• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.
Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again.

Okay so I go to try load Frozen throne today and this comes up, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt help. I have no idea what caused this, I was playing warcraft last night and didnt add anything before I went to bed, the last thing I did was played a custom game which i've played multiple times before... How did this happen? More importantly, how do I fix it :(

Edit: my game is an official version. I've troubled-shooted this on google and found a few solutions but none have helped so far, such as the installation of vcerdist_86 - which im not even sure is actually installing because it get's to the "Gathering Information" bar, sits there for a like 20 seconds and then just closes, so i'm unsure if it's even sucessfully installed or not.

Level 6
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.

Level 14
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.
Go to Resident Shield
> Exceptions
Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.