• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3

An update version of Undead Assault II.

Made by me, with help from Magentix. John_S awhile back made some icons for me which are still used.

There's been various changes across the board, but primarily the entire storyline has been changed.

-The regular modes, Recruit through Insane, have a much steeper difficulty curve. A famous quote after half the team died 2 minutes into hard mode, "Hard mode is hard."

-Tons of new zombies and bosses. The arachnathid (AKA leeroy jenkins) is quite a kicker, but I won't spoil the surprise. I think there's around 30-40 different enemies total.

-Code reset for this version, also you have to complete certain game modes to advance past certain ranks.

-Ranks affect gameplay more. Certain mini-bosses only spawn with a certain level of rank. Try beating insane mode with 80k+ xp team now.

-Much more active gameplay. The missions engage the players a lot more, and camping is rare.

-Side missions: Currently there are only 2 side objectives (add more later if I find time), but they definitely add a new gameplay aspect of having random situations thrown at you, requiring the players to adapt.

The main issue and reason why this is still a beta, is:
1: I didn't have time to add a new survival or competitive mode yet.
2: Umbrella mode has latency issues after the first mission, but I didn't have time to fix that, because it takes a long time to narrow the source of it down. Rough, because with the AI improvements it's hard enough as it is.

Keywords:
zombie, marine, corps, military, survival, undead, assault
Contents

Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3 (Map)

Reviews
23:40, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 12
Update from almost infamous Undead Assault II, I guess. Since there were not any more releases later on... Although Undead Assault II was hosted here. WOuldn't it be better to update that one? Well, its kind of late now either way. (FIRST PAGE DREAM!)

Well, since I'm anxious to test the new version. Although I have not yet seen it, I'll give +rep for once again update this great map.

Edit: Ah yes, of course, vote for approval. Also, as soon as you can, providing screenshots, or maybe even videos, and also using those board complex options (XD) to polite the description. (Would also make map moderators and reviewers happy! :D)

Last edited:
Level 12
Although Undead Assault II was hosted here. WOuldn't it be better to update that one?

There's tons of changes from UA2 1.5B and 2.0, thus the jump to 2.0, which, according to the map rules at one point or another, constituted to allow for uploading as a separate resource.

Also, I was just about to ask if you were going to upload here or not too. Illidan :)

Level 1
bug detected

We faced a problem with loading code with normal difficulty done. It doesn't work!
Here are 2 screnshots:

Level 2
Awesome game. Too bad the first time I played it, it was on single player.
I got pwned when I went to get the villagers in the woods. T_T
Anyways 5/5

Level 12
Illidan, the latency problem extends to all modes if there are more than 4 players...

When playing full house, at all, all, ALL games, the game was incredibly laggy and delaying about 3 seconds or so. Although it starts to delay before, exactly when you must kill that "zombie convoy" of Thanatos and Darius it begins to delay heavily. It is the mark, pretty much... although I don't know if the mission itself has something to do with the delay.

Level 12
Unfortunately, Illidan has left for Basic, and has no time in the foreseeable future to continue on updating Undead Assault 2 2.0, and has left bug fixing to me, a moderator on his website, www.undeadassault.net . If you have a problem, please post it there to bring it to attention faster.

Illidan, the latency problem extends to all modes if there are more than 4 players...

When playing full house, at all, all, ALL games, the game was incredibly laggy and delaying about 3 seconds or so. Although it starts to delay before, exactly when you must kill that "zombie convoy" of Thanatos and Darius it begins to delay heavily. It is the mark, pretty much... although I don't know if the mission itself has something to do with the delay.

Hmm.. Do you remember what the time was, in terms of how long you'd been playing?

Level 2
Is there a way to bypass the 5000 exp bug? All saves made after completing normal all show up to be invalid.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has quest menu
- Has Multiboard
- Original gameplay
- Good terrain

Negative features:

- Could use more type of heroes you can pick
- More action would be a good idea

Additional Information / Conclusion:

I suggest that you try adding some more action to the map.

Rating: 3.5/5 --> 4/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 2
There's actually a plethora of soldier "types" you can choose from, in case you're not aware.

Level 19
It requires an exp system, and the classes seem quite decent, I do hope to see more updates though, it'd be awesome.

Level 2
God damnit why all maps i download when i open they give a critical error grrrr

That's because the map you're trying to open is PROTECTED.
I'd love to see how skilled map makers are triggering etc. but the fact is, copying triggers made by other players isn't quite fair. It's their work, and in some way you're stealing it.

- Yea, it pisses me off too. But there are just stealers out there who aren't giving credit from where they've got their triggers, assuming that it's their own work. Have a good time map making =)

Level 7
Well, hello again everybody!

If you want to take a look at the inner workings of Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3, visit the website www.undeadassault.net and there is an open source for you to download- the completely unedited original.

I hope you all enjoy playing this game! Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to work on this anymore. I'm hoping that, since I released it as open source, somebody (or multiple sombodies) will take over the future of the map. Feel free to mod it any way you would like, though I advise you add in a "modded" name to it (like Undead Assault II 2.0 Revised) or something.

I wish I could have hammered out all the bugs and polished it over more, but this is it. Feel free to try to yourself.

Long live PC gaming ;)