• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #5 - Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Teaser.
The Black Chess Army:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Unnamed1.jpg
    Unnamed1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Unnamed2.jpg
    Unnamed2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Level 35
okay i changed my new spell idea around a little bit

basically, it sets any target unit (excluding heros) to 100% health upon casting, but causes the target to lose health over time
this effect will last forever but can be dispelled

FAN's new model thingy inspired me for another hero, which will be themed around having abilities that differ in effect depending on which weapon you are using

Level 14
My Current Heroes:

Name: Life Binder
Main Attr: Strength
Ability 1:
Claw of the Tiger
The Life Binder imbues his claws with the power of the tiger, doing a massive damage strike dealing damage and slowing the target for 4 seconds.
Level 1: 125 Damage, 10% Slow
Level 2: 175 Damage, 15% Slow
Level 3: 225 Damage, 20% Slow
Ability 2:
Shield of the Turtle
The Life Binder uses his energy to form a shield against enemy attacks. This shield uses his mana.
Level 1: 0.5 Damage per Mana
Level 2: 1.0 Damage per Mana
Level 3: 1.5 Damage per Mana
Ability 3:
Force of the Golem
When Force of the Golem is activated, the Life Binder gains bonus armor, hit points, damage and gains spell immunity.
Level 1: 100 Life, 3 Armor, 12 Damage, Lasts 10 Seconds
Level 2: 150 Life, 5 Armor, 15 Damage, Lasts 15 Seconds
Level 3: 200 Life, 7 Armor, 20 Damage, Lasts 20 Seconds
Ability 4:
Tri-Binding
YET TO BE DONE

Name: Master of Destiny
Main Attr: Agility
Ability 1:
Chains of Fate
The Master of Destiny traps the enemy target is chains which deal damage over time and stops them from moving. Lasts 3 Seconds
Level 1: 33 Damage Per second.
Level 2: 50 Damage Per second.
Level 3: 75 Damage Per second.
Ability 2:
Misfortune
The Master of Destiny curses the target making them have a percentage chance to miss on attack.
Level 1: 15% Chance, Lasts 5 Seconds
Level 2: 25% Chance, Lasts 7.5 Seconds
Level 3: 35% Chance, Lasts 10 Seconds
Ability 3:
Loaded Dice
Nearby friendly units will recieve gold for there kills. The amount of gold is increased each level.
Level 1: 3 Gold
Level 2: 7 Gold
Level 3: 12 Gold
Level 4:
Forever Doomed
The Master of Destiny changes the target's destiny, leading to the targets destruction a few seconds later. During that time however, the Master of Destiny can control that target unit. Duration: 15 Seconds

Name: Corrupt Seer
Main Attr: Intelligence
Ability 1:
Blood Rune
The Corrupt Seer places a blood rune on the targets soul. When the target is hit, the blood rune is consumed to do extra damage.
Level 1: 30 Damage
Level 2: 35 Damage
Level 3: 40 Damage
Ability 2:
NOT DONE YET
Ability 3:
NOT DONE YET
Ability 4:
Void Flare
The Corrupt Seer opens a small hole in the dimensional barrier in the sky allowing a flare of void energy to hit the ground and any enemy units caught within the blast radius stunning them for 2 seconds and causing 125 damage.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

okay i changed my new spell idea around a little bit

basically, it sets any target unit (excluding heros) to 100% health upon casting, but causes the target to lose health over time
this effect will last forever but can be dispelled

FAN's new model thingy inspired me for another hero, which will be themed around having abilities that differ in effect depending on which weapon you are using

the 100% is way too much. You could spam with troll mercenary and recieve a huge heal with no cost.

Actually, if it heals 100% and drops something like 5% per second afterwards, I don't think it'd be that ridiculous. Regardless of what kind of unit you're healing, it'll still drop down pretty much as fast (depending on regeneration). Yes, it can heal a lot if executed properly, but it'll also be a certain death - I suggest you make it impossible to dispel, though. In comparison to a Paladin healing 600 HP, no negative buff, being able to heal 1299 HP (I assume Tauren is the unit with the most maximum health in the game?) is about the double, and at a cost of losing 5% (that's 65) HP/s after wards - meaning that in 11 seconds, it will have a lesser effect than that of Holy Light - it's not all that much. But hey, I'm no avid melee gamer and it's been a while since I actually cared about WC3 melee. It might be too strong, but that's what testing is for, isn't it?

.. anyway, so I'm working on designing my race. Bit of an odd approach, but I'm starting with hero abilities before even deciding what kind of race it is, nor having the slightest idea of what my units will be. I'm hoping it'll nudge my creation in a new direction. As a reference points, though, I think I'll be using Sellenisko's Inquisitor Malendis as one hero, or at least base it around that appearance. I'm thinking of a hero just oozing of hatred and sadism. Strongly contrasting the Paladin, but not the exact opposite (as we already have the Death Knight working out that role). I'll also include a more heroic, or self-sacrificing, entity that'll complement the first hero. Then I'll design my units to take advantage of those heroes before adding the two other heroes. Blah, blah. What I really wanted to bring forth is the idea of "forcing" a group of units to keep fighting regardless of how dead they should be, for a limited amount of time, of course, and with a healthy dose of negative buffs. It'll be an ultimate and will only affect units in a relatively small radius around the hero. Let's say it'll allow up to ten units to maintain a fighting condition in 30 more seconds (from the spell is cast, not from when they die), but at the cost of dealing only half the normal attack damage, and not being able to cast spells. The units that "died" under the effect of the spell will die when the buff expires, while the others will keep fighting normally. Would love to hear some feedback on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be entering with bandit society.

These are my heroes:

Bandit Elder

Enchanted Arrow

Damage: 100/150/200
Mana Cost: 75.
Range: Unlimited
Stun Duration: 2 sec.

Effect: Attacks the unit from any distance as long

as it is visible. Unit then shares vision vith the

owner of the caster for 20/40/60 sec.

Mark of the Lost Ones

Mana Cost 100.

Range:750.

Effect: Shows path of the unit after getting struck

by ability. Only visible to owner of casting unit.

Path Effect lasts for 15/30/45 seconds. Effect lasts

for 60 sec.

Foul Shield:

Mana Cost: 50.

AOE:300.

Duration: 20/30/40 seconds.

Effect: Creates a shield around area of effect that

absorbs damage equal to 3/4/5 times of Casters

current mana.

Pillage Mastry- Ultimate:

Mana Cost: 50 mana per affected unit.

Range: 700.

AOE: 500.

Effect:
Gets 25% of each unit's current health and converts

it to gold. Also converts 15% of current health into

lumber. Can't target town halls.

Bandit Misstress Rogue:

Flashing Bomb:

Mana Cost: 50/75/100.

Range: 300.

Effect: Blinds every player but allies of Caster on

the 200/300/400 of area and lasts 4/7/10 sec.

Sabotage:

Mana Cost: 100.

Effect: Rigs the mechanical unit to explode dealing

100/135/170 damage and stunning units around for 2

seconds. Unit does not explode until it attacks.
If casted on a building it damages the building for

50/85/120 per second.
teleport

Stealth Mode- Ultimate:
Mana Cost: 0.

Duration: 120 seconds.

Effect: In stealth mode caster recieves pernament

invisibility. If caster suffers more than 200 damage

the effect is dispelled.

Bandit Assassin:

Sneak:

Mana Cost: 50.

Duration: 45 sec.

Effect:

Sneaks around doodads and rocks maintaining

invisibility. If unit is 150/250/350 apart from any

doodad it loses the effect. Any attack breaks the

effect but deals 3x more damage.

Headshot:

Mana Cost: Level of the victim x50. In heros Agility

level x20.

Range: 900.

Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Effect: Kills unit instantly.

Bright Shot:

Mana Cost: 45

Range: 450/675/900.

Cooldown: 15 sec.

Effect: Reveals the 200/400/600 area of effect and

hidden units.

Fortify-Ultimate

Duration: Unlimited.

Fort HP: 1500

Places caster into a small debree fort, increasing

her attack by 30, healing her for 5 health per

second and making her invulnerable. Caster cannot

move in this state.

Bandit Leader:

False Courage:

Mana Cost: 100.

Effect: Heals for 100/200/300 health but causes caster to take double damage for 3 sec. There is a 5/10/15% chance that caster will scare each unit arround him.

Bribe:

Gold Cost: 50/100/150.

Effect: Takes control of enemy mana wielding unit for 30/60/90 secons. After that unit is rendered neutral and is enemy to all but to fellow traitors.

Friendly Drink:

Lumber Cost: 25/50/75.

Duration:
*Heroes: 5/10/15.
*Units: 10/20/30.

Effect: Target loses 10% of his current health and gains drunk buff. Drunk unit has no spells, can't attack and recives 3x more damage.

Disguise:

Mana Cost: 150.

Effect: Transforms into targered player worker and gains ability to freely roam enemy base unable to be harmed.

Lasts 30 seconds or until canceled.

Last edited:
Level 19
Nice and unique idea making a bandit techtree! :D

I only took a look at the bandit leader and I love his spells, but...:
*I don't see the point in False Courage. Why will some false courage heal a friend and cause you to take more damage? I simply don't like the mix of the name and the effects.
*I think the gold cost of the bribe spell should go the other way around or be reduced greatly. I'm not sure I might wanna pay every time I use a spell, except if the hero had some pillage aura which gave me gold meanwhile ;)
*The friendly drink spell ain't friendly at all ^^. Anyways, I think it should use normal mana to cast instead of lumber.
*The Disguise spell is both useful and not worthy of being an ultimate spell. If the enemies notice you, they may surround you, and wait for the invulnerability to go away, and then kill you.

Level 35
100% healing will be a double-edged sword, the main thing i'm afraid of is the use of it against enemy units as it will typically be able to decimate them

soo.... i may make it only target allied units, not completely decided yet

as for a percentage drop, sadly i cannot think of an easy way to decrease a unit's health by a percentage value every second or something like that, so it will probably be a set integer

i'll just need to set it reasonably high if i continue to go with that idea

alternatively, i was thinking of altering the spell so that it still maintains the original idea of being a double edged sword, but isn't quite so... horrible

for example, it could provide a greater than average health regeneration (much like rejuvenation), but also reduce the attack or some generic stat of the target while the spell is still in effect, making it effective at taking out enemy units from a fight so you may focus on killing other units

Level 3
Crazed_seal2, you asked for this but before you read it you should know that I have no mercy and neither my words:

Life Binder:
Claw of the tiger sound like it gives a damage bonus and slow effect to attacks for duration, but the damage bonus make it sound like a single attack. Considering the other spells I think it should be a bonus for duration and thus you should decrease the damage bonus.

Shield of the turtle:
Since the first spell is offensive and the third is defensive, having a second defence spell feels off. You may want to change it into a speed bonus spell for the sake of the theme; attack, speed and defence. Or just give it the effects of the third spell instead since the name suits that effect better.

Force of the golem:
Too many effects that it is level 6 ability (Avatar). You may want to remove the damage bonus since there is a spell that gives it, and the health bonus doesn't give fit well in my opinion. It is best to make it a defence bonus and magic immunity so that it becomes a balanced defence spell (but the name wouldn't fit well if you do that).

The master of destiny:
The name raised my hopes only to get them crashed by the spells.
Chains of fate:
The name suggests binding but I was hoping for more than a mass snare with damage over time (which doesn't make much sense). I think you should decrease the damage and rename it into Event Horizon. A Chain of fate spell should either affect a single target or link tow targets for some effect, but that is just my opinion and you don't have to listen to me.

Misfortune:
Shouldn't The Master of Destiny cause more than some minor bad luck? It is the first spell the banshee has for heaven's sake. Try to make something more Master like.

Loaded Dice:
Again I hoped and got hit in the … Is that even worth using in a melee game where gold is in ample supply? The term indicates tilting luck in your favour so I was thinking of some percentage possibility of effect but I got 3 gold in return. Sorry but try to change this one too.

Forever Doomed:
A rougher version of the doom spell, but without the doom guard. I think you should change it into a sacrifice one of your own units for some benefit (rub a unit of its fate to gain…) since killing an enemy unit and getting a benefit is too much. And the "Forever" indicates a permanent effect over a long time, but dying after less than a minute isn't forever like at all.

Corrupt Seer:
Blood Rune: A good spell but tip it down a bit since it feels over powered.

Void Flare: An Inferno spell without the cake… I mean the Infernal. But maybe with the right cooldown and maybe some condition for the damage (like damage depend on number of targets or time of channeling) it could get better.

All the above is my personal opinion and I apologize for any comments that may be taken as offensive.

Level 14
@Ash Darkside

I am not upset about your criticism but rather happy about it as it will help me to improve my heroes. The Major problem is that trying to be innovative and balanced is hard. I do intend to change some things later. I am changing Chains of Fate mechanics to something different.

I see your point about the Shield of the Turtle... But I have to say, the Life Binder was a rush job. I do also to intend to change him also.

Okay

Heres some changes Imma make:

Chains of Fate - Now Ultimate for MoD, Traps all enemies in an area, dealing damage and 2.5% of the damage is given back as health for the MoD.

Forever Doomed - Increases all damage to the target unit by 15/25/35%. Decreases damage dealt by 2.5/5/7.5%

Force of the Golem - Gives less Health, No damage, but still gives Armor and Spell Immunity

Tri-Binding is being replace with something else. Dont know yet

Loaded Dice - Instead of Base gold. Percentage values. 5/10/25% of units worth. Does give base lumber 2/5/7

Void Flare - Damage is no longer base but percentage. 15% of the units maximum health in True Damage (Unable to be blocked via Spell Immunity, Spell Resistance, Armor ect...

Last edited:
Level 38
@ Ash Darkside: Looks like a cool concept so far, looking forward to see were you go with that.

@ shiiK: For standard melee units I think the mountain giant has 100 more hp than tauren, but tauren still work for a good max basis. Oh course, with summons and mercenary camps you can find stuff with upwards of 2k hp.

But on your race idea, I've found races based on an overlying strategy and gameplay generally turn out really well, sounds like the route your taking will offer an interesting race to play.

@ Wazzz: The healing totem aura and healing fountain aura can both reduce health by a % per second. Set the ability itself to only effect "self", and give it to any recipient of the spellcast via triggers, shouldn't be to hard - and that way it won't be dispelled either. Unfortunately they only allow 1% increments, so if you want to reduce regeneration by 1.5% per second you'd need to do everything through triggers. Or just use a dot/hot ability and give flat values.

Level 35
@ Wazzz: The healing totem aura and healing fountain aura can both reduce health by a % per second. Set the ability itself to only effect "self", and give it to any recipient of the spellcast via triggers, shouldn't be to hard - and that way it won't be dispelled either. Unfortunately they only allow 1% increments, so if you want to reduce regeneration by 1.5% per second you'd need to do everything through triggers. Or just use a dot/hot ability and give flat values.

...i think i love you

as for increments only, that can be fixed by negative values (hopefully)

this will be super duper helpful, now i just got to think of a way to balance the ability :p

Level 7
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...es-2-3-a-186851/?prev=search=race&d=list&r=20
I was sure I posted this before. Anyway just copy triggers and code from this map to your map.
oh god. now theres even bigger chance ill drop out... i guess im really not finishing this, if someone is interested, here is my (probably last) wip of nerubian race, its not playable, but its showed in editor what was supposed to do/look like what :D and heroes are almost finished... i pic explaining it once again here

(anyway, i still got almost month, there is a chance ill get back to it ;))

Attachments

• (6)SwampOfSorrows.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
Level 16
oh god. now theres even bigger chance ill drop out... i guess im really not finishing this, if someone is interested, here is my (probably last) wip of nerubian race, its not playable, but its showed in editor what was supposed to do/look like what :D and heroes are almost finished... i pic explaining it once again here

(anyway, i still got almost month, there is a chance ill get back to it ;))

why drop out because of that? you are almost finished :) Finish it up

Level 19
I'm thinking of scrapping the Dwarves, if only WoTTH released their models and textures... oh well. I was just doing the race and found that I couldn't have that many abilities that fit Dwarves that made any sense while being original.

I have plenty of time though, so I guess I'll just have to reach in my magical hat of tricks and see what works for me.

Level 38
^ There aren't any restrictions on how many heroes your race can have. The more you deviate from the default number (3 for ROC and 4 for TFT) the more innovative and streamlined the concept should be to risk becoming gimmicky though.

I'd recommend doing 3 heroes unless you have really good concepts for more, considering default game play gives access to only 3 heroes. Even then a couple play throughs will be necessary to try out all of their ultimates.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Gausslaunder: Aww, don't say that; there's so many good ideas for Dwarves. I personally enjoy a mix of the technological, but with more of a "warrior" bent of the classic Dwarves.

@Ampharos: Wow, I'm impressed. Those Faceless models are diverse, yet they fit with one another pretty well. I can only hope the techtree does them justice. :p

~~~

So wait, this is a full-on techtree contest!? That's insane, if you don't mind me saying so. Fleshing out a true, 4-hero 12-unit unique race is hard enough work to do over months, for groups of people... Even the "mini-techtree" contest that was hosted earlier (and on Wc3C) was a good deal of work and ingenuity... But, well, I'm not in it, so I won't complain. :<

Level 16
@Gausslaunder: Aww, don't say that; there's so many good ideas for Dwarves. I personally enjoy a mix of the technological, but with more of a "warrior" bent of the classic Dwarves.

@Ampharos: Wow, I'm impressed. Those Faceless models are diverse, yet they fit with one another pretty well. I can only hope the techtree does them justice. :p

~~~

So wait, this is a full-on techtree contest!? That's insane, if you don't mind me saying so. Fleshing out a true, 4-hero 12-unit unique race is hard enough work to do over months, for groups of people... Even the "mini-techtree" contest that was hosted earlier (and on Wc3C) was a good deal of work and ingenuity... But, well, I'm not in it, so I won't complain. :<

Well the only thing i find hard is making trigger spells.
For the rest, is easy as cake. I mean, read the posts above, they got ready made custom race triggers, all u got to do is replace some names and stuff..
I'm still reading THW tutorials, and I lack free time. So HOPEFULLY im entering the next techtree contest.

Ontopic though:
I see mostly you guys are going for dark/cruel races. I would do the same though, considering how undead is more awesome than the rest of the races.
Although I wouldn't mind to see something warcraft releated. I mean not directly warcraft related, though could-be-used-as race.

If i'm joining:

2 Hero types. Heroes gain stats based on real experience, (taking damage results in a higher hp cap, if you live... damage increases slowly as you become more experienced in dealing it, same with casting mana. things like moving also increase, but very slowly. no levels, skills are bought for cash, which decreases at milestones for unique stats, i.e once you gain a certain about of hp, the skill that hp governs becomes cheaper. (to the point where its free if your a super cheapskate. otherwise very expensive/governed by milestone requirments.)

my techtree is going to have 4 units each of which can upgrade into 1 of 3 options. (global for that unit type, choice is permanent for that unit family. old and new units still available, so a total of 11 units to be chosen at a time if you count the worker and 2 heroes, with a total of 12 choices for standard units. Each unit archetype represents a tier: 1 units for tier 1, and it upgrade option, 2 units for teir 2, and their upgrade options, and 1 again for tier 3.

entry level warrior is also a builder, harvest units are a separate class.

Harvest units upgrade into warriors.

all buildings naturally produce supply, on a timer, each building will make a number of addons that provide food on a timer, probably 30/45 seconds and a cap of 1-3 on most buildings.

Harvest units will be able to repair like other units.

Spell casting system will probably be made afresh, something along the lines of a spell book system where you have to buy spells (along a tier, a choice of 2 for each tier)

Heroes abilities will be governed by a stat each: A passive governed by HP, an offensive active governed by attack, a special utility governed by mana, and a mobility by speed, along with a high powered ability.

3 standards, 1 intermediate, 1 ultimate.

Each hero will have a milestone cap, similar to WC3's level 10 cap. but this can be extended to 15 (by generalization.) by upgrades, thus re balancing it with the theoretical 30 level cap.

Only the intermediate will have a choice.

This style of on the fly customization will allow for players to tailor their armies to suit their playstyle, without being too overpowered, specific units will all have strengths and weaknesses that will always conflict, nothing will fit perfectly to be unbeatable.

This also encourages reactionary play.

The entire techtree is based around an ability tree like system, new research and unit types and improvments being unlocked by progressing down this tree, and is locked by tier, which is governed by how many tech buildings you construct...

And more.

MINE.

Level 38
I see mostly you guys are going for dark/cruel races. I would do the same though, considering how undead is more awesome than the rest of the races.
Although I wouldn't mind to see something warcraft releated. I mean not directly warcraft related, though could-be-used-as race.

Well, when the victory condition is to completely destroy your opponents with a bloody death and erase any trace of their existence by leveling their structures...

Actually I was thinking of having less heroes, mostly because I'm horrible when it comes to making up spells. So, yeah, I'll just have 2 heroes. :|

That sounds like a reasonable number. On a few melee games I've never gotten a third hero because it seemed the game would end to fast to make good use of them.

@ The World Is Flat: Sounds interesting. The one thing that sticks out as having major balance issues is making the worker the initial melee unit though. The attributes between workers and melee units are pretty different. Workers generally move pretty slowly while militant units move noticeably faster (which would in turn effect gold mining), workers have medium armor and melee units have large armor, workers can't deal damage worth peanuts under regular circumstances, etc. Also, starting out with 5 militant units gives a significant edge early game - rush tactics become insanely powerful. Having them be able to upgrade into a standard fighter alleviates said problem though, just combining both functions into one unit is were problems occur. Also, call to arms and war stations are pretty centered around the base to use, preventing them from being used in a rush.

Last edited:
Level 17
It's great to see the exponential amount of people joining the contest since I last had a look.. which was whenever I last posted. :/
Anyhoo, just wanted to say yes this is Skycraft I just got a name change.
And I'm still working on the high elves with my great innovative units.

And for my progress..
I've just finished with the upgrades and working on the actual abilities now.
:3

Level 30
It's great to see the exponential amount of people joining the contest since I last had a look.. which was whenever I last posted. :/
Anyhoo, just wanted to say yes this is Skycraft I just got a name change.
And I'm still working on the high elves with my great innovative units.

And for my progress..
I've just finished with the upgrades and working on the actual abilities now.
:3

why did you change your name into "Mah Dawg"? :)

@ The World Is Flat: Sounds interesting. The one thing that sticks out as having major balance issues is making the worker the initial melee unit though. The attributes between workers and melee units are pretty different. Workers generally move pretty slowly while militant units move noticeably faster (which would in turn effect gold mining), workers have medium armor and melee units have large armor, workers can't deal damage worth peanuts under regular circumstances, etc. Also, starting out with 5 militant units gives a significant edge early game - rush tactics become insanely powerful. Having them be able to upgrade into a standard fighter alleviates said problem though, just combining both functions into one unit is were problems occur. Also, call to arms and war stations are pretty centered around the base to use, preventing them from being used in a rush.

Its the same as the undead, 3 standard harvesters, one warrior.

The worker is NOT a melee unit, the baseline warrior BUILDS, but does not harvest, whereas harvesters must be produced to actually train an army, gain the resources, they just don't build or repair.

on a side note: i'm probably not doing this contest anyway, but if i have time.

Level 45
Alright I'm calling this done.

The Cabal

Units1.jpg

Units2.jpg

Heroes.jpg

Buildings1.jpg

Buildings2.jpg

Generally,
- Unsummoned act both as the Builder unit and a weak Healer.
- Phaselings gather resources and via upgrades can become various types of units.
+ Hellgaolers [and Infernal Knights] are your basic melee unit. They're good at killing stuff.
+ Familiars are basic ranged units.
+ Painmeddlers are offensive spellcasters, who can slow, poison and transform enemies into Phaselings.
+ Eidolons can remove buffs and grant a regeneration rate bonus.
- Phasebats are anti-air flying units, having the advantage of Chaos attacks.
+ Overfiends are Tier 3 flying units.
- Colossi are siege units. They're now a Hellgaoler upgrade.

Heroes are incredibly lazy efforts, but generally,
- The Unborn excels at escaping combat.
- The Paragon excels at dealing a lot of damage.

As for buildings,
- Derelict > Reliquary > Stronghold
- Soulhouse - food production building
- Sheol Gateway - altar
- Dark Temple - basic troop 'production' building.
- Athanor - unit upgrades. Note that demons can't increase their armor, instead they get a health increase research.
- Decrepit Altar - produces Phasebats, contains upgrades for Overfiends and Colossi.
- Infernal Crucible - allows the production of Infernal Knights
- Defiler's Bastion - spellcaster 'production' building

EDIT: Changes:
- Added summoning time for units, the weaker the unit, the faster it summons.
- Units now cost some gold to summon.
- Colossi are now a Hellgaoler based upgrade, like the Infernal Knights, to keep in touch with the rest of the race.
- Only one hero so far, The Paragon, with more thought put into spells. Still a melee oriented hero.
EDIT 2: Changed [reduced] unit costs and also summon time.
EDIT 3: Changes:
- Fixed a couple of upgrades (Infernal Knight and Colossus).
- Changed the Unsummoned's healing ability.

Anyway, if I don't update this further, consider it my final entry.

Well, thanks to Vengeancekael for helping me set up the selection trigger. Otherwise, I dunno. Models are mine.

Attachments

• (6)SwampOfSorrows_TheCabal_Dionesiist.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.