• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 22 - Mimic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Attack animation.

EDIT: Here are both Attack animations

Attachments

• Attack 1-2.gif
    Attack 1-2.gif
    676.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
eubz, I use 3Ds max 5 for animating and exporting models to Wc3. This was recorded in 3D max view and not in the Wc3 render. Later when you attach pieces of mesh to the baked bone the things get connected in the final render and export to mdl/x.

O, my. So here's the reason. Sorry I don't know 'bout this thing Because I use gmax, mdlvis and model editor in creating models.

Level 14
Great... eubz!

FTFY!

Highlight to see teh text
Oh and is judash a girl?

Level 13
i ended up using ingame textures because i've been uninspired and the deadline is aproaching. i'm missing the portraits and am still unsatisfied with some animations, but i haven't forgot about this, and i assure you i'll have something to upload in the last minute

Level 5
Oh well, here's mine.

I'd be surprised if it were even remotely passable, as such, it's my first piece of scratch work.

Oh well... I'd be satisfied if people agree this is terribly below par.

Just remove war3mapimported for texture pathing.

Now go reject this.

Attachments

• Evil Plant mesh.mdx
    60.2 KB · Views: 130
  • planty.blp
    65.8 KB · Views: 150
Level 49
Well, here's a Work in Progress. Before anyone says I'm copying -Grendel, here's a post from 3\12. I'm thinking that it will fly around magically(particles, if I can pull them off) and bite people. The eye will shoot laser beams or something in Spell.
I'd love to hear some feedback, especially if it includes ideas for teamcolor. Ideas that -Grendel didn't use. :p (I thought about just making the book use the Human Mage texture with teamcolor instead of the Human Mage + the loading screen leather bit, but that's a lame and boring idea, so it's down in my "only if there isn't a better idea" list).
Also, any sort of ideas for details and improvements will be welcome. Like, for example, how to add text. I do have an idea in mind, but it would be rather high-poly.

Attachments

• PossesedTome.png
    PossesedTome.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 146
Level 13
You could use "objects\InventoryItems\TreasureChest.blp" for the gold, instead of using a custom texture. The quality difference shouldn't be too big, seeing how the gold is already blurry, on your model.

actually, it looked much worse, i tried hard to make it work

i have that texture in much higher definition, though, but i don't think it's worth the extra kb that don't make that much difference ingame

Level 49
Alrighty, next WIP.
I think that'll be the final version of the actual book(before transforming). Also included is a screenshot of the runic inscriptions inside the book, but in order to take that screenshot, I had to remove some details(the glowy eye, the teeth from the sides, etc). Also, that screenshot was taken in Milkshape, so it is darker than it should be.

Attachments

• Possesed_Tome_WIP.png
    Possesed_Tome_WIP.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Possesed_Tome_WIP_Runes.png
    Possesed_Tome_WIP_Runes.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 134
Level 13
my model was rejected in the models section, i've updated my model with the modifications suggested by Frankster, a better portrait and footprint events, custom created using particle emitters though, because i didn't find any fitting to this model's type of walking.
otherwise the model keeps it's appearance so i'm not updating the screenshots

Attachments

• TreasureGuardian.zip
    197.8 KB · Views: 57
Level 25
Here is my entry. Once again I am disappointed with the result. It did not turn out as I expected.
I did not add teamcolor because I like it without teamcolor.
I'm sorry for the huge file size I'm too lazy to reduce it right now.
I posted .max file. Feel free to edit it.

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    320.2 KB · Views: 70
  • StumpMonster.zip
    182.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Stump Monster.jpg
    Stump Monster.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 568
  • Stump Monster.max
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.