• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Desired Area: Just some part of the map you should get an example from the map down below how the buildings should be.
Tileset: The tileset is in the map.
Deadline: No deadline i am not in hurry.
Theme: Zombie/Modern Warfare
Import: I really love to have some HQ models but i can't find anywhere,
My Note: Alright here is my map the road is made i want to "update" this old zombie map to something much better with systems, units, models, skins etc.

Level 22
Is someone else able to take my request then, since the one assigned has been logged off for a while now.

The request:

Desired Area: Well I'm getting comments that I need to improve the terrain (it's the one thing that's pushing it towards a bad rating). So I would just like someone to improve the terrain. It's completed enough for you to see the style of the map.

Tileset:
It's using the Icecrown Glacier titleset

Deadline: - I would like it within 1 week if possible.

Theme: It's pretty much a place in a snowy place which was destroyed by demons (keep in mind that all humans should be the undead units found at Natural - Hostile > Posessed Man, Woman, Child.

Import: I prefer none.

Link: Monster Showdown Ultimate

Level 17
I'm too..
I'll talk to jones, he's the new member, also i contact drunken jackal to see if he still interested in this workshop, for xpqj, i think he's leaving hive, he already inactive for some month...
I was working on xxalmrxxx's request, last time i was busy with exam, then pick pocket thing, after that my school got burned to earth, so don't expect me to online often, but i'll try, xxalmrxxx's map is a big one...

Level 17
Ironside i'll do you terrain for you if you want

It should be done by the weekend after next at the latest. if that is okay with you. This weekend i am away so wont have time then

Level 17
+His map already has the 6 city buildings which he needed to make it look like the map he wanted and the right terrain :p> But oh well . if you decide to do it Good luck and have fun.

And ironside do you mind if i delete of doodads ?

Level 22
+His map already has the 6 city buildings which he needed to make it look like the map he wanted and the right terrain :p> But oh well . if you decide to do it Good luck and have fun.

And ironside do you mind if i delete of doodads ?

I don't mind if you delete doodats or anything else, the only request is that the units stay placed as they are, all other is up to you to decide :thumbs_up:.

Level 3
Need terrainer for an orpg!!

So I'm in need of a terrainer since my terraining skills are one piece of ****...

Desired Area: Espesially outland I want to be re modified. To Vashj'ir (the water place) it would be cool to be a nice underwater town there if possible and a cool jungle to ice troll place. Ofcourse you can make more if you want & I don't care if doodads & some units gets moved.
Tileset: custom. You can change if needed.
Deadline: No deadline, but would be nice with a fast job so I could continue with the map :) ps. I will be in confirmation camp 27.6-3.7 so not busy
Theme: There are many themes from icy northrend to lava hell of grom hellscream.
Import: You can use imports if needed
Map size: 260x260 (playable)

And I can guarantee that the map will be success with awesome terrain and you will get credit!! =)

NOTE: You will need WE Newgen to save the map.

Map

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Desired Area: Island 1 & 2 (not the island with random doodads on it.
Tileset: Already imported.
Deadline: None

Theme:
Basically I just need you to fix up the map so it looks a bit better in 1st person and in birds eye view, do whatever you want but keep the main feeling of the area.
With island 2 it must be a destroyed island similar to island 1, it should have the black hole in the venter of it.
The map uses way to many doodads on one island, I know... If you can get rid of any and still make it look good, do so.

Import: I dont care about size so import w/e u want.

Notice: If you accept this terraining request ( and you do a good job) I would like to know if you could terrain for the whole map eventually.

DL : http://www.mediafire.com/?fkznis3g2g67zse (It's 50mb)

Level 17
Rysnt Could you update the first post so we actually know whats being done what is free to do what has been requested etc.

Also Ironside heres what your map is so far. Tell me if you want anything improved on it and i will do so ^^.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=bg0fcj
Btw Fountain of power looks ugly :( Is it okay if i replace the model with something else? (A wc3 model not an imported one ^^)
I'll upload finished map asap

Level 6
Hey. I needed a terrain and well, thought this would be the perfect place to ask :)

Desired Area: The whole map, basically.
Tileset: Any tileset would work, tho I think Dalaran or Dalaran Ruins would fit nicely.
Deadline: No deadline. Not in a hurry :)
Theme: A ruined town.
Import: I'm a huge fan of maps which don't use imports, so I'll greatly appreciate it if you didn't use any. However, if you find an import which you feel will make the map look awesome, then go ahead ^^
Map size : Not bigger than 96-96. I'm thinking 64-64 but whichever you are more comfortable with :)

Basically, the map is supposed to look like a city in ruins. Houses burning, trees cut off, statues destroyed, stuff like that.

Also the map (units/triggering/stuff like that) are not worked on yet. I'm working on another project and as soon as it gets to beta (it should soon), I'm starting to work on this. And I need the terrain before I start making units and stuff so I know how to design them (the map is hugely focused on the terrain).

Important things to notice : there should be 3 major areas in the town - a hospital/nursery area, an armory and a market. These should be open areas, so players can go in at will and explore them and find items there.

Finally, the map must have 2 areas, one at the bottom of the map and one at the top. These areas need to be big enough so you can deploy units there.

Level 4
Hey. I needed a terrain and well, thought this would be the perfect place to ask :)

Tileset: Any tileset would work, tho I think Dalaran or Dalaran Ruins would fit nicely.
Import: I'm a huge fan of maps which don't use imports, so I'll greatly appreciate it if you didn't use any. However, if you find an import which you feel will make the map look awesome, then go ahead ^^
Map size : Not bigger than 96-96. I'm thinking 64-64 but whichever you are more comfortable with :)

Basically, the map is supposed to look like a city in ruins. Houses burning, trees cut off, statues destroyed, stuff like that.

Also the map (units/triggering/stuff like that) are not worked on yet. I'm working on another project and as soon as it gets to beta (it should soon), I'm starting to work on this. And I need the terrain before I start making units and stuff so I know how to design them (the map is hugely focused on the terrain).

Important things to notice : there should be 3 major areas in the town - a hospital/nursery area, an armory and a market. These should be open areas, so players can go in at will and explore them and find items there.

Finally, the map must have 2 areas, one at the bottom of the map and one at the top. These areas need to be big enough so you can deploy units there.

Ill Take Your Request Tommorow ...

Level 3
What storyline is it ?

Desired Area: Just some part of the map you should get an example from the map down below how the buildings should be.
Tileset: The tileset is in the map.
Deadline: No deadline i am not in hurry.
Theme: Zombie/Modern Warfare
Import: I really love to have some HQ models but i can't find anywhere,
My Note: Alright here is my map the road is made i want to "update" this old zombie map to something much better with systems, units, models, skins etc.

Hello, I'm a new member of Terrain Workshop.I would like to take your request, I've opened your map and I see roads.But, can you tell me your map storyline to make the terrain more suitable with your storyline.After you tell me your what is it, then I will use your storyline to make the terrains.

Level 19
Hello, I'm a new member of Terrain Workshop.I would like to take your request, I've opened your map and I see roads.But, can you tell me your map storyline to make the terrain more suitable with your storyline.After you tell me your what is it, then I will use your storyline to make the terrains.

Well maybe show us some sample work.

Level 3
Go to his profile and tell him, 2 days ago, my account had a problem, so this thread seems 'dead and removed', so i guess he didn't know that this workshop is reopened

Done and waiting for his responses

Edit for Drunken Jackal : Ah, yes.Here you are http://www.mediafire.com/?x206li5heb0rqyy, http://www.mediafire.com/?co817lrvd8ljxcc, http://www.mediafire.com/?dsr7dc6kw5nt2fx, http://www.mediafire.com/?yyo2wjj7iew87j6, and http://www.mediafire.com/?nb1yyb8syjep9n9.

I'm sorry because my computer has problem with the attachment so there's nothing I can do besides give the links where I upload the files.

Last edited:
Level 3
Death Knight was suppose to take my request iirc, but i didn't hear from him in a while. Here's the request again

Desired Area:192x192
Tileset:Ashenvale
Deadline:no deadline, but i would like it done as fast as possible(don't rush however if it will affect the mapmaking or if you are busy)
Theme:Basically, a gank-based map with lots of neutral camps.There should be 2 special ones for boss creeps and 2 more for some more powerful camps. So, some nice juke spots would be welcomed, and not make it entirely flat(but not too much heights and depresions :p). A river would be nice. I'll need some spawn points(some 10 of them, but they shouldn't be noticeable, just some clearings or something where they can spawn without trouble, but 2 of them should be a bit bigger, cause i need them for FFA and 2 team battles), a place for taverns(not too big), and 2 "lakes"(smaller ones) for regenerating unit's health(i hate how the fountain looks in wc3, so i will code the healing, which i would have to do anyways for a little something), the regen will be in a bigger area ofc. If you think that 192x192 won't hold all that and still have some good free space, feel free to use a bigger format map.
Import: none needed

Level 6
Empire Jackal was supposed to take my request... anyway - rerequesting :3

Level 17
Empire Jackal was supposed to take my request... anyway - rerequesting :3

It's only been about 5-6 days since you made that request, you should be a little more patient because good terrains do take a while to complete.

Level 18
Uhm... sorry guys, but recently, my computers hard drive fried, andI've lost everything, I had to buy a new hard drive for bout £130, and I'm also currently in the military preparation college, so.. I don't think I can do the request, seeing as all the work I had, has been lost, plus I don't have the spare time any-more...

Sincerest Apologizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.