• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #6 - The First Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Here is my newest update. I still have to test and do balancing.

Serengale, The Holy Paladin

BTNArthas.gif

pasauraoflight.jpg

Cleansing Presence

Passive: The Holy Paladin has a cleansing aura about him. Nearby allies will be healed per second and nearby enemies will be damaged per second.
The effects of Purging Bolt and Penance will be amplified on units that are affected by this aura.
Area of effect: 450.

Level 1: 2HP/s heal and damage; 15% amplification
Level 2: 3HP/s heal and damage; 20% amplification
Level 3: 4HP/s heal and damage; 25% amplification

btnsoothingbolt.jpg

Purging Bolt
Active: The Holy Paladin conjures a bolt of holy energy and sends it to an allied or enemy unit.
If the target is an ally it will be healed and receive a damage and armour bonus.
If the target is an enemy, it will be damaged and have its attack damage and armour reduced.
The bolt bounces to nearby alllies of the target, applying the same effect.

Level 1: 80HP heal/damage; 15% damage and 2 armour bonus/penalty; 4 bounces
Level 2: 160HP heal/damage; 25% damage and 3 armour bonus/penalty; 7 bounces
Level 3: 240HP heal/damage; 35% damage and 4 armour bonus/penalty; 10 bounces

Cooldown: 7 seconds.

holybolt.gif

Penance
Active: The Holy Paladin channels a surge of energy and spreads it to all nearby units.
If it is an ally it will be healed and if it is an enemy it will be damaged.
Area of effect: 400.

Level 1: 50HP heal; 75 damage
Level 2: 100HP heal; 150 damage
Level 3: 150HP heal; 225 damage

Cooldown: 13 seconds.

btnorboflight.jpg

DIVINE FIELD
Active: The Holy Paladin creates a field of holy energy at the target area.
Enemies that enter the field have their attack speed reduced by 25% and their attack speed reduced by 50%.
The Holy Paladin also gains 10 bonus attack damage depending on how many units are in the field.
Field lasts for 10 seconds.
Area of effect: 400.

Cooldown: 45 seconds.

Level 33
MY Hero:

Druid of the Ages,Rovlen

"Manipulating storms,creating mass cyclones,levitating rocks and throwing them to my enemies,summoning thousands of wisps to aid us in battle,that is how i got my name.I surpassed my abilities of controlling just a cyclone by training inside the storms and levitating rocks by practicing with the son of Cenarius,Malfurion.Though i would look like different to others,i will guide you to victory.Remember this name,Rovlen."

Abilities:
1.Ancient Power
Levitates 2/3/4/5 rocks around Rovlen and guards him.If an enemy unit comes within 500 distance from Rovlen,the rock will throw itself towards the unit,exploding and dealing 100 AoE damage.Damage AoE is 250.Rock sphere lasts for 10 seconds
2.Spirit of the Wind.
Summons cyclone whirling around the target point,pulling units towards inside and trapping the units.If a unit touches a cyclone,the unit will be thrown 500 units inward and will take 12.5/25/37.5/50 damage.Lasts for 3/4/5/6 seconds and has a touch AoE by 500.
3.Thunder Storm
Rovlen calls for the essence of the storm,creating mass thunder bolts around him which strike every 0.25 seconds dealing 20/30/40/50 damage per impact in a 250 damage AoE.
Thunder Storm has a 750 AoE.Lasts for 5/6/7/8 seconds.
4.Ritual of the Ancients
Summons a tower of lunar energy emitted by the White Lady towards the target point which commands the wisps to form a ritual.The tower then creates leash on units that come within 600 range of the tower.If a unit is an enemy,the unit will receive 20/30/40 damage x the no. of allied leashed unit of the tower,else,the unit will be healed by 20/30/40 hp x the no. of enemy leashed units of the tower.Lasts for 10/15/20 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 33
May I ask (especially to Spell Moderator), is cleaning dummy unit (remove them upon death/after use) will give you a boost mark ?
What happens if I don't clean them ?
Will my coding mark decrease ?

Because I have seen "removing dummy from the game" has become a "trend" right now.
Does that trend applies in this contest ?
If so, I would do the same thing.

Level 17
May I ask (especially to Spell Moderator), is cleaning dummy unit (remove them upon death/after use) will give you a boost mark ?
What happens if I don't clean them ?
Will my coding mark decrease ?

Because I have seen "removing dummy from the game" has become a "trend" right now.
Does that trend applies in this contest ?
If so, I would do the same thing.

I would imagine you should remove them, unless you plan on recycling them?

my question! :)

do we have to follow the default hotkeys for the spells or we can make it simple like the QWERTY idea

like example "Slice" its hotkey would be Sli[c]e or Slice-[q]?

Hopefully we can use Q, W, E, R - that's what I've done.
It's just so much easier to remember the hotkeys :thumbs_up:

Level 16
Okay, so here's my first WIP. Enjoy and please give me some feedback.

ToDo list:
  • Come up with an ulti idea and code it;
  • Make sure everything is leakless, and do some improvements to the code, if possible;
  • Fix the terrain modification algorithm of the Hailstorm (yes, it doesn't work properly, a lot of ice is left behind);
  • Find icons for the spells;
  • Make sure all the tooltips are appropriate;
  • Write a background story;
  • Finish the test map.

Reminder: you have to cast Hailstorm twice, to start the effect; once you start to cast it first, you'll have to select another destination, and you can't cancel the cast.

Attachments

• Hero Contest 6 - Luorax.w3x
    433.3 KB · Views: 57
Level 16
Works perfectly with my compiler. Here's the fix then:

Make "onEffect" in all 3 spell triggers return boolean, and insert a "return false" at the end of the methods. Do the same to "onCast" in "Hailstorm". That should fix it.

I have pJASS (I think that's the name), and it compiles perfectly with these codes.

Level 16
Oh okay. I don't use LUA or any of that weird stuff :p

Oh, it's already spared me like days of work. They do wonders.

---

I think I've got an idea for the ultimate; it should give him some extra utility, to make him a better tank (he has enough CC and damage already), and should make him more versatile. Coding it will also be quite simple (compared to the rest of his skillset)

Last edited:
@Jas.per - The theme was to make a hero for the defending side...

@Luorax and Mr.Bean - well, as long as you take a code parameter you can then pass that parameter as a boolexpr to another function without problems... which is why spell effect event works even if you pass a returns nothing function to it... and it totally works with the normal JH(compiler)... I'm using JNGP 5e too and I have no errors with using that "bug"...

JASS:
//this works on the normal compiler

function try takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

function a takes code b returns nothing
    call TriggerAddCondition(t, Filter(b))
endfunction

function game takes nothing returns nothing
    call a(try)
endfunction

//this doesn't work on the normal compiler

function try takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

function a takes nothing returns nothing
    call TriggerAddCondition(t, Filter(function try))
endfunction

function game takes nothing returns nothing
    call a()
endfunction

//when I say normal compiler, its both the vexorian version and the cohadar version of the jass helper

though yeah, I don't see the logic on why it works, but at least it saves you from adding a return false statement and the returns boolean part...

Status
Not open for further replies.