• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, but is it just me or does it lack some shading on those new scales?
Is it still in WIP state or is it mostly finished?
(Also, how's it going with Goblin\Toad\Mushroom? :O)

You are totally right, this is just a WIP, only applyed the scale texture basically, far from being finished... this is not even part of the ''polishing state'' still have around 5 hours to work on it.. :goblin_yeah:

and about that Toad/Goblin/Mushroom, it's on my computer, which is corrupted by a virus, which means I can't work on it until the viral virus problem is fixed D:

so yeah...

Level 6
That's cool, I learned stuff ^^ But I would suggest that you turn off the yellow circle around the mouse... It's kinda hard to focus on what you're doing :) +rep!

If you checked my livestream channel you would reconise this guy... indeed I worked on him alot! still not clause to be finished yet, I need Crazyrussian to help me with the arms since I couldn't find any good reference picture on the internet... :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• SciFisolider.png
    SciFisolider.png
    503.5 KB · Views: 117
If you checked my livestream channel you would reconise this guy... indeed I worked on him alot! still not clause to be finished yet, I need Crazyrussian to help me with the arms since I couldn't find any good reference picture on the internet... :goblin_yeah:

Woah, incredible... So much detail and realism. >_>
I could never be bothered with drawing REAL people, as I dislike sticking to natural proportions and stuff.

livestreaming_6_bokor_wip1_by_mr_goblin-d3i8cs1.png

THis is a first WIP of a drawing I'm making on the livestream, 100% of that drawing will be made during livestreaming hours!!! come and see to see the first part :D

http://www.livestream.com/mrgoblinart?t=20949

I might be livestreaming later tonight, if not it will be tomorow...

Level 6
Looks nice :) But i gotta say (no disrespect/flame/accusations intended) that it looks very much like a buffed up version of the beast in "Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom" game. And don't the rules say you can't show your pics to anyone? I did read them a long time ago, but i think there's something like that in there.

Level 18
Looks nice :) But i gotta say (no disrespect/flame/accusations intended) that it looks very much like a buffed up version of the beast in "Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom" game. And don't the rules say you can't show your pics to anyone? I did read them a long time ago, but i think there's something like that in there.

Couldn't find a rule like that, howeverI might be missing some details. The most related rule I could find was "entrant may not authorize or permit any prize winning Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than-Entrant, the Sponsor and Trion during the Display Period;".

Also I wonder if "entrant will not acquire any rights of any kind whatsoever to associate the Work with the game RIFT other than in reference with the fact that the Work was created as part of the Contest." means the Rift logo can't be on there.

So you DID use a stock. Good to know. Looking forward to the finished results!

pffff... even tough your comment is clearly sarcastic, I'll just make sure you're not as dumn as you want me to think :D

I DREW THEM! tuuuum tum tum

Some quick update, I worked on a drawing a few days ago, spent a 2-3 hours on it, still far from being done, not even sure I'll use it, was mostly a practice.

And thanks DonDustin for your kind word, I appreciate!n:goblin_good_job:

Attachments

• Auh Body.png
    Auh Body.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 161
Some quick update, I worked on a drawing a few days ago, spent a 2-3 hours on it, still far from being done, not even sure I'll use it, was mostly a practice.

And thanks DonDustin for your kind word, I appreciate!n:goblin_good_job:

Illidan as a Naga? :p

Looks well defined, proportions too. This is your thread, the more you show us, the more we can learn from you (and give some productive criticism aswell).

Nice owl, but some stuff look's a little secendary; mean's like i somewhere saw something like that. :)

Btw, pen\pencil graphics by you looks better than some of your digital works :)

Thanks mate, yeah I never was really good in Science-fiction conceptualizing, which is also why I'm doing some, to get better at it. Just like my landscapes :D this is actually some of the first landscapes I ever drew! Still have a long way to go before getting good but anyway :D

and about the owl, I first based my concept on the scariness of the Barn Owl (Inspiration comes from the Movie = The Fourth Kind), why I made the sketch of the face, as a visual helper, but as it goes down, you can see I took an other direction with ''skull bone structure''.. and I finally ended up taking something closer to insects (that complete black head concept) and I stayed with it.

but again, just like you said, everything have been already created somewhere, what we need now is just a mater of presenting it differently with new combinations :D

goblin_concept_goblin__s_tale_by_mr_goblin-d413rwa.png

I know the body is damn ugly, that's not the point I rushed it, right now trying different approaches for my goblin race in Goblin's Tale.. and I don't know which direction I should go..

1# = regular goblin, like in warcraft?
2# = animal goblin, more like well, just different XD
3# = different colour of #2
4# = more amphibious like :3
5# = different amphibious like :D

can't seem to choose.. :\

Last edited:
goblin_concept_goblin__s_tale_by_mr_goblin-d413rwa.png

I know the body is damn ugly, that's not the point I rushed it, right now trying different approaches for my goblin race in Goblin's Tale.. and I don't know which direction I should go..

1# = regular goblin, like in warcraft?
2# = animal goblin, more like well, just different XD
3# = different colour of #2
4# = more amphibious like :3
5# = different amphibious like :D

can't seem to choose.. :\

I'd say go with the first one (or an altered version of it), the last two look like Gremlins, and the middle two.... their hair makes them look like apes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.