• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #21 - Creep Warlords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The final version will have the color on it.

Attachments

• b&wWIP_4.JPG
    b&wWIP_4.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 516
  • WIP_wrap1.JPG
    WIP_wrap1.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 570
  • WIP_wrap2.jpg
    WIP_wrap2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 551
  • b&wWIP_3.jpg
    b&wWIP_3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 547
THIS IS MY FINAL ENTRY! (unless I edited it a bit more in the future)

108387d1322072726-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-chargerbymrgoblin3.png

108374d1322010425-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-chargerbymrgoblin.png

icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg

icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg

:goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah:

for once, I bet Dionnesis at sudmitting the first Final version XD

108394d1322085101-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-charger.png

Edit = made it slightly brighter :D

Attachments

• CHARGERbyMrGoblin.png
    CHARGERbyMrGoblin.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,360
  • RazormaneChief.blp
    80.4 KB · Views: 190
  • CHARGERbyMrGoblin3.png
    CHARGERbyMrGoblin3.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • Charger.png
    Charger.png
    685.3 KB · Views: 10,980
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That sure looks nice, it's a little bit dark, though.

Anyway, I pretty much completed the body (might give him a beard hence the unfinished jaw), so now I'll proceed with covering it all up in armour. Forest Troll wrap is trickier than I remember..
cheeeeeeese4.png

I've been trying some armour designs, but I'm really not getting where I want so I'll let it rest for the night.

Level 21
Hey shiik is that a Dark Troll I'm seeing right now, because you mostly most a ton of trolls.
Just curious as well and awesome job Mr.Goblin. I'm liking the look of the Quillboar and do you mind if I try it in game and see on how looks for myself?

Hey shiik is that a Dark Troll I'm seeing right now, because you mostly most a ton of trolls.
Just curious as well and awesome job Mr.Goblin. I'm liking the look of the Quillboar and do you mind if I try it in game and see on how looks for myself?

no problemo! :D

That sure looks nice, it's a little bit dark, though.

Anyway, I pretty much completed the body (might give him a beard hence the unfinished jaw), so now I'll proceed with covering it all up in armour. Forest Troll wrap is trickier than I remember..
cheeeeeeese4.png

I've been trying some armour designs, but I'm really not getting where I want so I'll let it rest for the night.

for a warlord he sure is exposed lol
the legs are a bit stretched out too

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, you know, Dark Trolls have bodies like most others, they are not born with armour on.
so now I'll proceed with covering it all up in armour

Anyway, not much to do about the stretching, it's already 512x512.

And, yes, it is a Dark Troll, and I know I've done a lot of trolls and that it's cheesy of me to do another when there are so many possibilities. Alas, I don't have time to figure out a wrap I'm not intimately familiar with (or thought I was, anyway).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

cheeeeeeese11.png

Ah, well, the colour of the armour will change. Chest (and back), head, axes, hair and lower arms to go. :3

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Entry time..

DarkTrollWarlord0P.png

Dark Troll Warlord, I tried a few colour variations, but I eventually landed on this (after Mr.Goblin's suggestion).

DarkTrollWarlord01.png

DarkTrollWarlord02.png

DarkTrollWarlord03.png

DarkTrollWarlord04.png

DarkTrollWarlord05.png

DarkTrollWarlord06.png

DarkTrollWarlord07.png

cheeeeeeese17.png

cheeeeeeese19.png

cheeeeeeese15.png

Attachments

• DarkTrollWarlord.blp
    179 KB · Views: 201
  • DarkTrollWarlord.tga
    1 MB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
Final Submission

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just had to do that Mr.Goblin thing :ogre_hurrhurr:
attachment.php
And by Popular Demand
attachment.php

Good luck to all other contestants
i had fun coming back here to do a skin again

Attachments

• Comparisons.jpg
    Comparisons.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Final Submission.png
    Final Submission.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 10,813
  • Sea Warlord Strike.png
    Sea Warlord Strike.png
    333.8 KB · Views: 10,613
  • SeaWarlord.blp
    258.3 KB · Views: 196
  • GreatShark.blp
    31.7 KB · Views: 147
  • GreatWhite.png
    GreatWhite.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 849
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Not to stomp on your parade or anything, but the preview really stretches the page, could you make a thumbnail and make it either use the THW built-in image viewer or link to the image in a new window? That'd be swell.

Good luck.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If she's found under Neutral Hostile in the WE by default AS WELL AS (yeah, it needs emphasis, because people have missed this part a few times) under the Creeps category in the .MPQ, then it'll be acceptable by the rules. However, I think she's in the Demons category in the .MPQ, and she is a demon, and as such, should not be accepted.

Level 5
I'm propably not going to be able to compete to all those great skins, but I'll try anyways, even though I only have 5 days left.

Early WIP
blackbearwip2.png

Another WIP - Need a good idea for mask/helmet insignias/decoration - meh.

blackbearwip22.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You have not even posted a WIP, thisruoy, so unless there's more people asking for an extension, no.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You can make as many entries as you want, eubz, if that's what you are asking. However, you have to clarify which is the final entry, we'll otherwise just pick the last one you submitted.

Just_Spectating, for this particular contest, as different as possible is misleading, because what we want here is similar enough to fit in with the original, but different enough to look like a high tier unit.

Level 21
Geez so many resources and I don't know what to vote for the contest when it comes out. There is a lot more creeps to use for this contest, but the due date is tomorrow right?
Well anyway I'm looking forward to the final releases.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

THIS IS MY FINAL ENTRY! (unless I edited it a bit more in the future)

108387d1322072726-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-chargerbymrgoblin3.png

108374d1322010425-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-chargerbymrgoblin.png

icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg
icons_14618_btn.jpg

icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg
icons_14619_btn.jpg

:goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah:

for once, I bet Dionnesis at sudmitting the first Final version XD

108394d1322085101-texturing-contest-21-creep-warlords-charger.png

Edit = made it slightly brighter :D

Entry time..

DarkTrollWarlord0P.png

Dark Troll Warlord, I tried a few colour variations, but I eventually landed on this (after Mr.Goblin's suggestion).

DarkTrollWarlord01.png

DarkTrollWarlord02.png

DarkTrollWarlord03.png

DarkTrollWarlord04.png

DarkTrollWarlord05.png

DarkTrollWarlord06.png

DarkTrollWarlord07.png

cheeeeeeese17.png

cheeeeeeese19.png

cheeeeeeese15.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just had to do that Mr.Goblin thing :ogre_hurrhurr:
attachment.php

Good luck to all other contestants
i had fun coming back here to do a skin again

Suffice to say I'm a little disappointed with the amount of submissions. There's roughly 36 hours left. I hope to see some late entries. That means you, Dio, and you, M0rbid. And, Ampharos, you had such a promising WIP, why'd you quit? And Red Shift, you had all the votes already as you posted first WIP. Complete that handsome warlord of yours.

A.R. and 67chrome, if you're there, let me know ASAP if you can finish with a couple extra days. That applies to anyone who have already posted a WIP and can guarantee that they'll finish within a few extra days.

It is, however, my understanding that most people didn't like the theme (so much for the majority!) and are as such not motivated. It's therefore reasonable for me to get this over with as soon as possible.

Lastly, I'll be needing a judge (or two). Dentothor, seeing as your cunning procrastination prevented you from doing your entry today I'll have to demand you judge. You know that. And this time, put in a little more effort. No, this is not debatable. You are judging or entering, and I see the entering as unlikely at this point. But please, feel free to surprise me.

BBCodes for the BLOODY TRIUMPH! Now work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 38
Looking cool so far guys, hope there will be a few more last-minute efforts before this contest comes to an end.

Anyways I've decided on working on the bandit lord, the frills on the wolf just proved to unwieldy to apply armor to them. So here are some WIPs I've got done now ;)

Attachments

• 67chromeWipB02.jpg
    67chromeWipB02.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 67chromeWipB03.jpg
    67chromeWipB03.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 264

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That hair is really messed up, bot otherwise pretty cool. I feel as though it conflicts a bit in style - ragged cape and decent armour. I don't know, it just feels unwholesome. Liking the team-colour a lot, though, it's different. And you already know the face is epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.