• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 20
1. It's good enough. I remember v1.7 (or something like that) had a working Multiboard.

2. I don't get it, you replaced specific hero weapon/armor upgrade for generic ones? Anyway, some tooltips still say that upgrades must be used for Heroes that aren't in the game.

Btw, 6. is a good thing, I guess it's supposed to be killed with others. 1 More player would have been enough to beat it.

Level 8
2. I don't get it, you replaced specific hero weapon/armor upgrade for generic ones? Anyway, some tooltips still say that upgrades must be used for Heroes that aren't in the game.

Yeah, generic makes it more evil :p
Its a generic armor up-grader and nobody even cares, so why not a generic weapon up-grader too?

Allright, here is the test version update (or use the link in my signature)

added quest to show the save code
increased duration of save code
added warning when leaving game
reduced size of healing text
added item cleanup system
fixed bug with superior texts
fixed a bug with superior summons
added invul to heroes imbue on self cast
removed item attachments (temporary)
simplified weapon upgraders
added multiboard selection + fixed remaining multiboard bugs
fixed attribute points being out of synch when discovering a secret

Last edited:
Level 1
how to save/load??

i typing -load <code>
what the decode -blablabla mean??
how to load my character??

Level 20
Well, you have to input the code you saved.

Also, the character isn't loaded, just the score you achieved in past games. Every game requires a new fresh character being created. Points allow several characters, and unlock some features.

Level 2
can any1 help me?

every time i try to load my char..i get dced! >.< (except if im the host, but the others would get dc instead)
been playing this for hours then i got left out with my friends :'(

help please :ogre_haosis:

Level 8
every time i try to load my char..i get dced! >.< (except if im the host, but the others would get dc instead)

Does the game crash or is it a normal disconnect?
I have no idea what is wrong, but it might get fixed in the future :p

Test version updated!

holy bolt now restores mana equal to its cost. removed aoe effect
added divine, corruption, ambient attack modifiers for magical damage
changed psyon force, powershot and heroes imbue to grant those stats instead of the old effect
bosses now drop additional high class items
added destructable hiding system
every class can now be picked only once
added -repick command
powerstrike renamed to blood bash
finished rework on fighter class (you might wanna test this!)
special for test version: no saving/loading, 10000 leadership for player 1, special commands
manasteal now works on every unit with mana everytime
reduced item selling value
fixed bug with unlimited attribute points
fixed bug with unlimited armor upgrades
limited armor and weapon upgrades to 20
fixed a bug where keeper of the sun did not drop the correct item
fixed master of bones instantly dieing when entering his second phase (<50% hp)
razor mail damage return from 20% to 100%
slightly optimized attack modifiers
added damage text to damage that you receive
added -stats command to show all damage dealt and healing done
adjusted vision range of all heroes
druid summon types are now level dependent
adjusted omnilight value (making everything a lot brighter)
fixed hero bar on the left (you can now see hp of your allies)
fixed a bug with hunter's trap and made it deal damage now (checks all 3 seconds and on placing it)
fixed call of the wild tooltip error
fixed bug with illusions and level ups
removed cloak of flames

known bugs:
some tooltips dont state they scale with combo targets

Level 8
Allright, since I got some requests for this: here are the current leadership ranks

Code:
 2.500.000 - Demigod
 1.000.000 - Heroic
   750.000 - Champion
   600.000 - Conquerer
   500.000 - Destroyer
   250.000 - Mystic
   100.000 - Captain
    50.000 - Traveler
    10.000 - Adventurer
     5.000 - Seeker
     3.000 - Advanced
     1.500 - Beginner
         1 - Greenhorn

That ain't enough ranks for you?
Allright, 10.000.000 Points and you get the senjung123 rank

Level 3
Allright, since I got some requests for this: here are the current leadership ranks

Code:
 2.500.000 - Demigod
 1.000.000 - Heroic
   750.000 - Champion
   600.000 - Conquerer
   500.000 - Destroyer
   250.000 - Mystic
   100.000 - Captain
    50.000 - Traveler
    10.000 - Adventurer
     5.000 - Seeker
     3.000 - Advanced
     1.500 - Beginner
         1 - Greenhorn

That ain't enough ranks for you?
Allright, 10.000.000 Points and you get the senjung123 rank

HAHAHAHAHAHAA. I HAVE A RANK NAMED AFTER ME.
AND YOU SPELT MY NAME WRONGLY.

love you cbx <3

Last edited:
Level 2
Critical War3 error (both me and my friend) on nightmare modeon the fire boss where you use fire song to summon the guy.

My friend an assassin summoned it and it instantly errored after :(

Level 7
I love this map, updates!
5/5!
I think you should add the descriptions on the types of items. (Quest, uncommon, rare... and others)
Also give description of each class in the main topic. requirements.
I'm wondering why the highest score requirement class doesn't have a class' best item.
can you add one?
(Oh I saw the changelogs say class specific item still more to come.)

Last edited:
Level 1
i load my code the program says: Decoding success but when i pick a hero it's says 0 leader ship or bla bla ... but not load hero @@

"]
[/URL]

Last edited:
Level 1
i load my code the program says: Decoding success but when i pick a hero it's says 0 leader ship or bla bla ... but not load hero @@

"]
[/URL]

same for me and my friends... -save worked fine, gave us codes... we remake, type -load XXXXXX. it says loading success, but then doesn't give you a character, and then when you try and pick a character, it says requires 0 leadership, but wont pick it...

Level 20
The only thing "-save" does is saving your leadership points. Some characters are restricted and says that requires 0 leadership, or 99999999999 leadership.

Higher leadership gives the player some bonuses and unlocks higher difficulties

Level 4
I have just played this map with 2 other friends, its great and pretty challenging, i love it, it has great rpg elements and very addictive playing 5/5 without argue

Level 2
Is there anyone still playing this map? I try to play the map on Garena and it is like a bit too hard to gather people to play this map.

Level 3
Hi doubtful,

-load only loads your leadership points.

Note that leadership points CAN be negative if you die too much in the game, as your leadership points gets deducted whenever you die, and the penalty increases as you advance further.

------------------

CBX, I have returned with honor! :D
winning Jarahcon with the hardest difficulty, solo style(letting my party die and watching them rage). :3

My wizard damage was just too op. :x

The legendary Equipments:
1auzFuE.png

The Legendary Stats(Basic):
zL1jrzR.png

The Legendary Leadership Points after grinding for a few years:
894vQkI.png

ps: y u no put me in credits in endgame D:<

Level 7
I can't pick up the sun shard :) Stuck. Maybe because of the resolution? Can't right click on it. Dragging with left click selects it tho.

Last edited:
Level 3
Why the custom User Interface didn't got into the map? o_O

w3ft-20091121-181144.png

w3ft-20091122-152957.png

Is the UI shown your own custom UI? If so, it might have overwrote it. I'm not too sure, since i don't really mod UIs, only lobby backgrounds.

I can't pick up the sun shard :) Stuck. Maybe because of the resolution? Can't right click on it. Dragging with left click selects it tho.

Weird. Lemme try to verify it for you.
-----------
Sorry it took so long, was serving the nation.

Level 2
Amazing map , definitely gorgeous , but i had one damn fking problem , about the ending boss and his fking words , me and my friend were trying to spell what F9 said and nothing happend , can someone write those fking words , i think we spend like 1 and a half hour just for finding that and we dramatically fail , after my buddy recived an error.So please write that GODDAMIT words here. Thanks !
//
Or send me a PM
\\
Nvm got it . Fking colours :D

Last edited:
Level 7
Obelisk, I think in Stage 8 is invul. How to claim it?!
It's pitch black and there's cars and blades which kills the player.
We need to claim 2 artefacts, we claimed 1, but the obelisk is invul. We triggered the boss as well.. but we can't move on. tried for like 30mins. Damn

Last edited:
Level 7
Here is a guide for completing the game.

-----------------------------Stage 1 and 2-----------------------------
Stage 1. Get quest from Ogre. Take quest item [murloc egg] from killing boss and bring back to Ogre. Exit from top.
Stage 2. Reach base camp, click shop and new quest unlocks. Defeat boss and Exit from Top.

Or.
Stage 1. Get quest from Ogre. Avoid ogre and enter the cave on the center left.
Stage 2. Destroy all sarcophaeus, Pull lever to open doors. Defeat boss. Go top Door and exit cave to base camp. Return to sophia and new quest unlocked.
Defend base camp and kill boss. Return to sophia and new quest unlocked. Exit from Top.
*(to the left or bottom Req 4 players)
-----------------------------Stage 1 and 2-----------------------------

-----------------------------Stage 3 and 4-----------------------------
Stage 3. Go to tomb, kill, Enter tomb (Enter cave)
Stage 4. Open Gate Trigger boss Spider. *Drop quest item [life shard], go back to entrance for exit. [Repeat* for exit]
Stage 3. again. Go top left. (Enter cave)
Stage 4. again. Go top Trigger Boss dragon. Drop quest item [sun shard].
Stage 3. again. Go center left. (Enter cave)
Stage 4. again. Go top Trigger Boss . Drop quest item [moon shard].
Stage 3. again. Go Bottom Right Altar Trigger boss Phoenix. Use the quest item [Sun Amulet] combined from the items to get back to base camp, go to sophia to return the amulet. New quest unlocks. Go to Right portal.
-----------------------------Stage 3 and 4-----------------------------

-----------------------------Stage 5-----------------------------
Stage 5. Summon spirit of fire with the item in inventory. Drop quest item [way gate key], Exit from the right altar after using [way gate key]. Back to base, go to sophia trigger new quest. Enter cave from Left side.
or
Stage 5. Go to the right and summon the spirit of ice with the item in inventory. Drop quest item [way gate key]。 Exit from the altar after using [way gate key]. Back to base, go to sophia trigger new quest. Enter cave from Left side.
-----------------------------Stage 5-----------------------------
[for spirit of fire]
I entered with my party and we found out that obelisk is impossible to get, it is invulnerable. and we searched the entire map for 30 mins.

[for spirit of ice]
Stage 6. (Crashed when going back to yingyang) Kill scarabs to trigger boss, which is also a sc...orpion. Exit from the top to new area, find democles for new quest. Enter shimmering portal.
Stage 6.(typo, probably stage 7) Still. Look for tome of knowledge hidden in the destructibles. It's hidden really well at the grave. Exit from entrance and find democles for new quest.
*(To the left Req 2 players)
Stage 8. Enter to the center right cave. Get through the map and puzzle and enter gate on the right. You are now in another puzzle, with blades and car, they smash you pretty easily, get through the maze to obtain both quest items [pyramid] and [obelisk]. Defeat the boss at the right located at the blades.
Stage 9. return to democles for new quest. Democles opened a path, said OMFG and then died peacefully. Kill the mobs to spawn boss and enter the path democles opened.
Stage 10. Destroy the tombs so that the gate in the middle opens. Enter and you reach final stage.
kill him. Banish him with the case sensitive words. Like.. wtf you can at least make it non case sensitive so it's not too hard to guess.. especially when your font is like we can't tell if it's upper or lower case.
But anyways, type these exact words "You challenged Meredith, you shall feel the power my elements!" without quotation mark.
Game end. Save game. Nobody would get sorceress since she cost like 10 digits and has no class weapon. If i'm not wrong there's only 1 bracer and it is uncommon.

Overally the game needs a lot of teamwork among players, and a fair amount of experience or you might die pretty bad in the harder modes..
The string command should be regardless of stringcase and even randomly generated, so users would not have a hard time to figure out which stringcase to use and then died to the boss, but died to boss because the random ritual is not so easy to copy paste.

bug found on stage 6. crashes on the yingyang floor.
bug found on the map we took after [spirit of fire], we passed the burning floor puzzle and reached a completely black area with invulnerable obelisk and collectable pyramid.

Level 3
Very nice looking map. And that gothic, Diablo style texts are just looks pleasant. Dispite the game is "tank/heal" oriented it for my pleasure has a various lifedrain optoins with items. That makes soloing very comfortable. But that : : : : looks a bit ugly. Overall 5/5 from me.