• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2D Art Mini-Contests: A Cursor's ®obe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
normalcursor.jpg
Final Entry
targetcursor.jpg

attachment.php
by kari0003

Screenshots Uploaded!

I might edit this post with minor changes while the contest is on. :wink:

Attachments

• CavCursor.jpg
    CavCursor.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,469
  • CursorWIP1.jpg
    CursorWIP1.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 242
  • CursorWIP2.jpg
    CursorWIP2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 219
  • CursorWIP3.jpg
    CursorWIP3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 191
  • CursorWIP4.jpg
    CursorWIP4.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 202
  • CursorWIP5.jpg
    CursorWIP5.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Level 35
Okay, done with the cursor icons :wwink: Inspired by my entry to the hero contest 6 I decided to focus on fire. Hence a fireglove, something like a fire/electricity target and a fire arrow as transport arrow.

My Final Entry to 2D Art Mini-Contests: A Cursor's ®obe

I consider it looks quite good:
The_Fire_Hand.jpg

Download the blp here: View attachment TheFireHandSet.blp
Download the tga here: View attachment TheFireHandSet.tga

Ingame shots:
Ingame.jpg

WIP's:
First.jpg
Second.jpg
Third.jpg
Third.jpg
Fourth.jpg
Fifth.jpg
Sixth.jpg
Seventh.jpg
Eight.jpg
Ninth.jpg

A path to test it would be: UI\Cursor\HumanCursor.blp

Ps. I like how the hands in your example looks, had hoped to get similar detail to mine, but time is a bitch :wsmile:

Last edited:
I see. You created a very crips and clean cursor, allthough I am no fan of such harsh pixel work myself.
The animations you created for both the main cursor and the ping version are very well done, especially the latter. Very fluent. How did you alpha that part?

It's unfortunate that the background behind the phoenix turns completely black when pointed on enemy units or structures, but that can't be helped.

Overall, this is a very solid work, featuring your own style and fitting the Bloodelven Race perfectly.

I see. You created a very crips and clean cursor, allthough I am no fan of such harsh pixel work myself.
The animations you created for both the main cursor and the ping version are very well done, especially the latter. Very fluent. How did you alpha that part?

It's unfortunate that the background behind the phoenix turns completely black when pointed on enemy units or structures, but that can't be helped.

Overall, this is a very solid work, featuring your own style and fitting the Bloodelven Race perfectly.

In fact, i sketched the main cursor at 300x300 and the others at 100x100. Difficulty(as was to be expected)started after i shrunk it. Indeed, it was a damn job to finish everything at 32x32. But u know that, u made it too, and urs came out pretty damn good. ;)

Last edited:
Alright. Dentothor has asked me for a complete list of entries, and it won't hurt to post it here aswell:

Final Entries

owenfitz, can you provide proof that your entry consists of your own creations and does not include any copypasted material from other sources?

Level 6
Alright. Dentothor has asked me for a complete list of entries, and it won't hurt to post it here aswell:

Final Entries

owenfitz, can you provide proof that your entry consists of your own creations and does not include any copypasted material from other sources?

Unfotunately i cannot anymore. as i told DSgamer, who i was working on a project with, my computer got virused and i have lost all my warcraft related files. i will not be participating on hive anymore so go ahead and remove my entry if you like.

Unfotunately i cannot anymore. as i told DSgamer, who i was working on a project with, my computer got virused and i have lost all my warcraft related files. i will not be participating on hive anymore so go ahead and remove my entry if you like.

Let him get a chance, its not the best entry any way

Status
Not open for further replies.