• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Jazzy Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Welcome to the
Jazzy Spell Workshop

This is a spell workshop where you may request spells to be made by Jazztastic. Spells will be:
-MUI
-Leakless
-Optimized
-GUI

The spells you request will be made with hashtables in GUI. You may request up to 4 spells at one time. I will retain authorship of the spells, and you will retain creative rights. I will also have the right to upload to the spells section if I deem it appropriate. I also have the right to reject any idea that I do not like. By posting a request you agree to these conditions.

In order for a spell to be viable for creation, you must follow these submission guidelines for your idea:
-A clear and consise description of what you want. Include as many numbers as you can, including range, damage, etc. Be very specific so you can get what you want.
-If the spell is from another game, warcraft 3 or other, it would be helpful to link a youtube video of the spell happening.
-You must be respectful to the other people in this thread. If you break any site rules, I may refuse to create your spell.

Please note that I have the final word on whether or not I choose to make a spell. Passives in particular are a headache so there is a very low chance of me accepting passive skills.

You may also request for modifications to be made to other spells that are GUI. Anything not in the vanilla editor will not be considered. Any modifications that are incredibly simple to make will be ignored.

The only thing I request in return is proper credits. I'm doing this in order to contribute a little bit back to the community, and hopefully generate a few worthwhile spells for my map.

Spell Requester Status Link
-Derp- Pending [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2186938-post3.html]Post[/self]
Jas.per Working [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2187294-post5.html]Post[/self]

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey, I'll request two.

The blue-icy wave attack shown at 0:50 of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b06mnJACokI&feature=related

Inflicts damage on enemies in the line of damage, ground target spell.

No need for a slow effect or any additions. Pure AoE damage.
Enemies can be hit more than once by this attack (I assume that's easier to make, if not go with the other option.)
Comes from the right of the caster. The waves travels in a line 90 degrees from the angle between the caster's location and the targeted location.

---

The knife-like attack shown at 0:10 of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyfnIKpsPKA&feature=relmfu

Single target damage spell.
Knives go outwards (configurable) then cross one another.

Rep / credits for each if you make them.

Level 16
I'll take a look at them later this evening.

Derp your second spell is basically just a single cosine wave, with whatever value we want for the stretch factor. It really shouldn't be too hard to make. Your first one is basically just carrion swarm from a different angle, although i will write it out both ways for your convenience.

Khaos Machine the video won't load past 30 seconds for me. I'll have to try again later to load it, but I can probably do it.

icons_8518_btn.jpg

Name : Gamma Ray Burst
Spell Type : Active
Levels : 10
Spell Target : Unit
Cooldown : 12/14/16/18/20/22/24/26/28/30 Seconds
Manacost : 70 [+15 Per Level]
Description : Launches a Laser Beam Towards to the target dealing 75 [+15 Per Level] and Slow's the target by 30% lasts for 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
icons_3919_btn.jpg

Name : Explode!
Spell Target : Ground, Aoe
AoE : 300 [+20 Per Level]
Cooldown : 90
Manacost : 90 [+12 Per Level]
Description : Fires a Missile that Explodes dealing 100 [+20 Per Level] damage and decreases armor by .5 [+.5 Per Level]
icons_5774_btn.jpg

Name : Orbital Laser
Spell Type : Avtive
Spell Target : Ground, AoE
AoE : 400
Cooldown 17 [ + 3 Per Level]
Manacost : 100 [ + 5 Per Level ]
Description : Drops a Laser Beam to the target dealing 75 [ + 15 Per Level ] damage, Stunning Them by 2 Seconds, and Damages 9 [ + 1 Per Level] Per Second lasts for 5 Seconds
icons_5170_btn.jpg

Name : Explosion!!
Spell Target : Instant, Aoe
Aoe : 700
Cooldown : 60 Seconds
Manacost : 100 [+10 Per Level]
Description : Instantly Explodes Damaging Nearby Enemy Units, The Nearer They Get The More The Damage The Received Damage : WITHIN 300 AoE Range 90 [ + 15 Per Level] + 200 Range KnockBack, WITHIN 600 AoE Range 60 [ + 10 Per Level] WITHIN 700 50 [+5PerLevel]

Level 16
@ Jas.per I have a few questions for clarification.

On spell 1, it only hits a single unit correct? Are any units taht the laser passes through on the way to its target also effected?

On spell 3, is the effect instant? Or is there some sort of charging delay? Also if you have a nice custom lightning I can set it up so a lightning comes down from the sky like a laser, then you can change the lightning effect to whatever your custom one is.

On spell 4, do only units within 300 aoe get the knockback?

Overall it looks like a very do-able spellpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.