• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contests ~ How would I be: My Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, so here's an update to my helmet. As I promised, I haven't changed anything since last time till today. So everything you see is made today. It's 5pm here already by the time, I'm posting this.

Made it sharper and with a little bit more light and detail, finally got it to look close to what I want. It's still too monotone though, I think, I'll add some more colors. :)

P.S. Btw, some awesome artworks, guys. My chances disappear lol

Last edited:
Side view
helmetside.jpg

Level 18
Updated again i don't have time so i am working like 10-15 minutes on it ;) next time i will update almust 100% complete

UPDATE:
Finished the work waiting for some ideas or comments to make it better (The helm is a helm is with future them and it is trademark for the Red Eagle Legion)
Red_Eagle_Helm.jpg

Attachments

• WIP 3.png
    WIP 3.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
Level 11
First Post

Second Post

After a brief delay, you can now see the last WIPs of my helmet. Finally my mouse's torture is over, it was great fun though, as both my first digital art, and my first time participation in a HIVE's contest! :)

The final art is also ready, but I'll post it later on today, or tomorrow, since the lore is not yet ready, and I'd love to provide it (in hope that my writing skills will be better than my painting skills lol).

P.S. By writing that I painted it with mouse, I'm not by any means trying to boast or draw attention ;)
P.P.S. Hope that all the contestants have as much fun, creating their works, as I did.

As far as I remember, Pharaoh_ said something about "wanting to save the idea of masks for another contest", yet some entries look like masks.

I guess this topic leaves much space for interpretation. No one can actually proof that the helmet you create fits your personality etc.
Just enjoy the creation process and come up with something that shows your influences.

Level 11
Final Submision
ROEQu.png

LORE: The Giant's Skull Helmet
The Giants are an ancient race, the glory of which had passed away long ago. They may have arrived with the magic itself, but now they are almost extinct. Some believe, that through these creatures, deprived of contemporary magic abilities, flows the primal sorcery itself.
That is why people attempt to find and slay the remains of once great race. It is obvious that the search must be a torture, and even the majority of those few, who succeed, meet the most brutal death. You have to be either a complete lunatic, or a daredevil to fight a Giant, since their power is tremendous.
However, the reward is more than generous - they usually guard their caves, where they store various sorts of fur and leather; a lucky warrior may even find a treasure. The best reward though, is the Giant himself - their bones are much tougher and more durable than humans', and some master-blacksmiths are willing to make a piece of armor from these rare bones for free, because it is an honor to tell their fellow craftsmen, what they have made.
On the other hand, nobody knows for sure, if there are any remnants of primal magic carried inside those ancient bones, until they put them on...

Level 22
TV98B.jpg

This is my final submission...I think.
the original sketch looks better :\
Supposed to be a futuristic combat helmet, loaded up with an air filtration system, infrared vision, laser designator, built-in zoom, and a built-in AI to assist in battlefield awareness
Went for a simple red/charcoal color scheme, with very simple shading

Status
Not open for further replies.