guess...'. Just minor things, but I feel that creatures like that should have a confident and commanding presence without even saying much. An example would be something as simple as a one-line catchphrase like the Butcher from the original Diablo game. "Ahh, fresh meat."
Honestly, I liked your older version better (or at least the first round of it). I get how the footmen are supposed to be like a trial round or something, but the first playable version gave a free round to set proper bases up without having to worry about constantly defending. It's hard enough collecting all the souls required as it is for people that haven't repeatedly played the game. Yes, challenging is good and all, but we still need time to ease into the game. After that, the difficulty should increase to footmen and then the original round 2 from your first version.
The skill was a bit glitchy and caused me to aim toward areas there weren't any living destructibles because it targets dead destructibles as well. You have a lot of trigger leaks (mostly point locations that haven't been set as a variable/removed--you did say to comment on everything :xxd:).

I'm not sure why I'm finding keys just to sell them. Maybe a good replacement would be to dig for buried treasure at certain locations to find valuables or just plain and simple gold.

It's too convenient to buy other things than the storage house when resources are so scarce. It would be better to disable them until the storage house is built (sort of like a tech tree). I still couldn't buy the storage house without cheats even after doing everything properly (or so I thought?). I was 50 lumber shy of being able to buy it.

Chickens shouldn't be sold for resources due to being an infinite supply. I racked up tens of thousands of resources in only a couple minutes. I do like how chickens are stocked by using them by the storage, but there should be instructions for doing it as well as for the rest of the quests.

Quest updates worked fine but need to be more descriptive and specific. Terrain is alright for a map like this. I'm not sure what use stats or levels are for the hero, especially since nothing increases experience up to the egg part. And I also had absolutely no idea how to collect eggs, so I got stuck there.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be changing the dialogues. =)

I also feel that dialogues for those two bosses sounds so silly. Thanks for feedback. You deserve some +4 REP, bro!

Level 19
Okay, here's the second WiP from me. I probably won't make it in time, but whatever, it's fun to work with the World Editor again :)
If the plot seems confusing, let me explain that it is based 100% on the now-dead Hive RP the Daily Peon. Also tried a single line of voice acting - planning to do it for the whole thing ^^
174866-albums3028-picture69602.png
174866-albums3028-picture69603.png
174866-albums3028-picture69604.png
Ideas, constructive criticism, feedback and suggestions are all very welcome :)

Attachments

• The Adventures of Am'ar Gardos.w3x
    322.4 KB · Views: 66
Level 25
Okay, here's the second WiP from me. I probably won't make it in time, but whatever, it's fun to work with the World Editor again :)
If the plot seems confusing, let me explain that it is based 100% on the now-dead Hive RP the Daily Peon. Also tried a single line of voice acting - planning to do it for the whole thing ^^
174866-albums3028-picture69602.png
174866-albums3028-picture69603.png
174866-albums3028-picture69604.png
Ideas, constructive criticism, feedback and suggestions are all very welcome :)

I didn't like how it's basically just an RPG fetch quest, but the theme, terrain and feel of it is good.

Level 19
Thanks guys :)
I asked some to help me with triggers and others to help with voice acting. None did anything yet, but I just wanted to make sure.. that's considered cheating, right? Or can it be accepted if only they do not touch the map? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.