• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hmm...
atm no idea i need...
i just keep an eye to my pet idea thread, some of them still have no model and no specification
I workin on the monster rancher right now, i used the selling idea from farmer's life (non loap game, a little same, but has big difference)

Level 17
Blindman, can you make a terrain, just to prove your self is good enough to take some request, i approve you, but some other outside this thread are not, so make one, oh, and remember, no imported files exist, so we can judge from blizzard's standart doodad, and destructible.
thanks!

Level 17
Haha, my vice leader is here!
E1:
==ANNOUNCEMENT==
For all who subscribed to this thread
I'll updated all your nice terrain to the main post
The finished terraIn request will also need some screeny to prove that the request is done, just attach the screeny to the post, i'll post a link to them in main post

Last edited:
Level 10
yeah blizzard cliffs are generally bad, mainly because you have such little ability to modify them, they look really unnatural; unless covered by doodads, and they can sometimes cause glitches that can cause you unable to change them.

I also suggest using an imported miscdata.txt or JNP with the terraining inhibitors removed so you can simply use the raise/low tool, because every cliff being 90 degree slopes is unrealistic.

Just cliffs.

97560d1297193883-picture-3-picture-3.jpg

Same cliffs + doodads.

98410d1298672727-picture-3-wip4.png

Level 15
Hi rysn11. Would you terrain my map named as Through Snow and Ice? Please fix it adn do not leave any empty ground. And fix the cliffs next to the rivers and replace them with rolling shores.
And please raise a huge mountain in my map and fix the waterfalls and the icecrown tileset, too.
So pleaee do that for me. :thumbs_up:
import:Well, you can import to my map several nice models and icons too but most of them must be good for an icecrown-terrained map.

Level 17
Hi rysn11. Would you terrain my map named as Through Snow and Ice? Please fix it adn do not leave any empty ground. And fix the cliffs next to the rivers and replace them with rolling shores.
And please raise a huge mountain in my map and fix the waterfalls and the icecrown tileset, too.
So pleaee do that for me. :thumbs_up:
import:Well, you can import to my map several nice models and icons too but most of them must be good for an icecrown-terrained map.

okay, game me the map via pm, and are you in serious deadline?

Level 18
Alrighty. Here are some i did before, took me about 5 mins each, or less.
Attachment 1 and 2.

If you need me to make a proper example, then i will. But like i said these were done quick. Just proof that i know how to use blizz models, i guess. Maybe.

Attachments

• TerrainExample001.jpg
    TerrainExample001.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 73
  • TerrainExample002.jpg
    TerrainExample002.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 52
Level 10
I would if I could see the link but I don't have permission.
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cpix/gameinfo/maps/GreatLakes.gif on this server.

Edit: googled the link in images and found the picture, I will start making this map, should I leave spaces for bases or something; the map seems like a terrain for an altered melee.

Level 18
Mgeterno11's Through Snow and Ice

Okay, so, i am making progress with your map. Although there is more i need to know about it. I got this version from your Idea Factory, and it says something about the Icecrown palace, what do you want me to do with that, there is just a big empty plane at the top of the map at the moment.

Also, do you want me to try and balance out the gameplay?
E.g. Balanced trees, creeps, gold expansions, etc...

Also, the middle of the map, there is a, well... A creep 'base' which led to the palace, which isn't there anymore, so what do you want doing with that?

Also, the creeps seem so random, do you want me to place new creeps that fit the theme?

I won't supply any screenshots yet, until i know what to do with the above things.

Thanks In Advance

Regards,
xDeathKnightx

Level 18
Okay, so, i have decided to upload what i have done so far.
I do not want to change the whole terrain and map, because then it wouldn't be Mgeterno11's map anymore... so i just edited the terrain, and change some creeps and stuff. Like i said, these are what i got so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 001.jpg
    Screenshot 001.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 11,977
  • Screenshot 002.jpg
    Screenshot 002.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot 003.jpg
    Screenshot 003.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 11,943
  • Screenshot 004.jpg
    Screenshot 004.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 10,725
  • Screenshot 005.jpg
    Screenshot 005.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 006.jpg
    Screenshot 006.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 007.jpg
    Screenshot 007.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 008.jpg
    Screenshot 008.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 72
Level 15
Hi XDeathknightx. Many thanks for editing my map. The terrain is beautiful. I give the permission to edit it becasue you are a well-experienced terrainer. Yes, you should edit some of the creeps which are not good and on the empty plane on the north you should make something icy ( icebergs, etc. )
Please send me the map when you finished editing it. Would you tell me how to make such an amazing terrain like that?
Thank you again.

Level 18
You're very much welcome. And Okay, i will change the creeps, and fix the north plane. and i will tell you how to make terrains when i finish the map, to save time :) I should have it too you, in about 1 to 2 hours, and anything you don't like you can either edit yourself or send me the map again.

Regards,
xDeathKnightx

Level 10
Request from Deathblade
Desired Area:128 x 128
Tileset:Barrens
Deadline:13 June
Theme:Mostly Barren,Trees,Lakes.Few Doodads
Import:None

Current Development State
Area 128 x 128
Tileset: Barrens
Theme: Barrens
Import: Hope you don't mind a 3kb fern.

Description:
There are a few more then a few doodads, however, most of the doodads are in un-pathable areas so they will have no limiting in playable space. I just didn't feel comfortable with empty cliffs. I think too many doodads is easier to fix then too few, and since I have not played the game it was hard for me to choose the right amount. On google it seemed they were many sharp cliffs so I made sure to include them.

Please direct complaints or issues as soon as possible so I have know not to start working on another terrain. If you have a problem with this terrain being attached to the post tell me and I can remove it.

Scenery

ScreenDeathblade1-1.png

Layout View

ScreenDeathblade2.png

Attachments

• [XPQJ]Nightblade.w3x
    202.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.