• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blast Ground: Downtown 1.00b/01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I'm glad to present you first release of my postnuclear mod. Blast Ground is a multiplayer action where you must fight to survive in new merciless world.

This is beta-version of my mod. At present it has just a small part of that i've intended to realize but it is playable.
Gameplay:
Blast Ground: Downtown is a 5x5 Hero Arena map, so you should play one of 5 characters offered at the beginning. Creeps are not provided, at least in this version. Offered characters differs in arming (smg, assault rifle, sniper rifle, shotgun or machinegun), run speed and eyesight. Each character spawns with its own weapon and unlimited ammo and you can't change arming during the game. Mana was replaced by Action Points, so each action such as shooting or using an item will cost some AP. You get money and experience for killing enemies, also you receive 1 level point ( "lumber" section) every time your hero levels up (20 lvls max). You can spend money on items at Supply Terminals and spend level points on perks at your own Perk Shop. Purchasing perks is only way to upgrade your hero's stats like HP and AP capacity, HP regen, move speed, range of sight and some others.

Available items:
Medicine
-Nuka-Cola
-Stimpack
-Super Stimpack
-First Aid
Munition:
-Frag Grenade
-Flash Grenade
-Pulse Grenade
-Land Mine
Other
-Stealth Boy

Objectives:
They are simple. First of all you must eliminate opposite Supply Terminals (except the Base Terminal). Then you will get an ability to destroy enemy Main Generator to win the game. It is not necessary to destroy turrets.

Features:
-custom terrain, decorations, effects and sounds
-detailed character's model with realistic animations like running, shooting, throwing and planting a mine
-you can't see through walls (except windows) and metal sheets
-you can't shoot through walls (except machinegun) but you can through windows and metal sheets

In next releases:
-AI will be added
-new interface
-more weapons
-more items and perks
-abilities for characters
-implants
-interactive objects at map
-creeps (but not soon)
-new game modes and new maps of course

...and sorry for my english, it's not native to me.

Keywords:
nuke postnuclear apocalyptic multiplayer nuclear fallout
Contents

Blast Ground: Downtown 1.00b/01 (Map)

Reviews
23:33, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 9
My first words:
-Improve description(add screenshot, add some details, etc)
-Fix this: "Created by: Unknown" (instead of Unknown, type the name of the creator)

Guys, guys, stop it with the 'better description' comments.
You can say that in your comment as well, but some feedback on the map would also be nice.

- How about you reduce the character's size a little?
- The terrain is a bit too flat
- The custom interface is a plus, but green only doesn't look so good
- The Command buttons don't fit with the gun icon
- Trolol at the character's icon
- Trolol at the idle worker icon
- Change the food/gold/lumber icons

Positive Feedback:

- Love the terrain tiles
- Love the effects
- Custom Interface + Icons

Good luck.

Level 16
Lol FT. I hope you use the icons from XGm they exported all items from this game (wich is my favourite in the series) if you want i can provide some character photos.

Level 7
Awesome game, though could be much better!
Turrets can shoot through walls, I don't think this is right.
This game could be greatly improved with items, and more perks.
The turrets should not have "Normal Type" attack and "Medium Type Armor".
The soldiers should not have "Medium Type Armor".
Even though this game is greatly lacking, I can clearly see it can become something much greater.
Great gameplay, no abilities and good terrain. 4/5 :goblin_good_job:

Level 7
i like the terrain, music and custom UI however i would like it if the combat was required was more active (you have to aim at a point and bullets or whatever fly out at the target).its a good map but it has room for improvement.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Good terrain

Negative features:

- No quest menu
- You should add a leaderboard / multiboard which counts kills, deaths, ...
- This is too simple, just a battle without spells and almost no items to destroy 3 buildings.

Additional Information / Conclusion:

The map is just fighting with normal attack, no spells, almost no items until one team destroys the enemy buildings.

Rating: 1/5
Vote for:
Rejected