• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picture/Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Another thread reboot. Smaller threads typically load a lot faster as well.

Hello, new picture thread as the other one got messy and had to be removed (just incase you didnt know). Post your photos people whether it be your pet, you, your family or anything you really wanted to photograph!

Tip: Use [hidden][/hidden] tags to enclose the pictures within.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

THANK YOU! My browser couldn't even open this thread before you did this. (Redirecting error)

Well, I guess now I don't have to come visit the Photo Thread hoping that some day, Kimberly's picture would finally load and Mr. Goblin's would come back :3

I'll start this thread off with a picture of myself I took on the day of my 16th birthday 12.15 days ago :3

166032_10151106848311844_736410525_n.jpg

edit
By the way, I would recommend mentioning in the first post that people should put their images inside Hidden tags.

Last edited:
Level 16
Well, I guess now I don't have to come visit the Photo Thread hoping that some day, Kimberly's picture would finally load and Mr. Goblin's would come back :3

I'll start this thread off with a picture of myself I took on the day of my 16th birthday 12.15 days ago :3

166032_10151106848311844_736410525_n.jpg

edit
By the way, I would recommend mentioning in the first post that people should put their images inside Hidden tags.

Maaaaassive swagger.

Pic related, my asian friend Patrick has massive swagger aswell.

Attachments

• Nyugen.jpg
    Nyugen.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 287
Level 22
[...] as a white male [...]

You mean as a korean?

The size, angle and length of the eyebrows, the width, height, curve, orientation and spread of the eyes as well as their colour, the shape of the jawline, chin, cheeks, nose (tip and bridge) and mouth, and finally your skin colour and the areas on your face with the most stubs all give your ethnicity away. Sorry bro, but you're korean. You may live in Sweden, but you come from Korea.

Also, on-topic, why are you taking a picture of the mirror?

Edit: Also on-topic, why are you wearing formal clothing inside, and WHY do you have a watch around your wrist when you have a phone?

Edit: Highly on-topic:

A picture of me in windy 3° C weather thousands of meters above sea-level (i.e on top of mountains) taken by shiiK (my bro) from inside the warm car:

cold%20as%20hell.png

Level 24
You mean as a korean?

The size, angle and length of the eyebrows, the width, height, curve, orientation and spread of the eyes as well as their colour, the shape of the jawline, chin, cheeks, nose (tip and bridge) and mouth, and finally your skin colour and the areas on your face with the most stubs all give your ethnicity away. Sorry bro, but you're korean. You may live in Sweden, but you come from Korea.

Also, on-topic, why are you taking a picture of the mirror?

Edit: Also on-topic, why are you wearing formal clothing inside, and WHY do you have a watch around your wrist when you have a phone?
What you say may make sense, I won't argue with it. I've just never been called Korean outside the Hive; Arab or Turk I've been called, but never Korean or "Asian" in the east-Asian sense.

I am taking a picture of the mirror because it reflects me and allows me to take pictures from a distance longer than my arm.

I don't wear formal clothing either inside nor outside (other than on special occassions). It's a shirt and a pair of chinos, doesn't get much more casual than that without going for the modern-I-don't-give-a-shit look.

As for the watch; I wear it for two reasons mainly. Partially to keep track of time without having to pick up my phone everytime. But also because it's one of the few accessories a man can (and should) wear.

Level 35
But also because it's one of the few accessories a man can (and should) wear.

What exactly is wrong with any other kind of accessory?
- Unless I misinterpreted the statement, you do imply as such.

While of course "some of the few" gives some wiggly room for flexibility,
one still gets the impression that it's only said like this to make it seem less aggressive.

Level 24
What exactly is wrong with any other kind of accessory?
- Unless I misinterpreted the statement, you do imply as such.

While of course "some of the few" gives some wiggly room for flexibility,
one still gets the impression that it's only said like this to make it seem less aggressive.
Well, men's accessories include a belt, a pocket- or wristwatch, cuff links, a wedding ring, a pocket square and a few others. Decorative jewelry or suspicious wristbands in leather are by no means classic men accessories.

Level 22
I don't wear formal clothing either inside nor outside (other than on special occassions). It's a shirt and a pair of chinos, doesn't get much more casual than that without going for the modern-I-don't-give-a-shit look.

Maybe everything is completely different in the area where you live, but in pretty much all of Norway (and every other part of the world I've seen) your choice of attire is considered formal. The only people I see wearing that kind of clothing inside is businessmen (when they aren't wearing suits). That kind of clothing is also worn on other formal occasions. The principal at my school used that kind of clothing at the beginning of the year when he held his annual speech.

When I think of a shirt, I think of a cotton t-shirt, not a shirt with buttons on it, and especially not a shirt with a collar and cuffs. Your pants are allowed however. Also, you can care about your look without using formal clothing.

As for "men's accessories", I have none of those. At least not the ones you're listing. That doesn't make me female, however, as women also use "men's accessories" (except for cuff links and pocket squares. Wtf man).

Dumbest comment I've seen in a while. ._.

I don't expect a guy/girl from some desert in Palestine to understand.

Level 48
A buttoned shirt is not necessarily formal. Some consider it fashionable. Definitely not in the way that Linaze wears it, though; The buttons are usually open to show the neck\upper chest a bit, and the shirt has a square pattern all over it. It usually isn't white.

Anyhow, what we can conclude is that Linaze considers himself a gentleman and a true affront to how men in the modern day should dress. That is, we should backtrack some 30 years back to the 80s. Because fashion obviously hasn't advanced since then due to the development of cheaper, more common cotton t-shirts and the like, but instead, the modern human became dumber. Fuck progress!

Level 24
Maybe everything is completely different in the area where you live, but in pretty much all of Norway (and every other part of the world I've seen) your choice of attire is considered formal. The only people I see wearing that kind of clothing inside is businessmen (when they aren't wearing suits). That kind of clothing is also worn on other formal occasions. The principal at my school used that kind of clothing at the beginning of the year when he held his annual speech.

When I think of a shirt, I think of a cotton t-shirt, not a shirt with buttons on it, and especially not a shirt with a collar and cuffs. Your pants are allowed however. Also, you can care about your look without using formal clothing.

As for "men's accessories", I have none of those. At least not the ones you're listing. That doesn't make me female, however, as women also use "men's accessories" (except for cuff links and pocket squares. Wtf man).
Yes, yes, I know you and most other Hivers and denizens of this planet we call Earth have been fooled to believe a shirt and non-Jeans pants are formal, but if we look at the standard cloth codes, we can see that my outfit wouldn't be formal enough for either of those.

A suit is formal, a tuxedo is formal, a white tie is formal. But I honestly can't see how a shirt would be.

Now, a cotton t-shirt is a form of shirt (thus the name), but it was designed to be worn under a regular shirt and not as a replacement for the latter. Today people wear them without shame and think regular shirts (that were very standard only a few decades ago) are formal.

As for you not wearing the accessories I listed; not every man needs to wear these accessories, obviously. I just listed the ones that could be categorized as typical men's accessories, and I most likely missed a few (the hat, for instance). As for cuff links and pocket squares, they're both obvious choices when wearing suits (which isn't very often nowadays).

As for them women, of course they can wear wristwatches (even though their are usually designed differently) and other typical men's accessories without making the accessories any less typical manly.

Level 24
Linaze, you know what else was standard a while ago? Fur loinclothes. Why shouldn't we wear those? Why stop at the 80s, when previous ages had such wonderful attires?
*insert facepalm picture here*

80s? The decline of classic men's fashion began as early as the early 60s, if I'm not mistaken.

Now, classic men's fashion doesn't include fur loinclothes, I have no idea what madness led you to believe so, and you know damned well that no gentleman ever wore fur loincloth.

Edit.
80s man:
m%C3%A4n.jpg

50s man:
1950-the-men.jpg

Level 18
Lio, that's weird.

Also, guys, calm down. What Linaze is wearing on that pic is considered semi-formal attire. Not quite my idea of casual, but not entirely formal either. It depends on the social environment in which one moves, for example economy students tend to dress more formally than science or math students.

Deolrin, Lio's from Bosnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.