• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion TD 2 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Recently published Legion TD 2. Its in Beta. Steeper learning curve than Legion TD for wc3 and Squadron td, also way more to do and MUCH more stratigic.

Features:
-5 ways to summon, 4 of which are new. Each summon can be summoned in different way but gas cost is different depending on how its summoned.
- Ambush summons: Spawn from behind players making back attacks
- Tug of war summons: A seperate lane at bottom where summons fight each other to make there way to the end. Once reaching end, summons
warp to enemy king. These summons do not prolong the round and are instantly summoned (can be made during build time)
- Guardian summons: Summons last 1 round, protects king.
- Call down summons: Calldown a summon anytime, anywhere! The summon is player controled and awards the player with minerals upon kills. use this to steal kills, help teamates, or kill the enemy.
- Regular summons: Just like how you remember it.

Familiars:
- After picking your primary race, you can pick a Familiar. Familiars are leashed to builder and work as a incepter/carrier concept. Familiars are your 2ndary race and can build units as well. Familiars can DIE and respawn after x amount time. Killing familiars can ruin players build orders.

Flying units:
- Flying units are once again flying units! the way it showed be. Example, a tempest can now pass over your other towers because hes a flyer.

Creep/Summon Upgrades:
- Upgrade enemy creep damage, enemy creep attack speed, summon damage, summon attack speed! This works similar to how king upgrade works. (team controlled upgrades)

Strategy Attack Planner (name of a unit):
- This controls when your towers decide to get up and start pathing towards spawn. The attack planner (a blimp) Has a radius of 10, that is shown when selected, that if any creep/summon from YOUR spawn steps in it, your towers start pathing towards creep spawn.
- Blimp can be positioned far behind so enemy never steps foot in it, making it possible to stall lanes like in Legion TD for wc3. Big strat bonus for guys who like to dual lane.
- Blimp has an "Attack!" command that regardless of distance from an enemy, it can trigger all your towers to start pathing. Great if you went middle and your team mate ether left or cant kill his spawn, and you want out of the middle area before creeps gank you.

Hidden Talents:
- Obelisk in your base that lets you upgrade each unit of your choice's stats to further customize your build.

Again, Game is in beta, needs a lot of polishing, content like abilities and tooltips are missing, and might be some bugs.

The game is 100% playable from start to end. It offers a much more strategic game play over Legion TD.

If you like the game, Join Channel LTD2 and visit forums www.legiontd2.forumotion.ca

Game name: Legion TD 2
Server: North-America

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 2
Looking for a talented map maker to take over this project. I will be there to help of course! Contact me if interested.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am afraid not may StarCraft II map makers or even players come here... Which is sad as this sounds like a good project, especially since the WarCraft III one was very popular.

Out of interest, how popular is the map over at the US? Is it even on the European servers?

Level 2
Well because of how the popularity system currently works on bnet, it will never be up there. But after 12 hours of launch it hit too 100+ hours of popularity but that died down as i slowly stopped making updates. Don't get me wrong, i still up date it, just no where nere as often.

I havnt uploaded it to european servers, is there a way i can do that while leaving it protected?

My main goal was to continue working on this project with a team, but that never happened. If you like the map and want to work on it with me, id be glad to do so.

Im assuming you ask because your in European servers. I can send you an unprotected copy of the map if you so wish to see it. If you like it and would like to help, that would be great as you could be incharge of it on the European servers. Get back to me with your address if you'd like a copy of the map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I advise waiting until the next patch comes (which should be the near future). It will add new ways to play custom games (such as seeing a selection of game sessions waiting for players to start) which might help your map pickup popularity.

I havnt uploaded it to european servers, is there a way i can do that while leaving it protected?
You need to either give it to someone you trust to upload it to the EU servers or buy an EU licence. No idea why Blizzard region restricted the game and hopefully something addressing this might come with the next patch (such as the ability to publish to all realms).

Level 2
I've spent months making Legion TD 2, its fully playable and needs polishing, things like more races and missing abilities. i just uploaded it today for anyone to download and continue working on it. it has features un seen to Squadron td and is a great map.

Test it out on battle.net (north america server) Legion TD 2

visit legion td 2 forums here for help/download : www.legiontd2.forumotion.ca

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.