• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hostile Territory v0.6d

attachment.php

Introduction:
Hostile Territory is a 3rd-person shooter map designed for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It has a unique birds-eye view style and interface. What makes this map the Ultimate Shooter? It contains modes, maps and weapons like no other map. I have been working on this map for over a year. Try to respect that I put loads of work into it and that I am solo-mapping it (IN GUI, DUM-DUM-DUM).
Maps like Toy Soldiers and Sharpshooter have persuaded me to venture into the Wc3 Shooter map genre, so I owe them for the inspiration.
Now, have a read...

Gameplay:
Hostile Territory's gameplay shall be unrivaled by any other Shooter map for Wc3. Below are 5 reasons why:

1. Character control - you control your character with keyboard only, using arrowkeys and hotkeys.
The controls are:
Left/Right/Up/Down Arrows - move in the selected direction
Q - activates/uses certain objects
W - charges/releases a grenade throw
E - fires your weapon
R - switches between your 2 weapons
V - swings your knife around

2. Atmosphere - custom music, custom UI, even a custom map selection system!

3. Maps, maps, maps! - 4 planned maps shall be installed, and you will use a unique map selection system as mentioned beforehand to select your map:
Warehouse - a dark, creepy abandoned warehouse. Small and mazey.
Pondpark - vast empty parklands. Mixed, has open and tight areas.
Roadway- admist the road of an empty street. Direct, open and mazey.
Seashore - situated on the coast of an island. Large and open.

4. Modefest - 4 modes are planned to be implement:
Survival - the good old hold your bloody ground whilst hordes of enemies swarm at you. Has difficulty and Zombie mode.
Hostility - engage in a firefight between two teams. Has optional winning score and Gang Ups mode, which allow killed players to switch teams.
Capture the Frag - take the enemy's frag 'nade and return it to your base! Has optional winning score and Volatile mode, which makes the frag explode when being held for too long.
Open Season - one player is the 'hunter' that must hunt down every other player. Has Stalker mode that turns the hunter invisible.
Typing -end will end the current round.

5. Ammu-nation - THERE ARE NO STUPID CLASSES. THIS IS A SHOOTER, NOT A FRIGGIN' RPG! I HATE SHOOTERS WITH CLASSES! A variety of unique weapons that you can find:
M9 Beretta
M4 Carbine
M16 Combat Rifle
M26 Shotgun
MG4 Machine Gun
RPG-7
Flamethrower
Frag Grenade
You may carry 2 different weapons at a time, and also you start with your knife. There are 2 types of Grenades, and you may carry 4 of each at max.
Items are available as well, such as Adrenaline and Stimpacks.
Guns, however, are found around the map. In survival mode, they are dropped by creeps. All items can be picked up from the ground as well.

6. Losing Count! - So many awesome features, I've forgotten the 6th and last one! It supports multi-player and single-player! However, the only mode in single-player is Survival.

Progress:

Terrain - 25%, I have finished 1 map, Warehouse
Triggers - 85%, finished most systems
Object Data - 99%, pretty much done
Misc (like art, UI etc) - 97%, room for improvement

Credits List:

Icons:
xxTrickyxx, Zombie

Models/Textures:
qassamzed - Marine model
M0rbid, Just_Spectating, Dentothor - zombies
Kofi_Banan - truck doodad
Illidan(Evil)X - container doodads + frag grenade
epsilon, Kitabitake, Champara Bros - weapons
WindexIsBack + Frictional Games - all other doodads
CloudWolf - blood FX
WILLTHEALMIGHTY - missiles/sfx

UI/Terrain:
Martin O'Donnell - Halo music
Counter-Strike - gun sounds
Illidan(Evil)X - UI
inhuman89, Red Shift - terrain

Systems:
NFWar - projectiles
Weep - damage detection

All resources(except music and UI) were downloaded from the Hive, so chances are you can find them easily as well.

Changelog:
v0.2a -
- Added grenade system (bit buggy)
- Added some icons
- Added ammo shop
- minor fixes
v0.2e
-Fixed up grenade system
-Added weapon switch system
-Minor fixes to smoke grenade
v0.3a
-Added M9 Beretta
-Added M4 Carbine
-Fixed up grenade ability
v0.3d
-Changed one particularly large model
-Implemented unuseable Ammo Shop
-Changed some icons
v0.4a
-Fixed Team 2 Weapons bug
-Changed some UI (note that Food is now Money)
-Added M16 Combat Rifle
-Added M26 Shotgun
-Added full gun-pickup system
-Added functioning Survival Mode
-Changed the Zombies dramatically
v0.4b
-Removed ammo shop completely
-Fixed up ALOT of GetLocalPlayer() scripts
-Edited weapons placement
-Map shouldn't disconnect as much lol
v0.5a
-Added RPG-7
-Fixed up minor bugs
-Squished models/textures
-Map is now open for editing
v0.5b
-Fixed reload bugs thanks to Maker
-Added random creep weapon drops
-Minor trigger fixes
v0.5c
-Changed some text colour
-You now face your direction when you press an arrow key
-Added Hostility mode (not polished)
v0.6b
-You now drop your armed weapon on death
-Added a better damage detection
-Reload/respawn system revamped
v0.6c
-Made grenade throws slower and closer
-Fixed tooltip for Rocket Launcer
-Disabled multi-player modes if all players are on the same team
v0.6d
-Added buggy auto-create teams function
-Fixed up one of the creep's attacks
-Edited ammo settings
-Removed weapon drops

Screenshots:
Welcome to HOSTILE TERRITORY
176529-albums4644-picture45553.jpg

Check out the interface
176529-albums4644-picture45554.jpg

ZOMG! Exploding zombies!!!
176529-albums4644-picture45555.jpg

Eat shotgun, mofos.
176529-albums4644-picture45556.jpg

The shotgun rounds literally ended up in their stomach.
176529-albums4644-picture45557.jpg

How can I take a piss with all these zombies around me!?
176529-albums4644-picture45558.jpg

Woops, bad grenade throw...
176529-albums4644-picture45559.jpg

BAZOOKAAAAAA
176529-albums4644-picture45560.jpg

Special thanks gos to Superz ze Man and nickel150 for testing this map out.

NOTE: This map is not finished yet. There are a LOT of features missing:

• Only 1 map available; Warehouse
  • Only 2 modes available; Survival and Hostility
  • Some guns haven't been implemented yet
  • Map probably has a lot of bugs/errors. Tell me if you find any :)

Current version: 0.6

Map development thread is here, where all the previous versions are.

Thanks for downloading, and enjoy.

Keywords:
Hostile, Territory, Shooter, 3rd person, Gun, Grenade, Knife, Top down, Arrow keys, GhosT
Contents

Hostile Territory v0.6d (Map)

Reviews
09:39, 21st Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
HT is an arcade-style 3rd-person shooter, which boasts a variety of features.

Please, post your comments, ideas, criticism, and pony images!
One last thing, READ the description before downloading/playing!

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot; Hostile Territory is OPEN SOURCE!!! So, I encourage people to use this as a template or borrow some systems/resources (so long as credits are given) as well as to find any of my shitty rushed coding!

Last edited:
Aiiiight. Review time. :)
I'll use my experimental rating system now. :)
My Review

Terrain - [1/1]

I liked the tiles, and how you marked the path; and all those arrows on the floor. I liked the doodad placements, especially all those dead people on the floor. I gave me a 'OMFG everyone's dead' feeling. I liked every little detail you put. Great job!

Gameplay - [2/2]

Very good job on the gameplay! I loved the Zombie Mode, but I didn't really play normal mode since I don't want to get shot. I just want to run away and be terrified of dying. Running from corner to corner, throwing grenades hoping I'll live, switching weapons here and there, knifing all those melee guys; it was such an enjoyable experience. I loved it!

Visuals - [0.25/0.25]

Blood splattered everywhere, a beautiful UI, very hi-res models, a dark fog covering your eyesight; it was beautiful!

Spells/Effects - [0.50/0.50]

Alright! The spells seemed fluid and very well-triggered. The Fire skill doesn't seem to have any bugs, the grenade system is pretty cool and devastating; and all the triggers seem perfect. Good job!

Difficulty - [1/1]

Now this is the best point of this map. I love how difficult the game is, and I laugh at how much I suck at surviving. :xxd:
But I love how hard it is and I have an irresistable urge to keep on playing, and try to survive for as long as I can. It's really satisfying at the same time; I can't deny how much this map challenges me. :)

Replayability - [0.25/0.25]

The replay system of this is so awesome. It's one game after another; I love it! No need to F10-E-R over and over again. Just keep on playing! And the corpses left after the previous game stays, adding to the visuals factor.
Well anyway, I mean the game doesn't make you get tired of it easily, you'll just keep on playing; owning ass here and there; but also getting your ass owned.

Terrain 1
Gameplay 2
Visuals 0.25
Spells/Effects 0.50
Difficulty 1
Replayability +0.25
Total [5/5]

Suggestions

First off, make the grenade throw distance shorter. Sometimes my grenades are wasted because of the grenade flying off too far. That's all that I can think of now.

Vote for Approval!

I gave you a 5/5 rating, and I'll reward you with 1 rep! :grin:

Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Hostile Territory" a Shooting Survival game were you expand your skills to fight and survive rotting hordes of zombies or vast bombarding soldiers.

Hostile Territory v0.6c

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The Game was sex! not because of the cool moves you can apply with the keyboard system, but use them in an alternative way of gaming in the warcraft 3 universe, at first it was way too difficult to explore and hide because the enemy can spot you easily and kill you for good, but with good mechanics and open sources for the game, it went really good.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
"This is your marine" the very first thing I spotted in the game, and yes the playable statistics of your map was indeed excellent and entertaining for my eyes. and since I like it very much, it will too be good as well to the other players that wish to play your game perfectly.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The map theme of your game was fantastic! it is like a hidden underground facility for drugs and advanced medicinal standards that went wrong or an infiltrated base of terrorists and bandits alike. terrain was brilliant, entry routes are quite wide enough for the players to pass through, none spamming of doodads were in place, and the use of custom props of modern society was shaped into a better image, well done.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
as for my conclusions, there were no low-management of the game, no lack of adjustments, and imbalance difficulty that every players notify it as shit, but for me, the output of the game was great, nothing bad to express and the game went well, and I see that your still on the work for more updates, I believe you can do it and hope for better changes next time.

Bug/s

CLEAN

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
20/20100%A

194715-albums4513-picture44058.gif
[Perfect!]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

~bump~

With the recent change in the display of the maps section, most of the pending maps don't get any action :(

Anyways, I'm still working on it, and I've currently added-
-An auto-create team option, which automatically switches random players into different teams, when all players are on one team
-A shotgun Marine creep in Survival mode

I will be adding Capture The Frag mode next, and Volatile mode after that.
In CTF, you must find the enemy's 'Golden Frag', located in their base, and bring it to your base. Kills don't matter. It will indefinitely require more teamwork than Hostility mode.
Volatile mode, enables Frags to explode (and then respawns back at the owner's base) after an optional amount of time (15/20/25 seconds), urging players who carry the Frags to be quick and reach their base ASAP.

Level 7
o_O it's finally released :)
EDIT: Good, finally those annoying bugs that didn't allow me to fire bullets and stuck when i spawn are fixed in singleplayer, even though they happen sometimes in multiplayer back then. I'll refrain from rating this map yet.

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay, i just hosted this once on Garena and it seems they have been fixed =)
So...5/5

Gameplay is sorta clunky for a FPS player like me ( I'm accustomed to aiming with my mouse, I'm sure I'll get over the weirdness soon ), but the explodey/gorey things compensate for that. The audio effects feel good too, it has a meaty feel to it...everything feels good to shoot, even the pistol.

Graphics were really good, pretty much everything modifiable in the map is custom. Like said above, very fun to see gore spray from zombies when shooting at them ( and killing teammates is fun sometimes too, if they have a sense of humor )

Haven't tried out other modes other than Zombie Survival yet, but sure they'll be quite challenging VS human players.

Hope you'll add more features to this map soon. Personally I'm interested in how the next area is going to be like.

Okay, i just hosted this once on Garena and it seems they have been fixed =)
Yah, I finally managed to utilize the power of GetLocalPlayer correctly :p
Gameplay is sorta clunky for a FPS player like me
Play this. By yourself or with a friend. ;]
Graphics were really good, pretty much everything modifiable in the map is custom. Like said above, very fun to see gore spray from zombies when shooting at them ( and killing teammates is fun sometimes too, if they have a sense of humor )
Thank you :) I worked hard to polish this map to the brink of polishing :D
Haven't tried out other modes other than Zombie Survival yet, but sure they'll be quite challenging VS human players.
CTF is not working, however Hostility (Deathmatch) works well.

Say, if you ever play a game on Garena, could you invite me? I'd like to test my own map out in MP :)

EDIT: @indomitable: Haha, thank -Kobas-, the mighty map mod for that :)

Level 22
I had a game on multiplayer with Izanagi. And here's the bugs :

First, I waited in the Toilet with RPG, then Izanagi comes. I killed him, then he killed me.
Then, I respawned. The icon says I got Beretta, but I'm still shooting RPG's.

The same way repeated until Izanagi got m16 and I killed him. Then I commited suicide, and voila. The icon still says beretta, but I got m16 somehow.

Then we repeated the whole killing process, and the map were spammed with RPG item models at the points of death.

Level 22
Clicking this will actually allow a 3D moving perspective, and YOU can make your own boring conventional 2D screenshots.

Lol
But if I face an opponent 1 on 1, the shotgun user will lose (of course it will win on close combat, instead of using knife lol)
And yes, it's effective on many 'zombies'.
EDIT: Actually, some shotguns only spread 6 fragments. And some were only a powerful single-shot (like hunting rifle)
Ghost, how about auto-shotgun? Like striker shotgun, it only spreads a little, but it's semi-rapid fire.

But if I face an opponent 1 on 1, the shotgun user will lose (of course it will win on close combat, instead of using knife lol)
And yes, it's effective on many 'zombies'.
All weapons have ups and downs (except for Pistol), as I will show:
Beretta - no ups, no downs
M4 Carbine - fast fire, weak damage
M16 Rifle - fires multiple shots for taking out single enemies in one go, slow reload
Shotgun - AoE medium damage, close range only
RPG-7 - BAZOOKAAAAA, scarce ammo and explosions hurt you

So, there's no imba-ness.

Ghost, how about auto-shotgun? Like striker shotgun, it only spreads a little, but it's semi-rapid fire.
I'm only gonna include very specific guns with very different roles to each other. So, I don't want two shotguns with a few differences.

Level 6
This map was kick-ass. Loved zombie mode, took a little bit to get used to controls but very fun. Also Halo Reach music ftw :p + rep