• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skybox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
can anyone actually help me fix this?

Someone made me a skybox (Sphere) model, (ikillforeyou)

and i need the skin to be attached to it,

the skin size resolution size seems to be wrong too.

as we can see from
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1844392-post9.html

as an example.

so i need someone to resize the texture, and attach the texture into the model, i don't know if this will work as a skybox, but its a tryout.

here is the link to both model and texture
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=9f6z1z

thx :D

EDIT : I got the problem i think, i need a rename in texture used, it got space in between (Nebula<Space>Rose.blp), i guess i need someone to rename that too...

Last edited:
Level 16
bump, why is no one reacting to this request?

its just rescalling texture, convert to blp, and attach it to a model that has been Made.

and lastly test if it works and gives no errors.

just as darkdeathknight said, it is a simple job. takes about 5 - 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Level 16
no i cant make it to work +__+, i can send you map if you want, help me..
i think i found some problem with the model,

where the model didnt use any texture (Used texture path is empty).
and there is a space on the texture name "Nebula<Space>Sphere.blp".

there need to be a fix on texture dimension size too, i see that warcraft only can use certain texture resolution size, use the one GhostThruster posted, that one works for texture. tell me if you could help :) thx

Level 17
1 thing...
Be patient while other people do their task
about your problem, i suggest you to dl the blp lab,and photoshop for mac users, the photoshop would do the reize while the blp lab convert your files from .blp to .tga, dont choose other than .tga, because only .tga can hold the alpha channels, and be sure to save the image as .tga extension, when the work on photo shop done, convert back to .blp using blp lab

Level 16
look at the dates of each bump lol, and no one actually wrote me any updates, every bump is 2 days worth. anyways, is there any free photoshop link to DL?, i really need it D:, the map is almost done, but the terrain is empty (the skybox is the whole terrain)

Level 16
lol, i don't really mind, if the sphere skybox doesn't work, leave it a box, i will give up on the sphere idea, anyways, thx, the terrain is "transparant", so you could directly see through to the bottom of the skybox, so it is the most important part of my map, as it is the whole terrain xD.

i just do hope the sphere skybox works D: , otherwise the edges will go weird.
if you decide it will be box shaped, tell me, coz i will change the skin, so that the edges won't look weird.

thx a lot !! i appreciate your concern xD

Level 16
but i can't get it to work somehow.. o.o the sphere doesn't show up at the wc3 viewer, nor at WE xD, help me!

can you put it up on some Test Map? please? :D

i use
rose256x256.blp
for the texture path,

i try opening the model in MDL format, and it still shows blank, and there is no texture path,
maybe you put up a wrong model? can reupload with a test map? please? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.