• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Hide" Ability - Retain Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Now I know you can hide an ability from the unit's UI by using Player - Enable/Disable Ability function BUT, when we use this, this function will apply to all units of that Player, which is not what I wanted.

I wanted to hide the ability (and still retain its cooldown) for a single unit.

Now I heard you can hide a Channel ability by setting its level to max+1 which will hide the ability.

This of course, can affect single unit but the problem is, the cooldown is not retained.

How can I hide a unit's ability while retaining its cooldown ?

Level 33
Learning an ability event can be caught with triggers. The level can be decremented and the skill point can be given back if you need that.
Sorry for late reply.

But won't this look "ridiculous" to end user to see "Hey, I can still level up this ability, let's see what it does", BOOM !
Nothing happens and you have an extra 1 Skill Point in your Hero UI.
It would defeat the "background process" purpose.

I'd try to stick with WaterKnight's ANeg solution.

Level 13
WaterKnights trick is very useful, however could you possibly just use a dummy spell based on channel with visible off to level up your ability? When dummy ability is leveled up, if level is less than 1, add real, otherwise skill up. And then just set the ability to max+1 TO hide real ability? That way you would never see it in the skill tree?

Level 33
WaterKnights trick is very useful, however could you possibly just use a dummy spell based on channel with visible off to level up your ability? When dummy ability is leveled up, if level is less than 1, add real, otherwise skill up. And then just set the ability to max+1 TO hide real ability? That way you would never see it in the skill tree?

As I have explained this situation in my previous post.

The levelling of the spell would be messed up.
Also, the damage of the spell will also be messed up if the spell uses current level of the ability's level as point of reference such as damage, aoe, duration, etc.

Let me try to rephrase your statement.

You mean if your spell has 4 levels, you should make it as 5 levels, as last level would be the hidden visibility, right ?
So, if you have levelled up that ability up until Level 4, and you have 1 more Skill Point to use, when you open the Level Up Ability window, you will see that it has extra level - thus ruining the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.