• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Companion: To the Underworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Will crafting be based on chance or not?

I wonder, might frustrate people when crafting with gold ore and other rare materials failed.

I know you are going to add this anyway, add text after crafting is done.

Yup

A system you could add is a smithing level of some sort. You will only be able to create high-quality items by having a high smithing skill.

Well it is a nice idea, might complicate stuffs for me though and I kinda hate complicated stuffs
211785-albums5481-picture65563.gif

Level 12
I wonder, might frustrate people when crafting with gold ore and other rare materials failed.

Yup

Well it is a nice idea, might complicate stuffs for me though and I kinda hate complicated stuffs
211785-albums5481-picture65563.gif

Make chances go up with the smithing level, though it's your call anyways.

No response to this.

Got bored thinking of what to say. So I'll just say good luck.

Level 28
How about either making the materials for top tier items rare or extremely expensive? This is sort of a cheap workaround to the smithing level.

Well this is my current plan. The stuffs only available on the shops are low quality woods, leather, clothe, rope etc. The rest is either to be mine or to find. Its a semi-sand box map so I guess its a lot better.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Level 30
Well this is my current plan. The stuffs only available on the shops are low quality woods, leather, clothe, rope etc. The rest is either to be mined or to found. Its a semi-sand box map so I guess its a lot better.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Well, how about make those Common items chance of being crafted 100% but as the weapon grows stronger or maybe a weapon of high quality, make the chance somehow not perfect or even low chance to craft.

Level 28
Well there is currently a bug on the crafting system I'm currently looking for a work around(when you throw a stacked materials on the crafting box it will it all the items). The way I triggered it is simple but effective but it limits the add-on I can implement. Do you know the recipe item on dota? Its just like that, just a little bit sexier.

Level 28
^
The way I used it. You know just thinking out of the box.

Anyway just quoting what I told you on your profile so everyone can see it.

Forgot to tell this on the thread so I'm posting it here.

The % for crafting might not fit because mining ores already have % of success and the pickexe you use for mining cost some gold.

EDIT:

Screenshot of me mining ;D

The mining spot:

attachment.php

Me after getting some stuffs

I first got a iron ore then a tin ore before getting a trash. The mining of Iron, Tin and Steel have a 33% chance of success.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 117
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 136
Level 30
Minecraft 3D :D

Hey I got suggestion maybe, a simple one. But first a question, will your mining involve like this situation: You go to a near rock chunks and when you use your mining ability, it will crush the rock and will give or drop you a random ore or stone. Is your mine ability like that? If yes, I got a suggestion, make secret areas on game that can be only discovered by mining deeper throught the rock chunks. These secret areas might contains lots of ores or stones, maybe artifact equipments (this means stronger equips and is quite rare), lots of gold (game's currency) and more....

Last edited:
Level 28
Will get my Internet back soon, just paid the fucking bill today so I might get it tomorrow. Get ready to get rape with more simple awesomeness(Does this two word work together?).

Actually Chapter 1 is done. So maybe I can upload it after I fix some grammars and timings on some cinematic.

In other news here is a event happened on the history of the Companions in AoS style! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/chronicles-darkness-1-4-a-236389/?prev=status=p

Level 28
Man!!! you're a modding machine!!! looks great so far!!! Please keep the good work ;D

Thanks! Chapter 1(Demo Map) is pretty much done just need to fix some grammars here and there, some dialogue/camera timing and the item tooltips but I was really focus on my current AoS map in the pending section so I haven't got the time to work on those stuffs. Damn.

Just let me get Chronicles of Darkness in to a stable version and I'll focus back to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.